Sick at Disney Part 2

nepean

Mouseketeer
DD is feeling fine and we went to MGM yesterday. She rode Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller Coaster twice. I guess that is a sure sign that the flu bug is gone. On the other hand I have come down with a full blown cold. Stuffy head, runny nose, cough and big head. This is turning into the trip from #!*&!, It is cold here this molrning and windy. The hotels are emptying out as I type. It should be quiet at the parks for the next few days. I am trying to decide if we just leave early.

We are at the Comfort Suites Maingate (West) and I would not stay here again. The rooms and hotel are spotless and the staff is friendly and helpful but the rooms are much smaller than Maingate East and I can't stand the rubberized type of mattress cover, the full length mirror facing the toilet (YUK) and the breakfast room is really small and crowded. We have never stayed on 192West and I doubt we will again. There are alot more things on the East side and we are familiar with them. We also had a problem with them honouring our Choice Rate Guarantee. I fortunately brought all my paperwork and they did honour it.

Nepean :goodvibes

To hear that your family is fighting bugs. :sick:

Here's some pixie dust to help ake tings better (I hope) :wizard:

FWIW, Nepean, back here in (the City formerly known as) Nepean, its currently -21. The "good news" is that they've opened the canal for the first time. Stay where you're at (i.e. Florida!), drink plenty of fresh Floridian orange juice, one good night's rest and that cold is toast.

Unfortunately, back here in Nepean, one good night's rest will not get rid of our "cold". On the other hand, your weather is looking up -

Tomorrow: Sunny skies. High 67F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.

Tomorrow night: A mostly clear sky. Low 46F. Winds light and variable.

Monday: A few clouds. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the mid 50s.

Tuesday: Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the mid 50s.

Wednesday: Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the low 50s."

Glad to hear your DD bounced back. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
I'm sure all you'll need is one more day. :flower: :flower:

Hang in there!!! We've been sick in Orlando and it is really discouraging but just give yourself some time. Get some cold medicine and some Airborne and some juice and rest for a day.

Here's lots of good wishes and :flower3: :wizard: that your trip gets better (and so do you)! We also know what it's like to be "down and out" and in a hotel room...yuck. ::yes:: :( :worried:

Hang in there! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Let go...Let God.

Without sounding "preachy" ~ try to just let go of the illnesses and let God take over. He's good at this type of stuff.

We were all sick at the end of our 1998 trip and now it's just an amusing story ~ so it does get better.

Blessings, Sandra

DisFan2 said:
drink plenty of fresh Floridian orange juice, one good night's rest and that cold is toast.

Where in Florida do you get fresh orange juice? :rotfl: Seriously...I don't think I saw fresh squeezed juice anywhere. I remember being at Disney 5 years ago and thinking...I think I'll have some orange juice and they handed me a Minute Maid orange juice can from somewhere in the midwest. :confused:

When I go on trips I'm paranoid about getting sick (been there, done that...painful flight home). In December, we were using the hand sanitizers quite liberally. Each time we rode Buzz Lightyear, we all put our hand out as I squeezed the Purelle into all of our palms. And the teacups?? We put our winter gloves on. LOL...ok...we're more than paranoid. Ironically, we're more apt to pick up a cold bug while sitting on a plane. :laughing:

Try to enjoy the trip and whatever you do...stay there!!! It may be cool down there but it's still better than here! :sunny:

pxlbarrel said:
Where in Florida do you get fresh orange juice? :rotfl: Seriously...I don't think I saw fresh squeezed juice anywhere.

Try here. It was gooooddd! :teeth: :teeth:

Tropicana is good, but the pasteurization process definitely changes the taste.

My family stayed at the Quality Inn Maingate West hotel and found it to be to our satisfaction. Mind you the pickup times for the shuttles are fine, but the "traffic" can be heavy. It is actually only a mile and a half from WDW so it's easily accessible. If you go again, try that one. It's a nice hotel and you can meet tons of different people, including canadians!

I hope your trip is going better!

Kerry /a fellow Nepean~ite whos eyelids froze open while waiting with DS outside this morning for his bus/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter