Sick from 1-26 cruise

dbcruise

Mouseketeer
I have had the worst case of Flu ?? or whatever since I got off the ship last Sat .There seemed to be alot of sick people .One guy on the bus back to airport said his cabin boy had 15 cabins 5 with sick people in them . Wondering about the rest of the 1-26 ers ? How are you ?

We are quite all right and ready to go back again. No sickness here, our room was in deck 7 midship just around the elevators.

Hubby caught a cold on the last day, Friday. There were tons of people on that ship that were sick and MANY of them with bad coughs, in fact, hubby got coughed on several times..literally! He wasn't too impressed. Now I have a very sore throat today but have been taking cold medicine and orange juice now that I am home!

We also were deck 7 midship right around the elevators.

We have the flu! DH had it CC day (but he still managed to snorkel and lie in the hammock!). Now DD and I have it. Maybe it's the season, when we took DD to the Dr. today, they were packed with sick kids (who have been at home, not on the Magic!)

Susan Bryan and Grace

I was forward on 6 deck and the lady 2 cabins down said her daughter got a 103 temp after St Martain.Sun night I called a 24 hour advice nurse here and she said she had a call Sat night from someone on that same cruise with same symptoms here in Calif. Something was going through that ship .If I had to get it I am glad it hit Sat am as we were to get off . BUt a misrable time flying to Calif .

We were also on the 1/26 Magic. Level 7 midship. Both I and my DS have had some strange illnesses since our last day on the ship. His is intestinal and with me it is intense headaches and sore throat. Oh well - it is pretty close quarters for that amount of people. I guess we had to expect some germ sharing ...

Well, count me in as another one who brought home more than just gifts and a loaded Visa card ....

I started with a scratchy sore throat Thursday night and by Saturday morning I was totally miserable sneezing, coughing, etc ... I now have a full blown ear/sinus infection. Yippee. The kiddo is okay, so far.

We were on deck 5, aft, starboard.

We were on the 1/26 cruise and the 4 of us are fine, so far!! I do know that many people were sick, but we had a wonderful time and managed to escape without any problems.

Kathy

We have all caught a slight cold. DD started it on Thursday afternoon and by Saturday DH and I both had it. I am the worst now with almost no voice left, but otherwise are all fine--no intestinal type stuff at all.
Nicole, Tim & Alyssa

My DD started throwing up on Friday night. Our cabin stewart, Ike, had to change the beds twice cause she vomited in bed. She seemed ok at the dis-embarkation but by the time we got to the airport for the flight home she vomited again. She was fine on the plane ride home but, she again threw up at home that night. Poor kid, she hasn't had any episodes in the last two days so maybe she's over it.

Yes, as I mentioned in another thread, we all got the V & D on the cruise. Started with 6 year old son and worked it's way around to all of us.

Now home, took both baby and 6 yr old to the doctor yesterday. Both had ear infections and colds. My throat is hurting now, hopefully that will be the end of it.

At least one of us was sick 4 out of the 7 days. My hubby gave me the grand total for the cruise today. Much money down the 'drain'.

Hard to plan for the next one. Still have a bad taste in my mouth, although no fault of Disney's, of course.

Us too! I started feeling run-down on Friday evening--after returning from Castaway Cay. Thinking it was just too much sun, I took a 2 hour nap before dinner. By Saturday evening, I had a full-blown respiratory thing (stuffy nose, sore throat, chills, etc...) On Sunday, DH started with V & D and a fever of 102, and by the next day, I was also doing the same. EEEK! Today, we are just starting to be up-and-around. Boy--I haven't been that sick in a long time! Unfortunately, since my parents have been caring for my 1 yr old DS while we were recovering, they are now sick too!

Note to 3GuysandaMom--don't be discouraged by your illness-related cruise. We have taken over 20 cruises (of which 4 were on DCL) and have never once gotten sick before this last time.

I think the worst thing about this is that our suitcases are still sitting in the foyer of our house UNPACKED since we have not had enough energy to be able to unpack!

Be careful when you open that suitcase the smell could send you into relaspe .Today is the first day I have felt like doing so the dirty still damp clothes .......Well you get the idea . I hope I am over this finally it has been the worst .

Not only the ship, but on land everywhere too :(
We are in peak season for virus/flu in Md. Spreading like fire in schools and at work - drs. offices full - seems nothing can be done other than tylenol, motrin, cough syrup, gatoraid, jello and let it run it's course lasting about 5 days. Meanwhile our poor g/children are miserable w/ V - D and running temps between 103-105* :( Hope everyone feels better soon. I'm headed for the vitamins!

I also wanted to add that here at home, there is virus going around. My sister is a teacher and had had a lot of kids out sick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter