Shutters Photos

dthogue

DIS Veteran
I know that Shutters takes and displays your cruise photos - could anyone share with me the cost of the pcitures? Do they offer packages? What are the costs? We will be on the 4-day Wonder in January!

Thanks,

Tammy:Pinkbounc

I can't remember the exact prices but it wasn't cheap. They did offer discounts on the last night but I had already bought most of my pictures. Oh well next time I'll know better.

Tammy,

I'll also be on the 4-day wonder starting Jan 19. What are your cruise dates?

As for shutters, they do offer packages that have a bit of a discount over buying the photos separately. I imagine you could split a package with someone but I don't know if it would be worth the trouble unless you were traveling with friends/relatives. I think the pictures run about $10 a piece.

Peg

Just returned from the Magic on 6/29 6 X 8 photos are $9.95 and 8X10 photos are $19.95. They do have a package for the 6 X 8 photos and you can purchase it in the beginning of the week and buy up to I think10 photos and it is a $15.00 savings from buying them individually. You can't purchase some photos and then say I want to get the package. You have to purchase the package up front and just pick out 10 6 X 8 photos during your trip. I believe it was $85.00 for the package of 10 pictures. That sounds about right. It does not include the 8 X 10's they take and they make the 8 X 10's for formal pictures all the time.

The prices quoted above are accurate. When we bought the smallest package, we asked if we could upgrade to the next package if we needed to and they said yes. The package is only good for 6x8s, though. Formal 8x10 portraits are separate.

Have fun!
Lisabell

Just to let you know, if you should happen to buy the package, and not use the whole thing, they will refund you the difference. I found that if you didn't have kids, they really didn't take that many picutres unless you looked for the photographers.

Stephanie

We have six kids in our party. Would it be safe to buy the package up front or can I wait until the final day of the cruise, go thru all the photos and then choose the ones I want? I don't want to spend my time gong into shutters everynight looking at photos. I'd rather be clicking away myself. Is there a place that you can store the photos in shutters until you are ready to buy at the end of the cruise?

Thanks,
Nicole

For us the package was definately worth it. We had 11 in our party. You purchase the package and they give you a punch card. For each 6x8 you grab, you get punched. The photographers took gorgeous photos and the colors are beautiful. Those shots I definately didn't get with my cameras.

Kim ºOº

I waited until the last night at Shutters before buying any pictures. I have read that some DISers go to Shutters each day and put all of their pictures in one spot so that they can decide on the last day which pictures are the best. This seems like it would be simple enough to do and save time because the last night Shutters was very crowded!
Ann

on the 4/14 Wonder the Shutters CMs were most accomodating--my sister purchased a package and they allowed her to pick and choose and swap out pictures during the trip. I saved most of our pictures until the last day, grouping them together and then on the last day when I went to make my final selections one of the pictures was missing. The CM took a description of the picture I was looking for and 3 days after we arrived home the pic arrived in the mail. I would recommend if you are buying a package to go ahead and pick the best of those available and then swap the out if the are even better pictures taken later. It's hard to turn them down at all tho!!!

Be careful with grouping the pictures. Don't count on them all staying where you place them. After events, like the 70s night, pictures will be moved to make room for new ones. We had reprints made of a special photo for families in our group. Very accommodating. If you're going to be tempted by the not-so-great-my-eyes-were-shut picture - toss it in the box. We did this in case someone purchased a really terrible picture of us (ok, just me!)

Kim ºOº

I found it very hard to not go visit Shutters and look around each nite!:D I would recommend going at least once a day and grouping pics together rather than waiting for the last day. A CM told me that if pics were not moved for several days, they "might" dispose of them. Plus, there are so many pics, I can't imagine trying to wait and find them all......and shutters was incredibly packed the last evening. I found it easiest to go daily in the afternoon when I was heading somewhere and just gather the pics together and stack them (w/a CM's blessing) on a bottom row.

I also agree that those shots from the pros were absolutely gorgeous! My 2 favs are of my dd (11) on tropical night with a lei on her head like a crown, and ds (3) in the water at CC with a red juice moustache!

As far as swapping out pictures-we were told that if you have lets say a picture of Goofy taken early in the cruise and purchase it and you have another one with Goofy later that you like better than the one you first purchased, they let you switch-Goofy for Goofy-Snow White for Snow White but not Goofy for Snow White-ask around if you want to do this because some of the workers there will tell you you can't do it and they do let you-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter