• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shula's Steak House. Is it worth it?

Thumper_Man

DDC 684
We are thinking of eating at Shula's Steak House on our next trip; on the day we arrive. Our flight won't get in until late evening. We won't have time to go to a park this night, so we're looking for a nice place to eat. DSis and I are Miami Dolphins fans. We thought it would be great to check this out and dine here. Anyone that's dined here, is it worth the money? How was the food? Would love to get my fellow Dis'ers opinion on this place.

HellYeah! My wife and I loved the food. We both had the filet and it was cooked perfectly and melt in your mouth good. I had Lobster bisque which had huge flavor and my sister in law had the chicken, which I tried, Crazy good! The atmosphere rocked if you like the Dolphins. Don Shula's son (David?) was working in the restaurant that night. It is worth dinning there just for the football menus. It is an upscale restaurant with alot of football pics on the walls......Very cool. Make sure you take a picture of the football menu....I forgot. A MUST DO FOR MIAMI DOLPHIN FANS!

I dont even like football & I reccomend Shula's to everyone I know. I would say it is the best steak I have ever had anywhere.

Shula's is an excellant steak house. If you like steak house menus and you don't mind the expense, then Shulas is a great choice. However, if your flight doesn't get in until late evening I'm not sure you will have time to make dinner anywhere?

Shula's Steak House. Is it worth it?

YES !

Our Ratings of Shula's Steakhouse:
. . . food price value: A-
. . . food quality: A
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: A
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: B+
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: A
. . . staff helpfulness: B
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTES:
Shula's is at the Dolphin Resort, thus just a little inconvenient unless coming from DHS or Epcot. The restaurant is not owned by Disney. Shula's is a chain and this eatery does not disappoint.
Beware, it is pricey.

another HELL YES from me.

my son loved it so much that he wants to for go his graduation party and fly to shula's for dinner instead. yes, it's that good.

I wouldn't haul myself all the way to the Dolphin to eat at Shula's.

I also probably wouldn't bother because there are Shula's in other cities. I'd go to a Disney-specific restaurant instead. Same with Planet Hollywood.

But if you don't normally go on vacation to places besides Disney where you can find a Shula's, then I would check it out.

Thanks everyone. :worship: You've all confirmed my suspicions about this place. This is the closest Shula's we'll probably get to. DW and I own a timeshare offsite and have arranged for a late check-in. We just might go here straight from the airport. I checked their website :surfweb: and they're open until 11 pm for dinner. So we should have time to make it. If not, then I'll have to rearrange our dining options to go there while we're on vacation. We'll definitely be checking it out.

drumms: thanks for the tip . I'll have to remember to also take a picture of the football menu.

HellYeah! My wife and I loved the food. We both had the filet and it was cooked perfectly and melt in your mouth good. I had Lobster bisque which had huge flavor and my sister in law had the chicken, which I tried, Crazy good! The atmosphere rocked if you like the Dolphins. Don Shula's son (David?) was working in the restaurant that night. It is worth dinning there just for the football menus. It is an upscale restaurant with alot of football pics on the walls......Very cool. Make sure you take a picture of the football menu....I forgot. A MUST DO FOR MIAMI DOLPHIN FANS!

LOL.....My DH won't step foot in this restaurant for that very reason! I try every time we stay at the Dolphin and I get an empathic NOOOOOOO each and every time. Maybe I will go without him!

Oh, I LOVE Shula's. Had the absolute best meal there in January: French Onion soup, Filet mignon, Baked Potato. It was SO delicious that DH and I just planned a Sept trip to The Dolphin and we're going there again!

We've been back a few days now, and I want to Thank all of you for confirming this pick for us. :worship: I gotta say, I had the best steak ever here. Everyone really enjoyed the food and the atmoshpere. We don't have a Shula's nearby, so this was a real treat for us. We learned the closest one to us is in Phoenix. Might have to take a weekend trip out there and try that one. We'll definitely go back to the one in Orlando, if we ever get a a chance to go out that way again.

Thanks again.

Make sure you take a picture of the football menu....I forgot. A MUST DO FOR MIAMI DOLPHIN FANS!

I remembered your advice on this one and took some. Even got some pictures of all the footballs in the cases from their perfect season. DW even bought me one of the autographed hats with Don's signature on it.

It's even better if you use a restaurant.com certificate or have a Tables in Wonderland dining card (available to purchase if you're a FL resident or an annual passholder).

Well, you already ate, so I guess this is too late, but we would say NO, it's not worth it. We spent about $300 for four of us, and didn't feel like it was that great for the expense. I mean it was good, but it was sort of like Outback Steakhouse good, not $300 good, for what we got. Next time we are trying Yachtsmen or some other place. We all agreed, it's not worth going back for the price.

Wow DisTeach what did you order? Perhaps certain cuts/temps are better elsewhere. Their prime rib is the best I have ever had. A restaurant near home used to hold that honor but they aren't even playing in the same league as Shulas. We have always found Shulas steaks comparable only to what we could get at an even more expensive steakhouse up here. Our previous meals at the Yachtsman were even more expensive and with the exception of the Wagyu we had a few years ago, the meal was nowhere near as good as Shulas.

Well, you already ate, so I guess this is too late, but we would say NO, it's not worth it. We spent about $300 for four of us, and didn't feel like it was that great for the expense. I mean it was good, but it was sort of like Outback Steakhouse good, not $300 good, for what we got. Next time we are trying Yachtsmen or some other place. We all agreed, it's not worth going back for the price.

Outback? Really? I have never seen such a negative review of Shula's. Le Cellier maybe, but Shula's?

We also just came back and ate at Shula's and thought it was fantactic. DH had the porterhouse and he loved it. I had steak Mary Ann which is two 5 ounce filets. They were wonderful. They had some type of sauce on them, but I got it on the side. I liked the sauce but am happy I got it on the side. tThe flavor of the steak was great and did not need the sauce. We had double stuffed baked potatoes and they were wonderful and the best drinks. We will be back there in February or in June when the kids are with us. Kids are older adults.

Ican't imagine Shula's being compared to Outback. We eat at Outback around here a lot and while their steak is good, it isn't even in the same league as Shula's.
And now Thumper-man knows!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter