Shows on the Fantasy

ToyStory3

DIS Veteran
Hi - my family isn't very big on going to see the shows. We are the same at WDW - it's just not our favorite thing to do. So, we like to just pick out the top couple shows for the week since we will probably only go to see about 2. On the Magic we saw Tangled (which was excellent) and the one with the little girl who is dreaming (that's literally all I have....I can't remember the name lol). It was good but we LOVED Tangled. We don't care at all for magic shows, etc.

Which 2 or 3 shows would you recommend on the Fantasy? Thanks!

I definitely loved Aladdin! The Genie is totally worth it--even though I've seen that show more than once, the Genie keeps his jokes updated and different. Other than that show, I could really take or leave the other shows (primarily because I've seen them all before). We do tend to like the guest headliners (e.g. magicians, ventriloquists) but that's just us.

I thought Wishes was ok--I liked the different character/variety acts they had. You can always check out the shows on YouTube, I think I've seen some clips listed there, if you want a "preview."

We've only ever sailed on Fantasy so we're dying for some new shows and are quite excited to sail on the Magic in September just to see something different.

I definitely loved Aladdin! The Genie is totally worth it--even though I've seen that show more than once, the Genie keeps his jokes updated and different. Other than that show, I could really take or leave the other shows (primarily because I've seen them all before). We do tend to like the guest headliners (e.g. magicians, ventriloquists) but that's just us.

I thought Wishes was ok--I liked the different character/variety acts they had. You can always check out the shows on YouTube, I think I've seen some clips listed there, if you want a "preview."

We've only ever sailed on Fantasy so we're dying for some new shows and are quite excited to sail on the Magic in September just to see something different.

Don't miss Tangled! Like I said - we don't get very excited about shows. But, I loved it!!!

That's one of the shows I'm very excited to see!! There is one Tangled number in the Wishes show (they sing, "I have a dream") and it's awesome! I can only imagine what an entire show is like! Tangled is one of my favorite Disney movies so I definitely am making sure we have good seats for this show:yay:

I'm once again the weird child. I totally skipped Aladdin. Not a fan of the movie, not a fan of the show in DL, definitely not a fan of the Broadway production.

Either of the other two main production shows are amazing IMHO. But any kind of magician or variety act or "comedian" I avoid like the plague.

If you like the Genie, you will likely like Aladdin. It is a retelling of the movie for the most part. We found the other shows on the Fantasy did not fit our family profile, young kind age 3 and adults, who aren't really about the coming of age teen angst angle and the father who can't make time for his daughter. Now Wishes and Believe are both movie song montages, that feature Tangled, Marry Poppins, Lion King, etc. The set pieces are still really good but the story lines just are a miss for us, so we spend our time doing other things on those nights, especially since we have already seen them.

This! What I find interesting is that we took my dad (mom had already seen he shows before) and I was positive he was going to be a grouch about the shows, especially since, let's be honest, the welcome show is horribly cheesy and hackneyed--but can see how it's geared for the 6 and under crowd. I fully expected him to say "no more shows." Nope! He was getting crabby about missing the shows or being late/getting a bad seat! This is a man who we have left behind every time we have taken a "family" trip to WDW/DLR because when I was in college, he totally ruined our trip to WDW. But here he was, 60-some-year-old man finding his inner Disney! And the fact that DCL does such a great job a their show production. :-)

you will be missing some great shows. All shows are good on fantasy. Believe starts out really boring but gets great.

Although I enjoyed the performances of Disney music, I disliked Believe because of the sappy story and anything that the father or daughter sang. For the same reason (sappy story line) we skipped Wishes both times. I enjoyed Aladdin, Villains Tonight, Disney Dreams, Twice Charmed, Golden Mickeys, and Tangled.

If you like the Genie, you will likely like Aladdin. It is a retelling of the movie for the most part. We found the other shows on the Fantasy did not fit our family profile, young kind age 3 and adults, who aren't really about the coming of age teen angst angle and the father who can't make time for his daughter. Now Wishes and Believe are both movie song montages, that feature Tangled, Marry Poppins, Lion King, etc. The set pieces are still really good but the story lines just are a miss for us, so we spend our time doing other things on those nights, especially since we have already seen them.
Totally agree.

Aladdin and the other show they have on board with the Genie, although I forget the name of that.

And the one about the kids that app meet at Disneyland and became lifelong friends and I can't remember the name of that one either at the moment, but I could be biased with that one as it was pretty much the story of how all of us that were crusing together on that trip met.l and really became family in the end. Seriously, the story was so like ours we wanted royalties......lol Not really, but it was that close.

But then again I do like the shows, but if I were only going to do three, I would do those three and probably in that order.

While the Genie was fun, I think the carpet really stole the show. (I also had a hard time getting over the fact that the costume makes him look like he needs a bra instead of looking super muscular.)

Aladdin, for us, is the best. We've done a b2b so the same shows both weeks. We spread out the shows over the 2 weeks (welcome, Wishes, Believe, Last night), except for Aladdin. DD & I saw that both weeks. We really enjoy it & love Genie.

I've seen one show ever on the Fantasy, and that was Aladdin. While I'll probably never go again, I really enjoyed the one time we saw it.

I'm totally in the minority here, but I will say that we really, really disliked the Genie. We did not find his jokes funny at all. We were so annoyed by him that we now refuse to go to any show in the WD Theater that had him in it (Believe does, and he has a big part in that, too). He's so "extra," and his jokes seem to be written by someone who is trying to be current with pop culture, and just dumb enough that the majority of the audience will get what he is talking about. Not trying to insult anyone here, I promise, but I (and my family) just found ourselves rolling our eyes and ready to leave. Genie is that bad. If you like sitcoms with laugh tracks, where the writers assume you are not bright enough to figure out when something is funny, you will likely really enjoy Aladdin on the Fantasy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter