Shows on Fantasy

eetravel

Earning My Ears
I know that people have addressed Alladin and Believe previously but was wondering what people thought of the other shows: Fantasy Come True, Wishes, and Unforgettable Journey. Right now we have ressies for Remy on Friday so will miss Unforgettable Journey. My DD loves shows though so considering switching to a "nonshow" night once on board. I do know they do some matinee shows but we're leaving next week and not sure they would be doing those this time of year. Thanks

I know many people feel Wishes is just a commercialized "High School Musical" type show, but my wife, daughter and I actually enjoyed this show the most on our last cruise.

We all thought it was refreshing that they incorporated new musical numbers such the 'no strings on me' number from Pinocchio and the 'I have a dream' song from Tangled.

The show itself starts off a little slow, but picks up once it gets going. But we all really thought the performances were truly inspired. The performers on our cruise were incredibly talented with great vocal range. And we later found out that many of the cast were sick that night (which explained the very brief curtain call) and just toughed it out.

But the best testimonial I could give was my normally reserved, jaded teenage daughter who my wife and I observed totally immersed in the story and actually mouthing the words to a few of the songs and even a little misty-eyed at times. Priceless to us to see her reaction to the show.

Incredibly, we did not see Believe (a mistake we will remedy in 3 months). We thought Aladdin was just so-so...however I will add the caveat that we couldn't help but compare it to the Aladdin show at Disneyland, which is unfair considering all the limitations they have on a ship vs. having a show in a land-based performance hall.

The number on the final night was pretty weak we thought. I think we'd skip that the next time.

Unforgettable Journey is a summation of the week's cruise and somewhat an advertisement for DCL, similar to Fantasy Come True. We plan to skip it on our next cruise.

I liked Wishes, yes it's High School Musical ish. Believe was probably my favorite followed by Aladdin.

The first and last night shows are not real shows in the same sense as the 3 main productions. They just applies hyped up names to the "welcome aboard" and "farewell" shows. You can miss either of these with no great loss.

Don't get me wrong...they are cute, fun, etc....but not "must see."

My DW and I just got off the fantasy and loved all the shows they did matinee shows for almost all of them except the first night!

goofy1107 said:
My DW and I just got off the fantasy and loved all the shows they did matinee shows for almost all of them except the first night!

Is the matinee identical to the night show????

noahsketomom said:
Is the matinee identical to the night show????

Yes. We much prefer going there & freeing up the evening.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I know that people have addressed Alladin and Believe previously but was wondering what people thought of the other shows: Fantasy Come True, Wishes, and Unforgettable Journey. Right now we have ressies for Remy on Friday so will miss Unforgettable Journey. My DD loves shows though so considering switching to a "nonshow" night once on board. I do know they do some matinee shows but we're leaving next week and not sure they would be doing those this time of year. Thanks

IMHO, I would skip the Fantasy Come True and Unforgettable Journey shows on the first and last nights. The first one basically tells you what you will experience on the ship and the last show basically tells you what you did experience. I'm not sure what to classify them as... "showmercials?" (part show part commercial?):confused3

IMHO, I would skip the Fantasy Come True and Unforgettable Journey shows on the first and last nights. The first one basically tells you what you will experience on the ship and the last show basically tells you what you did experience. I'm not sure what to classify them as... "showmercials?" (part show part commercial?):confused3

I have actually enjoyed these "bookend" shows on the Magic, so I'm curious to see them on the Fantasy.

They don't do matinees of these shows.

We really enjoyed Wishes on the MV. Looked like a teenage level of Dreams to me, with fresh songs used. One of my favorite scenes was the Hawaian Rollercoaster Ride song. I teared up at the end. Maybe it is because my kids are getting older, this gets to me. I didn't bawl like I have several times when watching Dreams though. ;)

The one disappointment for me was Believe. The Genie was fantastic, but the story was bland and not what I expected. Maybe the cast hadn't identified with their roles for that one yet on the MV. I didn't hate it like another show I refuse to see again, but it was a let down after all the positive comments I had read.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter