Shutters alert - cheapest pkg available onboard

:santa:Ok, I really want some nice pictures from the cruise and am leaning towards the CD purchase.:confused: About how many pictures are on the CD?? I will be on the 4 night Christmas Dream Cruise and really want to treat myself to family pictures, but I don't want to waste my money if I would be better off just buying indivudual pictures.:confused3 I am super tight with my finances.... But pictures are priceless!!! Do they really turn out nice on the CD and then you can just print then off where you want???

I am down to the final crunch time and woke up at 4am stressing..... over everything...... AHHHHH:scared1:

Thanks!!!:worship:

Another few questions...

If we buy the 10 credit package, can we upgrade on the ship?

Can you pre-purchase the 10 credit package with ship board credit? The order form only indicates a credit card number.

I just got off the Magic and decided to just pony up and buy the picture cd. I brought my own cameras, but the Disney pics just look better. It's really hard to pick just a few so I got them all.

:santa:Ok, I really want some nice pictures from the cruise and am leaning towards the CD purchase.:confused: About how many pictures are on the CD?? I will be on the 4 night Christmas Dream Cruise and really want to treat myself to family pictures, but I don't want to waste my money if I would be better off just buying indivudual pictures.:confused3 I am super tight with my finances.... But pictures are priceless!!! Do they really turn out nice on the CD and then you can just print then off where you want???

I am down to the final crunch time and woke up at 4am stressing..... over everything...... AHHHHH:scared1:

Thanks!!!:worship:

As many pics as the Shutters photogs take--no limit. If they don't fit on one CD, you'll get another gratis. The CD includes a release that allows you to do pretty much whatever you want with them. The only caveat I would warn you about is that the pics on the CDs do not include borders, whereas the hardcopies offered will. We bought both the CD and quite a few prints to cover all the bases. DW is quite the picture nerd.

I don't understand why they don't include DCL with the Photopass system. On our past 2 cruises with different lines, I remember the photo prices being expensive but not necessarily ridiculous. We walked away with several prints, if I remember right. We'll be on our first DCL cruise in January and I know we'll want some prints.

Is it "cheaper" to pre-order the $89 package, which equals to about 5 8x10 prints or is there no price difference if we just end up purchasing 5 prints on board a la carte? :confused3

Is it "cheaper" to pre-order the $89 package, which equals to about 5 8x10 prints or is there no price difference if we just end up purchasing 5 prints on board a la carte? :confused3

If memory serves, individual 8x10s are $19.95, and 6x8s $9.95.

If memory serves, individual 8x10s are $19.95, and 6x8s $9.95.

Yes, that was the price this past week. So you only save $10 by pre-ordering the package. I was just surprised to find out that it was no longer even offered on-board, and if my MIL had been with me (as originally planned), we would have been disappointed not to have been able to split that cheapest package like we did last time.

I don't understand why they don't include DCL with the Photopass system. On our past 2 cruises with different lines, I remember the photo prices being expensive but not necessarily ridiculous. We walked away with several prints, if I remember right. We'll be on our first DCL cruise in January and I know we'll want some prints.

It's been awhile since I have cruised another line, but I remember them being outrageous then too. 5 8x10's will run you about $100.

Oh my, well ... here's hoping the photographers are just as talented with my own camera as they are with their own. ;) I'll have to talk with the family to see what they think would be the best plan financially.

One other note, is if you do buy the CD, you get 50% off any prints. We bought the CD and got a few prints so we could have borders on our favorite ones.

One other note, is if you do buy the CD, you get 50% off any prints. We bought the CD and got a few prints so we could have borders on our favorite ones.

Yes, I forgot to mention that. Made the cost a little less painful for us. :thumbsup2

Oh my, well ... here's hoping the photographers are just as talented with my own camera as they are with their own. ;) I'll have to talk with the family to see what they think would be the best plan financially.

The professional photographers will not use your camera to take pictures. In most cases there is a DCL CM at the location assisting the photographer. The CM is the person who will use your camera to take your picture at the same time the photographer is taking it.

Rarely, there is no CM at the photo location, but it does happen.

:cutie:

As many pics as the Shutters photogs take--no limit. If they don't fit on one CD, you'll get another gratis. The CD includes a release that allows you to do pretty much whatever you want with them. The only caveat I would warn you about is that the pics on the CDs do not include borders, whereas the hardcopies offered will. We bought both the CD and quite a few prints to cover all the bases. DW is quite the picture nerd.

I discovered that Snapfish now has Disney borders available on their site to upload to your prints when I was uploading pictures last night. This might be an option. Personally, I don't always like the borders because they cut out so much. You can request pictures without the border onboard. :)

I don't understand why they don't include DCL with the Photopass system.

It is because the photography shop is not run by Disney. They contract it to an outside company, so the pictures cannot be combined with those at WDW since they are on two completely seperate systems.

I was considering purchasing the $199 CD package (we always take LOTS of photos).
But the only package I see currently on the site is the following.
Am I missing something?

A Photo of a Young Disney Cruise Line Guest Standing with Captain Jack Sparrow
Photo Premium Pkg: 30 Photo Credits

$199

Use photo credits in any combination, each 6 x 8 photo = 1 credit, and each 8 x 10 photo = 2 credits. Receive a gift message card in your stateroom to redeem at Shutters. (A $1 service fee will be charged)

I was considering purchasing the $199 CD package (we always take LOTS of photos).
But the only package I see currently on the site is the following.
Am I missing something?

A Photo of a Young Disney Cruise Line Guest Standing with Captain Jack Sparrow
Photo Premium Pkg: 30 Photo Credits

$199

Use photo credits in any combination, each 6 x 8 photo = 1 credit, and each 8 x 10 photo = 2 credits. Receive a gift message card in your stateroom to redeem at Shutters. (A $1 service fee will be charged)

For my cruise in June, you could prepurchase only the 10- and 30-credit packages. Once on board, you could only purchase 20- and 40-credit packages. I don't recall if the CD was offered pre-cruise or not--I don't think so--or if it was, there was no advantage to buying it early.

Thje CD is not offered online to prepurchase, but you can convert the credit from a prepurchase over towards the CD.

Thje CD is not offered online to prepurchase, but you can convert the credit from a prepurchase over towards the CD.

So on board you can get the CD with all the pics for $199?
Does it come with anything else (prints to take home for example?)

So on board you can get the CD with all the pics for $199?
Does it come with anything else (prints to take home for example?)

The cost depends on the ship and length of the cruise. You get all the pictures on the CD (double check to be sure they are all on it, they will add any of the ones that didn't). You then get 50% off any prints you want to buy onboard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter