Shutters packages

MsLeFever

WPASADI II Co-Winner
If I prepurchase a photo package can I make changes when I'm on-board? I was considering the package that has 6x8s and 8x10s but who knows what sizes I'll end up needing!

Thanks for the help!
Barbara

Yes, you can change the package by the end of the cruise if you decide to purchase more or less pictures than it is set for. :)

I originally bought the package but ended up spending less by getting my own vs. the package. We ended up with 2x8x10's ($19.95each) and then 2 6x8's at $9.99 each. So what they did was refund our package and charge us individually. :)

Another point to make (as I did not know this before I cruised) not all pics can be modified into the size you want. For example, all "formal" pics only come in 8x10 sizes and less formal pics come in 6x9 sizes. Unfortunate b/c I do not really like 8x10 sizes but I really liked the picture so I was stuck purchasing them anyway.
The people at Shutters were very helpful and informative.

Someone actually posted the link on DCL a month or so ago where you can purchase the photo packages before the cruise.

The only change you can ask for with the pictures is to remove the border that they put on most of the 6x8 pictures.

I thought I read somewhere on some thread that Shutters was offering to sell ALL the pictures they take for a certain set price. Did I imagine that? Or am I just plain crazy? (okay don't answer that:laughing:)

It appeared to be done just for one cruise as a special. No one else has reported this being offered. :(

It is very easy to go to Shutter's the first night of your cruise and buy your package. No need to pre purchase. You get a business card size card to mark off your purchases based on your package. I carried it my lanyard so anytime I went through shutters and saw a photo, I marked it off.

At anytime during your cruise, you can trade photos or upgrade your package. I have done both very easily.

I believe that DCL is offering these more as a gift option along with the wine package and spa services which are all now listed under cruise gifts to prepay. I think that it is much more practical than just offering the gift baskets, which can cost nearly as much.

We were on the cruise that offered the special, "all your pictures for $169" It was because of Earth Day. It was a one time deal from what the Cast Member told me. It was a great deal, which we and many took advantage of! We walked away with about 60 8x10 and 40 6x8. We'll worth the money! We got some really great formal pictures that we would have spent well above that if we had them done professionally.

That is too bad that they don't offer that all the time. They would still be making quite a bit of money off the package and not throwing all the extra photo's that no one purchases.

Photopass seems a natural progression! Even the one price for all photos in hard copy would be excellent - 169 is the price they want for just a package!

I'm planning on pre-purchasing to spread out the cruise expense!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter