• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shuttle from WDW to Port Canaveral

Dancing_Nancy

Mouseketeer
Hey DISers:

Quick question that I hope someone can answer for me. My wife and I are planning to rent DVC points for a 2-night stay before our DCL cruise. Can we still take the shuttle from WDW to Port Canaveral even though we're not booking our 'pre-trip' through Disney? Will Disney set this up for us? We'll probably be staying at the Boardwalk Villas.

Thanks in advance!

Justin

I have the same senario. We are staying on points at BCV in Jan for 4 nights before we go on the Wonder to California. My cruise line paperwork shows pick up is at the Beach Club. I am going to show this at check in at the resort. I hear you will get a letter of what to do the last night you are there. DVC will not note it on the reservation unless you booked the cruise with them. We booked with AAA

This is a service sold by DCL, they don't care how you booked your hotel. If you booked directly, just call DCL to have them add "resort to port transfers". I believe the current price is still $35pp each way.

All the resorts have cruise pick up. DCL transfers can be booked separately from your DVC stay. The transfers cost $35 pp one-way or $69 pp round trip. Pick up don't start until about 11:30 or so if you want to be at the port early when it opens (10:00) you may want to find other transportation.

Not sure if you would call DVC or DCL to book these as I am unfamiliar with DVC.

MJ

Thanks for the responses!

SO if I picked up the shuttle at the airport, is there still a charge? We took a Disney Cruise and I guess I just don't remember a charge for the shuttle. Maybe things have changed???

Justin

Yes a charge for disney transportation to the port, no matter where you pick it up. it's about an hour drive each way

Alright...thanks everyone for the info. It's been 10 years since our honeymoon cruise, and I guess I've just spaced some of the details :)

Disney has always charged for their transfers but you may have noticed if by chance you booked DCL air for your last cruise as the transfer price is built into the air price they quote you.

DME (Disney Magical Express) is a free service that runs from MCO to the WDW resort and back for hotel guests.

MJ

since i was booking my wdw hotel separately and wasn't sure where i was staying at the time i made my reservation, they told me you can add the shuttle up until 3 days prior. It's $69 for mco - port and port - mco, but if you want to add the resort it's only $1 more. SO it would be mco - resort, resort - port and then port - mco for $70....hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter