Showing up to Fantasmic last minute?

jz6982

Earning My Ears
So I've never been to a Fantasmic show. We currently have the Fantasmic dining package booked for our mid-Dec stay but are thinking of passing on it. However, we have no interest in arriving 90 min early. How would we fare if we showed up 30 min before the show? Where we sit is not an issue, as long as we have a seat. We're two adults, no children.

Thanks for your thoughts!

We've done it before. BUT we had seen the show before and wouldn't have been disappointed to NOT see it ~ so the risk was worth the extra park time for us.

FWIW we didn't have the worst seats ever either.

When are you going? How many shows are there during the week you will be there?
Last year we went in October there were 2 shows during the week, Sunday and Thursday with only 1 show each night. Sunday we got there about 45 minutes before the show time and it was standing room only, so the next day we made reservations for the Fantasmic Dinner package, we ate at Hollwood and Vine at 3:00 or so but we got to see Fantasmic.
It really was a must do for us because it was my brother's step-daughter and her son's first trip.

We book the Fantasmic package every visit. I don't want to stand in line for an 1 1/2 hours or chance STO. The weekly performances have been reduced and it's a popular show. We were there in the middle of May and it was packed to the rafters.

If you cancel the ressie, odds are you won't be able to get another. You have up to 48 hours to cancel, so you have time to decide.

If it was important to me, I wouldn't chance it. Fantasmic just isn't being shown enough and with MVMCP scheduled through-out the week, individuals who aren't going to the party, but want to have evening entertainment, could head to DHS.

Disney has been adding Fantasmic shows, usually by adding a 2nd show on the same evening, if warranted. And mid-December could warrant it with increased bookings due to Free Dining. If that occurs, you should be fine without the FDP by attending the 2nd show.

We book the Fantasmic package every visit. I don't want to stand in line for an 1 1/2 hours or chance STO. The weekly performances have been reduced and it's a popular show. We were there in the middle of May and it was packed to the rafters.

I know what you mean. Last year we were there in early June and it was an hour and a half before the show began. My DH said let's go for it, we should be able to get something. I wasn't so sure and, sure enough, SRO by then. :eek: No way. I haven't seen it in a few years, so this December and friend and I will be there and I was able to snag us MM on the FDP.

If there are two showings that night, you have probably a 95% chance of getting seats if you show up 5 minutes before the show.

However, if there is only one show (or for the early show of two), your chances of getting in as late as 20 minutes before the show are probably about 5%.

I know what you mean. Last year we were there in early June and it was an hour and a half before the show began. My DH said let's go for it, we should be able to get something. I wasn't so sure and, sure enough, SRO by then. :eek: No way. I haven't seen it in a few years, so this December and friend and I will be there and I was able to snag us MM on the FDP.

I was about to say the same thing. We were there this time last month.

The first show was at 9pm, we grabbed something to eat in the little restaurant opposite the queue. It was about 7pm so we were hoping that we'd grab something to eat then queue. At about 7:45pm a CM came out shouting there was standing room only! We managed to catch the second show and got really good seats (thrid from front, centre), but only because we started queuing as soon as the first show started. Was worth it though, but could not believe how full it got so quickly! popcorn::

when we did the dining package for fantasmic i dont remember waiting long for fantasmic to begin. they have you meet you on a side of one of the buildings and take you the back way to the show to your seats.

I am bummed there is only two shows the week we are there for Halloween...any chance to know when or if they will show a second show on the same night?

However, we have no interest in arriving 90 min early.

Really? Because the other 5000 people in line just LOVE to wait for 90 minutes! ;)

The sad truth is that if it's important for you to see the show, you should either keep your Fantasmic dinner package or plan to line up early. You may find a place to squeeze in if you show up 30 minutes before the show, but the odds are against it. I wouldn't cancel your dinner ADR unless you really don't mind missing the show and therefore don't mind taking the risk.

We're going in December and there are so few shows scheduled it's really hard to fit in everything we want to see. Multiply that by everyone else visiting that week, and you have your potential Fantasmic audience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter