• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shutter's at Old Port Royale or Tusker house for dinner

PackMan

Earning My Ears
Which is better for dinner and why.

it's for me, my wife DS2 DD5 and they're not too picky. I am a little pickier but I can find something on every menu just about.

Are you staying at CBR? Then for a relaxing evening stay at the resort and eat CS. Old Port Royale has nothing really that special on the menu. I definatley NOT make a special trip to CBR to eat at Old Port Royale.

If you are at AK that evening, then I would stay and eat at Tusket House. You'll like the variety!

Have a great time!

I'm staying at CBR and going to AK that morning... or maybe that afternoon I don't know if AK is an all day thing or not

I would personally stay at AK and go to Tusker House for dinner. You will have better food and an overall better experience.

We have stayed at CBR numerous times and tried Shutter's twice. We won't go back. We waited 45 mins for a table when the restaurant was empty and the food wasn't worth it. However, it was the only sit down option at CBR, so that's why we gave it a try.

I would personally stay at AK and go to Tusker House for dinner. You will have better food and an overall better experience.

We have stayed at CBR numerous times and tried Shutter's twice. We won't go back. We waited 45 mins for a table when the restaurant was empty and the food wasn't worth it. However, it was the only sit down option at CBR, so that's why we gave it a try.

Second that...someone would really have to twist my arm to eat at Shutters again. However, I love staying at CBR!

We dined that Shutters once, Dh had fell ill and it was our only option as I could not truck to Epcot on my own with 3 babies. That being said, it was the worst meal we have ever had on property. We will never go back, although we love CBR and will go back there, we will never eat at shutters again. The food at the food court is much better than the restaurant and cheaper. We found shutters to be disorganized even though not very busy, could hardly find our server, had the bill royally messed up and had to have it fixed 2 times and then had to see a manager about it. I would eat at the food court over the restaurant any day.

GO with the Tusker House for supper. You will have a great time.
Side point, AK is not an all day event unless you want it to be, you can easily spend the morning there come back for a swim and a rest and hop the bus back for supper refreshed.

The bad reviews for Shutters aside, is Tusker House your only other choice? I like the food there, but depending on the park closing time, your dinner ADR might be a tad early. If the park closes at 5:00 and you won't want to eat before that, you could consider going over to eat at one of the AKL restaurants. I would actually rank all 3 of them over TH. JMHO:)

Like a bum sneezed on it. :rotfl2::scared1::sick:

Wow! That was a REALLY bad review.

I mean, the review was good, but it was BAD.

Well, you know what I mean.

Those guys are a riot, and right on unfortunately.... No lie, when Shutters first opened up years ago I considered there smoked prime rib the best on property, and the ceasar salad was amazing.... When they pulled the most popular item from the menu it went down hill quick.... :confused3

I can't stop laughing..That review was the absolute funniest I have heard about Shutters and sounds like my meal there..."Corn donuts and Yankee candle ribs"
"Stand in the parking lot and light your $90 on fire"...ROFL

Finally was able to listen to the entire podcast review of Shutters!! Wow!! Halarious and pretty much exactly our experience! I laughed so hard, having been in there shoes I completely agree with taking your 90 dollars and lighting it on fire in the parking lot, lol!!

Its a good listen if you have time, I only wish I could have seen the pics they spoke about!

Your kids may enjoy rainforest cafe.

At AK, we always do brunch at Donald Safari. We go on an AM EMH day and even with brunch, we are done with the park by 2pm.

We would schedule dinner DTD or a resort

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter