Shuttle or taxi?

zizz

Earning My Ears
Hi, we are going in 2 weeks. I was originally set on booking a private shuttle for our family of 4, including our 2 kids. But I've been reading some really awful reviews on the reliability of these private shuttle companies - even those mentioned in the sticky info thread.

We will be coming from a Paris hotel, staying in Disney for 3 days before flying out of CDG. How easy will it be to get a cab to take us to the Disney resort from Paris and to get a cab from Disney all the way to CDG? Is this idea worse? Should I just book BSTransports which is highly recommended here?

Hello zizz and welcome to the DIS :wave:

I would prefer to prebook a shuttle, mainly because you know how much to budget for and it's all out sorted before you go.

I've been reading some really awful reviews on the reliability of these private shuttle companies

Somebody else has just said this too. Are these reviews from this board?

I booked a private shuttle last May for our september trip with BS Transport and confirmed it three days before the holiday.
The only problem we had was at the arrival when the driver was late at the airport (we had to wait about half an hour) because there had been a misunderstaing between the actual driver and his colleague about the one who was coming to pick us up - and our fight was early and we just had hand luggages so didnt have to wait for them.
The day of our departure he was at the Hotel earlier than we had requested and he waited for us no problem.
So we didnt actually have any *big* problem. The trip from CDG to Disneyland took about 40-45 minutes and for the four of us it costed 140 euros (we payied 80 at the arrival and 60 the day of the departure).
Where have you read awful reviews and about which company?

Thanks for the replies.

No the bad reviews on the private shuttle operators are not from this board. It's one thing when they are for your arrival but some reviews I read had the drivers not showing up at all for the departure!

We've travelled with BS transport 3 times with absolutely no problems I'd definitely recommend them to you.

Hi there, I have opted for the TGV from CDG to Disney cost for 2 adults and 1 child was £80 (first class!) therefore much cheaper and quicker option than a private taxi which was going to be my first option initially.

Nina

Are you staying in a Paris city centre hotel? If so getting the train (RER) would be your quickest and cheapest option. That's what we are going to do.

Best and easiest way really is the RER. It takes from "Les Halles" in the middle of Paris 35 minutes and you get of directly at the entrance to the parks and the hotels. CDG is also reachable the same way back. It does save a lot of money. If that's an issue

If you are travelling from CDG why not take the RER or the highspeed train (TGV I think?) its dead easy from CDG! We travelled into orly unfortunately so took the VEA shuttle instead as we arrived at the airport as it was due to leave so saved the money on a taxi (our hotel told us a taxi would be between 60-100 Euros depending on the firm and how much competition there was for fares at the time!),

:) Sadie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter