Sideways cabin

mickeymom923

<font color=red><b>"Someday my prince will come"</
I'm booked in a cat 11, sideways cabin. Who has stayed in these cabins and what did you think of it?

Thanks for any info.

Bev

We had a sideways Cat 11 on the Wonder back in March. It was great! The layout seemed to allow for more useable floor space.

::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

We've stayed in 5001 and 5501. Other family members stayed in 5005 and 5009. These sideways staterooms were great. For me, DH and two DDs it worked very well. Nice because the closet space is situated away from the entrance door so you're not in other's way when you're fixing your clothes. The single bathroom is also away from the door so it is not seen from the hallway. The hallways are quiet because this "wing" only has a limited number of staterooms so not much traffic. Also, very accessible to the kids clubs and Buena Vista Theater (same deck), to the Walt Disney Theatre and shops (just one deck directly below), and to Rockin Bar D (just two decks directly below). The only problem you might find is if you tend to go back to your stateroom for a nap in the afternoon, you might find some noise from matinee shows in the Walt Disney Theatre directly below.

Hope this helps!

I was in 6521 for 14 nights in August. It was really nice. We had a "steamer trunk" and it seems like there is more open floor space. WHen room service comes in, they take 2 steps and they are at the table. We did have some noise as we were the first cabin from the elevator lobby, but it was just the people going up and down the hallway, mostly kids being excited. I would book one again in the future, I liked being forward, also.

Does anyone have a picture of the sideways cabin? :teleport:

I didn't stay in one but our 3 adult friends did. It seemed very spacious and they loved it. In fact, it was the second time for them. They managed to enjoy it on the 14 day cruise with 3 women and all that luggage.

We stayed in 5013, my sister and her family had 5009, and my parents had 5005. We were very happy with those rooms, and they were in a great location too.

CamColt said:
We stayed in 5013, my sister and her family had 5009, and my parents had 5005. We were very happy with those rooms, and they were in a great location too.

Do you have any pictures of your cabin? :earseek: :flower1: I would love to see how it looks, it sounds more functional.

would also love to see photos of these rooms, this site has one of these rooms as the example pic for 10-12 cats (with the dress table at the foot of the bed), but i only shows half the room, would love to see some more shots.

Penny

Unfortunately, I dont have pictures. Heres what I remember (this was 5 years ago) from 5013.

You walked in the door and the bathroom was to the left on that same wall...almost like you did a U turn to enter the bathroom. Then across from the bathroom was the closet. So if you entered the door, turned left, the bathroom was then on your left and the closet was on your right.

The couch and pull down bed were directly across from the door. You would be looking right at them when entering (with the closet to the left of that).

The head of the bed was on that same far wall that the couch was on, but to the right of the couch(again, this is looking at the coach from the door). There was some space next to the bed and the wall.

The desk/chair was at the foot of the bed. So, if you walked in the door, turned right and walked, the foot of the bed would be on your left and the desk was on your right.

Here is one Picture I took in August., I have 3 others that I will upload and post later.
Image146.jpg

This was taken with the closet on my right, the bathroom on the left.

I'm in cabin 6515. This is the third time I'm on the Wonder but first time in a sideways cabin. Sounds like it will be fun.

Thanks,
Bev

My parents were in 5501. Their room was set up with the bathroom/closet on the left, and bed/desk on the right, couch right in front of the door. Nice set up. My parents were happy with the room, though thought the bathroom was a little small.

I was in SPR 5520 just down the hall from my parents in 5501. There was some motion the 2nd night due to Tropical Depression (later Hurricane Rita) and 12-20 foot swells. But, otherwise, I didn't notice anything.

WHen we wewre on in August, the only time I felt anthing other than "normal" movement was when we hit Hurricane Hillery in Cabo San Lucas. It was a Cat 2 and we did not port. We had rough seas that day from about 5am till early the nest day, but it was the same all over. I felt less movement in the cabin then in the dining rooms.

Here are the other pictures. These were taken by another DISer. Thanks to Lisa and Allen for thier use.

sidewaysbed.jpg

sidewayscloset.jpg

sidewaysentry.jpg

Note that in these pictures the beds are shown as one, I had them seperated into 2.

We've been in 5 forward twice. We only felt motion when we were being "chased" by Hurricane Jeanne....but then again, we felt it all over the ship!!!
:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter