• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

shringrix

I got both of mine the end of 2020. The first one has me in bed for the weekend. I just felt really blah. The second one no problem.

Has anyone had this vaccine? I have an appt to get it tomorrow but am considering canceling it. Yikes! the side effects look worse than the covid shot. I am getting nervous.

It's the second shot--not the first--that gave her a bad reaction
That's what I experienced, also. First shot - no problem. Second shot - large, hot, red welt on arm and, much like a tetanus shot, couldn't raise my arm for a couple of days.

I had the original Zostavax vaccine when it first came out. No issue at all with it.

I would risk the shot. People I know that have had shingles compared the pain to a heart attack.

I actually had a mild case a few years ago. It was a fairly small rash, in a fairly easy spot, and I got on an antiviral right away. It was definitely inconvenient, but I know I was lucky. A friend's DH had it really bad, missed a lot of work, etc. I've also heard it's dangerous if it's near your eyes.

I just had the first dose on Friday was in bed all weekend with a 102 fever, very tired and not feeling well at all. Hopefully the second dose won't be as bad. On the plus side did not have a sore arm.

I got my Shingrix vaccines in 2018. I had a reaction with my first one - low grade fever and flu like symptoms, but it only lasted a day. No reaction with the second one.

Had the old shingles shot years ago, then had both Shingrix shots. Other than a slightly sore arm for a couple of days I don’t recall any other symptoms of either shot. Shingles lasts for weeks, I’d much rather have flu symptoms for a day or two than get them.

Has anyone had this vaccine? I have an appt to get it tomorrow but am considering canceling it. Yikes! the side effects look worse than the covid shot. I am getting nervous.
I had the series last year as well as doses of three different Covid vaccines, I reacted to several of them but the Shingrex was by far the worst.
oh boy. How bad? worse than just flu like symptoms?
Bad enough that after three days I reported myself for symptomatic Covid testing. I felt so awful I was sure I must have it, even though they warn you about that very thing when you get the shot. :o
I keep telling myself the shot is better than the disease. I am so scared though.
I counted the days until I was old enough to be eligible for Shingrex. I have a major dread of ever getting shingles I’d suffer through the vaccine again tomorrow for the protection it offers.

2-6 is for most effective vaccine response I think. I thought you could get other vaccines with shingrix, but I'm not sure. I think you can get other vaccines in between the 2-6 months. I'll have to ask my dr. because I am due for my covid booster in July.
Between my two doses I had a 2nd shot of Covid vaccine and a tetanus shot. The providers knew my status and apparently there was nothing to contraindicated it.

Get it!

I got a "mild" case of shingles (official diagnosis) after having had Zostavax. It was excruciating. I had to sleep in my recliner for a week because I couldn't roll onto my side without waking up in pain.

After that, no way I want a mild case of covid.

I had a sore arm after each shot but not a big deal. Sure better than "mild" shingles!

The younger you are, the higher the side effects, so for me, yes, it was world's worse than Covid's vaxes.

That said, I'm happy I have it done b/c my sis had Shingles in her eye...and just imagining that, I can say my pain and side effects were nowhere close...

I had the original Zostavax maybe 10-15 years ago. Then the double Shingrix maybe 3 years ago. Just an achy arm for a coupe days each time.

I got my shots after a friend got shingles and told me about the pain. I had flu like symptom after the first shot (I remember getting chills in the middle of the night and had to look for extra blankets) so I was prepared for the 2nd shot to be same or worse. Luckily, no reaction at all to the 2nd shot, just sore arm for the day.

I think the reaction varies by person. Some relatives have gotten both shots and had very little reaction. You are supposed to get the 2 shots 2-6 months apart.

I had the original shingles shot with no reaction. Several years after that I did the Shingrex shots. The first shot left me with tremendous pain in my arm for days and days and I didn’t feel well that whole time. The second shot I had mild pain in my arm for a day or two but otherwise felt fine. I truly do think it affects people differently. My mom had it at age 90 and zero reaction to both shots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter