• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shutters Issues???

MickeyFan1971

Earning My Ears
We sailed on the Dream last week. It was my family of 4 and another family of 4. Both families were first time disney cruisers, so it took us a day or so to get the hang of Shutters and giving them our KTTW card. We finally figured out to give them the card from one of our room when all 8 of us were in the pictures. On our final night we went to pick out our prints. We spent a long time going over all of the pics, deciding which shots were the best -as they take multiple shots of one pose. As you can imagine to get a pic of all 8 of us that looked good, all eyes open and no crazy faces, was a real trick!

We have come across a few issues in dealing with this.....

1. There were lost pictures. We know what was taken and in what order, but there are specific shots that are gone. We asked the CM at the counter, she had it researched and we checked back...no luck. Pics are just non existent :(

2. We rode the Aquaduck several times between the 8 of us. The 4 kids rode it constantly for about 2 hours one day. Out of all of those rides, only one pic made it to our shutters account. :(

3. We decided to buy the 10 digital prints for $149 on CD. We picked out the 10 shots ( all from one stateroom) from the prints and took them to the counter informing them we wanted the digitals. They informed us the cd would carry all of the pics and all we had to do was unlock the 10 we wanted. We had just spent an hour going over the pictures, as they take multiple shots of one pose, picking out which ones are best of all 8 people. They then informed us that there is no way to distinguish on the cd which picture is which. So basically, we would have to go through all of the pics again, on the thumbnails, from the cd. Really? How can you check on that if people's eyes are open or closed? If your child has a goofy look on their face? It just doesn't make much sense. And in fact we have now downloaded the cd and the pictures are so small that you can't gets a clear look at them. The cm that we worked with said the pics would be in the same order on the cd as they were there on the ship. We wrote them down in that order, but it didn't work out that way. There are no picture numbers on the cd. :(

We are extremely frustrated with this. $149 is a lot of money to spend on 10 pics and we don't want to "unlock" the wrong pics. Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on this. Surely, we can't be the first ones to think this is a problem. I wish they could do it more like the Photopass in the parks!

We were on the Oct 3rd Dream cruise and for the first time ever while cruising we didn't buy a single print. We couldn't find the pictures from the first night in the dining room. Some of the posed pictures we took never showed up in our binder either. Of the pictures that we did see it seemed like at least one family member was off in each one.

We were on the Sept. 28 Fantasy, bought the CD, and couldn't get the pictures to unlock once we were home. Now, we've had to send the CD in to the company. I'm so nervous that its screwed up, and $399 is a LOT of money. I hope they fix it or make it right.

Shutters is crummy. No where near the front end customer service or back end organization that they have in the parks (at least Disneyland- that's the only park we've been to). The only thing I can suggest that we keep sending feedback to DCL and telling them to change the company they use...

Shutters is crummy. No where near the front end customer service or back end organization that they have in the parks (at least Disneyland- that's the only park we've been to). The only thing I can suggest that we keep sending feedback to DCL and telling them to change the company they use...

I'd rather have Shutters 1000 times over the kids who don't even know where the button to take the picture is and pretend to be photopass photograpers.

The system uses face recognition. It's imperative you take a good picture of the family when you board as this is what's used for detection. But it's not perfect.

If the faces were detected, they will place the prints on the corresponding folios.

If the faces were NOT detected (typically on CC or Aquaduck) then they are printed on the wall or you must find them electronically the day off (specially for Aquaduck). You can then put them on your folio, however if you are looking at getting them on CD, you MUST give it to them so they can add them.

Finally, pictures will be put on the CD for ONE stateroom unless the nuclear family uses two staterooms. If there's more than one family, the pictures will only show under one stateroom only if at least one member is present.

Pictures taken make it to the digital kiosks within a few hours. You should be checking that to make sure everything is ok.

And waiting till the last minute when the majority of other passengers are doing the same is not a good idea.

OP - The pictures on the CD are listed like this:

DDR-120819-Boarding-1027651.jpg

120819 means 2012-August-19. Boarding is the location taken. Others mention the size as well (Decks_6x8 or Staris_8x1) Then last part is the picture number and it is consecutive.

You can browse the CD and look at the small prints and zoom in to get an idea (look for JPG files). Then when you are ready you can unlock them.

If you cannot find a specific one and you do have the print number, call them - they are very helpful and will usually send it to you via email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter