• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shrek for 3 yr. old?

Jenny

DIS Veteran
i've read that the seat moves - how rough or jerky are the movements? should i opt for seats that don't move or can i put her in her own seat then put her in my lap if she feels insecure? For our Disney trip this past jan, she sat in her own seat for Honey & Muppets but felt more secure on my lap for ITTBB. Also, we'll have our 10 month old w/ us - i assume that she can ride on our laps.
any recommendations?

It bounces, drops and leans back. Nothing rough really. entire movement is only a couple of inches I would say.

to quote one of the dungeon masters...it's "like a jerky carriage ride".
there are also stationary seats available

This ride scared the be-jeebers out of my 5 year old nephew--and he is a huge Shrek fan!

Hey...

It really depends on the child. I've seen some little tiny babies sleep through the entire thing. I've also seen ... well heard...kids screaming their heads off. It's LOUD more than scary, but some children don't like the loud sounds. Both theatres have stationary seating.

And yes, small children can lap sit!

On our last trip we had a REALLY stupid couple sit in front of us. They had what looked like a 6-7 month old baby with them. When the show started the dad held the baby up and the mom held up the glasses to the baby's face-that is until the seat jerked them back and started galloping! Then they had to hang on to the baby for dear life! The mom finally took the glasses away from the baby's face when the earpiece got stuck down the kids throat. And the best part is they had the nerve to complain to each other on the way out how jerky the ride was for their baby! :rotfl:

My three year old loved it! She stayed in her own seat and didn't think it was too scary. I had the baby with me in the baby bjorn the whole time. It was a lot of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter