shows or attractions that should close

madelinesmum

DIS Veteran
Ok, let me start off by saying that I am the biggest Disney fan ever, so don't get too upset with me for starting this thread. I just thought we get a list going of attractions/shows that should be done away with and replaced with something better. Let's do our top 5!
1) Sounds Dangerous @ MGM
2) Stitch's Great Escape
3) The Land boat ride (how they grow veggies)
4) They need to revamp the Luau
5)Train ride at AK that goes to see the birds, how awful!

I could do without the Honey I shrank the Audience ride at Epcot. I could also do with a change to the entrance and exit of Space mountain.

madelinesmum said:
Ok, let me start off by saying that I am the biggest Disney fan ever, so don't get too upset with me for starting this thread. I just thought we get a list going of attractions/shows that should be done away with and replaced with something better. Let's do our top 5!
1) Sounds Dangerous @ MGM
2) Stitch's Great Escape
3) The Land boat ride (how they grow veggies)
4) They need to revamp the Luau
5)Train ride at AK that goes to see the birds, how awful!

I agree with Sounds Dangerous and Stitch's Great Escape (though I miss Alien Encounter). I haven't been on the train at DAK and don't know which Luau you're talking about, but my family loves Living with the Land. This (along with Spaceship Earth) is my mom's favorite ride and we never miss it.

There are a decent handful of attractions that I don't like, but know they appeal to some (like the Country Bear Jamboree), so I don't think they need to be done away with completely.

I think Sounds Dangerous and Stitch's Great Escape aren't very popular at all and those spaces could be utiliized for something greater.

I think updating the existing attractions would be a great thing for Disney to do now. Especially some of the human animatronics. Ellen DeGeneres at Epcot's Universe of Energy and Sigourney Weaver (in Alien) at Disney-MGM Studios' Great Move Ride barely resemble the people they're supposed to be. I'm sure advances in human looking animatronics have been made since they were created...have I wandered too far off topic? :surfweb:

I agree definately with Sounds Dangerous! I actually fell asleep! Stitch I think is cute, but they should have given him a brand new type of attraction and left Alien Encounter which was awesome! But what's done is done and he needs to be updated, there needs to be more to it I think. I personally am not a huge fan of Aladdin's magic carpets. go spin in the air at Dumbo or astro-orbiter and give that space to something else (though it's not much really).

As for other things at MGM, they really need to update or replace the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Don't get me wrong, I love this show but I was dissapointed with it last time. Our Ariel wasn't the best singer and she wasn't great at flipping her tail, you could tell she had two legs underneath (the little girl next to me leaned over to her mom as said "mom, I see her legs, she's not ariel...") and she was maybe 7 or 8. I was hoping that it would get revamped with the re-release of the film.

It goes without saying that Epcot could have a lot of work done, but I realize they are in the process. The country films need to be updated, and there are empty pavillions! But it is still a fantastic park.

I have to say I am still least impressed with AK. I think it needs more attractions. Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful park and what they do have is pretty great (Hi, expedition everest is amazing!!!), it just doesn't have as much as the others is all.

But Disney is great and they know how to adapt! They continue to amaze us(i.e., Wishes), and scare us (haunted mansion). Delight Us (I finally got my picture with Daisy!!), and thrill us (expedition everest). And hence, I believe they'll update when they feel it is right!

I disagree about the Land, its one of the few attractions left at Epcot that are true to the original idea, its educational and futuristic

sunny_stace said:
I agree definately with Sounds Dangerous! I actually fell asleep! Stitch I think is cute, but they should have given him a brand new type of attraction and left Alien Encounter which was awesome! But what's done is done and he needs to be updated, there needs to be more to it I think. I personally am not a huge fan of Aladdin's magic carpets. go spin in the air at Dumbo or astro-orbiter and give that space to something else (though it's not much really).

As for other things at MGM, they really need to update or replace the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Don't get me wrong, I love this show but I was dissapointed with it last time. Our Ariel wasn't the best singer and she wasn't great at flipping her tail, you could tell she had two legs underneath (the little girl next to me leaned over to her mom as said "mom, I see her legs, she's not ariel...") and she was maybe 7 or 8. I was hoping that it would get revamped with the re-release of the film.

don't you be touching my show.

you have no idea what kind of pain that crab goes through to do that show for you.

MickeyMaz said:
I could do without the Honey I shrank the Audience ride at Epcot. I could also do with a change to the entrance and exit of Space mountain.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't like Honey I shrunk the audience. I saw this when I went to DL in 03 (First time I was ever in a Disney park) and have had no desire to see it again. Everyone I talk to keeps going on about how good it was and it always seems to rate high in all the guides but it is definatly one I would not miss if it left.

Here are mine, not in any order.

Stitch's Great Escape
Honey I Shrunk the Audience
The New Tiki Birds (bring back the original PLEEEEEZ)
Sounds Dangerous
Journey Into Your Imagination

PamNC

Drew Carey is good for a nap and air conditioned break.
We saw it in August I didn't even bother with the headphones.

I have seen before.

I honestly can't think of anything that I'd like to see replaced at Disney. There are some things I enjoy more than others & some that I think could use some updating, but there's always someone that enjoys something for their own reasons.

I actually enjoy Sounds Dangerous. :blush: I think it's kind of creative.

I do think that Spaceship Earth could use an update because technology has come so far since they first made it - the end should be updated.

I also love Living with the Land. In fact, it is one of my DD17's favorite attractions - who would think a 17 yr. old would enjoy this? :rolleyes:

Jackatkc said:
It's a small world. Way too long.

WHAT??????????? :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

Don't do away with that one! It's every small child's favorite. :goodvibes

I would like to see Stitch gone too. I think changing space mountain around pre-ride would be nice. I think it would be really great if they made the inside of Spaceship Earth all about space (stars, planets and things like that.) It's so dark in there anyway. I love the ending!

I think threads like this are mean. Just because I don't like something doesn't mean someone else won't. I don't believe any attraction in Disney doesn't have at least some fans.

Sounds Dangerous and Stitch seem to always consistently come up in these types of threads. Star Tours could definately use at least a new film, although I'd love to see an entirely new Star Wars themed ride

We were very dissappointed with Stitch, it is bad and needs to go.

The new Narnia attraction at MGM was bad also. Very boring.

I don't think anything should be replaced, but I do see some that could use a little updating.

1. Muppets and HISTA--With all of the new technology for the 4D films, I would love to see these updated. They could leave the storyline as is, just update the effects. :3dglasses

2. Speedway--This is a classic attraction, but I think more could be done with it. I know there was a rumor about incorporating Cars into it. I know, not another Pixar film, but I do see benefit in this case. I think little ones would love an interactive car. Heck, I would enjoy it! :teeth: :drive:

3. COP--I love this attraction, but I would like to see some new scenes since they stop in the 80's. I don't know if it would be possible because of the way the theater is set up. I don't want any of the current scenes taken out. As usual, I just want more! :teeth: :teeth:

I'm usually pretty happy with the changes/additions that are made, except for :stitch:

Rachel :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Sounds Dangerous definitely needs to go!!! I don't even see the point of this besides a cool, dark place to take a nap! Why don't they put something in it like the Monsters, inc. ride in Disneyland that they opened not too long ago?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter