• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shrink Rap--Who's Wasting Away in Hollywood?

Blondie

~*~*~*~<br><font color=blue>This TF always enjoys
By Kat Giantis of MSN

While paging through your favorite celebrity magazine, do you suddenly and uncontrollably crave salty snacks? You're not alone. Just looking at the diminishing bodies of some of our favorite starlets sends us running for the Funyons. The gaunt look remains stubbornly popular in Hollywood, where carb avoidance could be an Olympic sport. But since when does "sexy" mean jutting clavicles, noggins better suited to bobbing on a dashboard and arms so twig-like birds could build nests out of them? We're not expecting the return of the Marilyn Monroe hourglass, but lollipop is not a shape to aspire to. Sadly, there are plenty of undernourished actresses who fit this category (though we're not about to kick Mary-Kate Olsen and Jennifer Aniston when they're down), but here's the skinny on five fat-free-framed stars who embody the trend and are close to slipping into dangerously thin territory. Consider this a public service to encourage healthy, between-meal snacking ...

Lindsay_273x400.jpg

Lindsay Lohan (seen in April 2005 and April 2004):

"People lose weight when they grow up," an exasperated Lindsay Lohan explained in the April issue of W in response to whispers about her rapid weight loss. "They lose their baby fat." If true, the sylph-like "Mean Girls" starlet sure has matured an awful lot in the last few months, because she's a mere shadow of her once-shapelier self. Just a year ago, Lohan glowed with health, showing off a fit, if overdeveloped, figure that many admired (and ogled). Now, all the light seems to have gone out of her face, and not just because she's eased up on her Mystic Tan sessions and dyed her trademark auburn locks blond. With her ever-scrawnier bod and world-weary expression, poor Linds appears far older than her 18 years, although at least her lips seem to be plumping up nicely.

Nicole_273x400.jpg

Nicole Richie (seen in April 2005 and June 2004):

While transforming from trashy to classy, Nicole Richie shed all the excess pounds she says she put on in rehab -- and then some. The onetime BFF of Paris Hilton now tips the scales at a mere 97 pounds, a change seen most dramatically in her protruding collarbones and itty-bitty arms. "I know a lot of people think I did something drastic to lose it overnight, but it's taken two years for me to get rid of those 10 pounds," insists Nicole, who credits working out with ridding her of her curves. "I'm 5 feet 1 inch, so even losing 5 pounds on my frame looks like a lot." If by "a lot," she means "an unhealthy heap," then yes, she's lost a lot. Here's hoping the pocket-size "Simple Life" starlet enjoys plenty of frosting-covered wedding cake when she eventually ties the knot with fiancé Adam "DJ AM" Goldstein.

Renee_273x400.jpg

Renée Zellweger (seen in March 2005 and April 2004):

Renée Zellweger has a supposedly logical explanation for her super-scrawny physique. "I know that certain photographers actually slim me down further as they can sell the pictures for a huger rate," the Oscar winner said in April. "What can I do about that? Hardly complain." While we can't speak to Renée's photo-manipulation paranoia, there's no denying she's gone from svelte to skin-and-bones in recent months. Her seeming obsession with living calorie-free is almost understandable, given the intense scrutiny she was under as she gained and lost major poundage while making both "Bridget Jones" films. But when will Renée realize that she's most gorgeous when she's va-va-va-voomy, not cadaverous? And hey, if we have to suffer through another "Bridget" sequel to see the actress regain her healthier form, then bring on Mark Darcy and the smug "marrieds" pronto.

Kate_273x400.jpg

Kate Bosworth (seen in March 2005 and in 2002):

Hard to believe the frail woman at left is the same one sporting the powerful frame on the right. Kate Bosworth attracted many admirers when she packed on muscle to play a surfer in "Blue Crush," but her once-toned and defined bod could now be knocked over at low tide. Dubbed the "Incredible Shrinking Woman" by the New York Daily News, the atrophied actress and former squeeze of Orlando Bloom is currently channeling intrepid Daily Planet reporter Lois Lane in the big-budget "Superman Returns." Perhaps she'll delve deep into character and conduct an in-depth investigation of her eating habits, 'cause when your sternum sticks out as far as your cleavage, something ain't right.

Jessica_273x400.jpg

Jessica Simpson (seen in May 2005 and September 2004):

Jessica Simpson hasn't yet reached the disconcerting bobble-head proportions of Lindsay and Nicole, and we strongly urge her to keep it that way. The blond bombshell whipped herself into shape thanks to four-times-a-week workouts with a personal trainer to slip into those Daisy Dukes for "The Dukes of Hazzard," but recent pictures have us worried that she's continuing to downsize her already ultra-slimline figure. With all those rumors flying around about the state of her union to Nick Lachey, Jess needs to keep her strength up. Our advice? Indulge in plenty of Chicken-of-the-Sea with the occasional buffalo wing chaser.

They all looked much better in their "before" photos. They look anorexic now.

thats whats wrong the media influencing girl's self-images. i hate that.

I know there are several posters here that are naturally thin, and I hope they don't feel offended by this thread. :)

When you are in the public eye as these women are, if you lose even the slightest bit of weight, someone will make a big deal out of it.

And if you gain just the slightest bit of weight, someone will make a big deal out of that too. :confused3

It's the nature of the business.

Personally, I'm much more concerned with the outrageous obesity epidemic in this country than I am with which stars may have lost a few pounds too many.

I'm naturally thin, but not THAT thin. And it's quite obvious that these women are getting that thin on purpose, which is pretty unhealthy. Naturally very thin is one thing, but to think you need to show every rib in order to look good - no, bad idea.

Blondie said:
By Kat Giantis of MSN
Lindsay_273x400.jpg

. . .Just a year ago, Lohan glowed with health, showing off a fit, if overdeveloped, figure that many admired (and ogled).

What does that mean? Isn't the writer of this article kind of just perpetuating the problem by making a comment like that?

And I agree - they all looked better in the before pictures. But it's hard to tell with Kate Bosworth since the 2 shots are so different. I have no idea who she even is, though :confused3.

I noticed Kate Bosworth over a year ago. I think the shape of her face makes her look worse.

I don't think Jessica Simpson looks THAT bad. Her breasts look smaller in the "skinny" picture.

I think that Jessica Simpson looks fine and Renee Zellweger is just back to her normal weight. The others do look kind of pathetic though.

At first, I thought Lindsay Lohen looked good and a healthy weight and the girl next to her looked horribly thin and sickly. Then, I realized the pic on the left was HER after pic and the one I thought looked good was her a year ago!!!

These are sad.

Krista, I also noticed that "overdeveloped" comment as well, I don't know if she was referring to her "upper half" if you know what I mean....or what!

I think LL was beautiful as a red head, I wonder why she became a blonde?

They're all beautiful girls, before and after, and to be honest, if any one of them were the daughter of a DISer - before OR after - we'd all be posting about how beautiful she looks. I will not trash other women - rule of thumb - you don't see guys on the internet commenting about how ugly the other dudes are.

Caradana said:
They're all beautiful girls, before and after, and to be honest, if any one of them were the daughter of a DISer - before OR after - we'd all be posting about how beautiful she looks. I will not trash other women - rule of thumb - you don't see guys on the internet commenting about how ugly the other dudes are.

James Carville is an ugly dude.

OK, ya, but Mary Matalin digs him. :)
I love their political ideologies. The two of them crack me up.

assign08b.jpg

Blondie said:
Krista, I also noticed that "overdeveloped" comment as well, I don't know if she was referring to her "upper half" if you know what I mean....or what!

I think LL was beautiful as a red head, I wonder why she became a blonde?

She did it for a film role to look more like the daughter of the actress playing the mother. She didn't want to dye her hair. So by that--I'm assuming that once filming wraps, she will go back to red.

Lindsay Lohan looks positively skeletal!! She's such a pretty girl - and bring back the red hair!

We all know that Renee Z gains and loses weight for her roles - not sure it's real good for her body (yet, how many yo-yo dieters do we all know?)

Nicole Ritchie looks better. Jessica looks fine in both pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter