Side dishes for Chicken Marsala?

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by PoohBearLovinMama, Dec 21, 2005.

1. PoohBearLovinMama

PoohBearLovinMama DIS Veteran

What would you serve with Chicken Marsala? I was thinking Garlic Mashed potatoes, but that's as far as I got.

We're putting off our big family get together until Mon and my in laws are coming over for just dinner on Sun. I thought I'd make a chicken marsala for Christmas dinner, since we'll be having Turkey and Ham on Mon. I just can't think of what good side dishes go well with Chicken marsala. Any good ideas?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. hemispheredancer

hemispheredancer DVC/OKW 2000

What about some of those Pasta Roni noodles? Garlic and Olive Oil, Parmesan, etc. We really like that brand over the Lipton noodles.

4. pfishgirl

pfishgirl In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/

glazed carrots ? or another veggie you all like.. :confused3

5. PoohBearLovinMama

PoohBearLovinMama DIS Veteran

good ideas! Thanks! Hopefully, I'll be able to think of one other dish to whip up. :)

6. wdw_dine_junkie

wdw_dine_junkie DIS Veteran

I was going to say steamed broccoli or asparagus with parmesan cheese, minced garlic and a drizzle of olive oil.

7. Rex Rules

Rex Rules Missing Florida every minute I am not there!<br><f

Chicken Marsala is one of my favorites, and when I have it in restaurants they usually pair it with mashed potatoes or garlic mashed and I find them to be too heavy. I think asparagus or broccoli is a great idea. At home I use Lipton Lemon flavored rice. OOPs, just remembered it is Uncle Ben's, not Lipton....

8. LoveWDW

LoveWDW DIS Veteran

Rice would be good. Basmati rice is fragrant and tasty.

9. lisa_from_nj

lisa_from_nj Earning My Ears

I like some sort of pasta with Chicken Marsala because the sauce is so good. Also, sauteed garlic spinach (fresh not frozen) and garlic bread.

Lisa

10. Topper

Topper The One True Duck

With Chicken Marsala, I would serve some angel hair pasta on the side (pour some of that yummo sauce over), along with some some steamed broccoli florets with freshed squeezed lemon juice. :cool1:

11. TN Traveler

TN Traveler DIS Veteran

What about a huge tossed salad? I think a good salad works for just about everything....but then I could eat a salad every day of the week so take that w/a grain of salt! :flower: Angel hair pasta sounds good too.

Karen