• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Showing up for ADR with 3 peeps instead of 2?

Mrs. Pookie

I will always be a California girl at heart.
Hi. So...we are leaving in eight days, and there's a possiblity my brother might join us at the last minute. He hasn't said he will go yet, but it got me thinking about our dining reservations. What can I do? Can I call Disney Dining and add him to the reservation? Can we just show up with him and they'll accomodate us? Or am I basically screwed at this point?

The biggest problem is that with now being a party of three, another table is probably going to be needed. Right now, you are more than likely at a table that seats only two. Disney will not just pull up a chair to that table. So, you will need either another table for two next to your original table or you will need to have a table for four (or three, those do exist at some restaurants). Either way, what you have right now will be much different from what the restaurant is expecting.

You can just show up with three and hope for the best. Worst case is you will be turned away or will have to wait as a walk up until the proper configuration is available. Best case is they will have no problem accommodating you. But you won't know that until you are there.

I'd try and change the reservation. Call first and see what they can do. If nothing, then go to that restaurant that day and see what they can do at the podium (any time the restaurant is open but before your seating time).

You aren't screwed but since you are increasing your party and needing a different configuration, it's going to be difficult. Going from an odd number of people to and even number isn't usually a problem. You are going from even to odd.

I think you are going to have a problem.
First I would call to try to increase the ADR. That may work for some and not for others.
I would show up early and see if they can accomodate you.
As a previous poster said, you are now looking at a different table configuration and that very well may not be available for you.
You could always explain to your brother that at the last minute you were not able to include him in your ADR's and go and enjoy without him.
Good luck and have a Great Trip

Thanks guys. My brother probably won't even go anyway. He's not like us, and could take or leave a Disney vacation (even one somebody else is paying for) so he's pretty much a weirdo haha!:confused3

My problem with calling is that if he does decide to go, he will most likely change his mind back and forth like ten times in the next eight days. So I can't keep calling and changing stuff around (if that's even possible at this late date).

We are eating at Liberty Tree Tavern, Chefs de France, Yak and Yeti, San Angel Inn, and Wolfgang Puck Cafe. I'm not worried about Puck's. You really don't even need a reservation there for lunch. But I don't know how accomodating the others can be, and I'll cry if I miss Yak and Yeti!

I had a similar situation. My sister decided at the last minute that she was going to join us, changing our party from 4 to 5. I called every day trying to get her added to the ressies but it wasn't happening. We all just went to each restaurant and hoped for the best. We were all seated each time, with no problem. And this was during Free Dining, this past September. Good luck!

I had a similar situation. My sister decided at the last minute that she was going to join us, changing our party from 4 to 5. I called every day trying to get her added to the ressies but it wasn't happening. We all just went to each restaurant and hoped for the best. We were all seated each time, with no problem. And this was during Free Dining, this past September. Good luck!

Yay! Thanks for your input. I think it's our best bet to show up and hope for the best.

At this point, my brother being with us is more important to me than a bunch of ADRs. He needs a vacation too, and as long as we don't have to drag him kicking and screaming to WDW, I'll be happy!:rotfl:

Our # of people went up too from the time I made my ADR's - my travel agent (who goes to Disney several times a year) told me to just go - that they will almost always accommodate you, that she has never been turned away with extra people. Of course, nothing is guaranteed, but I haven't heard of anyone in this situation being told no. Good luck :goodvibes

Our # of people went up too from the time I made my ADR's - my travel agent (who goes to Disney several times a year) told me to just go - that they will almost always accommodate you, that she has never been turned away with extra people. Of course, nothing is guaranteed, but I haven't heard of anyone in this situation being told no. Good luck :goodvibes

When you both went to each restaurant, did you tell them the truth, that you added a person to the vacation, or did you fib and say the reservation person must have made a mistake? I'm trying to figure out which would be the best way to go in this situation.

When my mother and stepbrother joined us unexpectedly, we told them the truth. My stepfather had passed away about 10 days prior and they decided to come to Disney to join us to sort of get away. We had reservations for breakfast for CRT. They did seat us, but we ended up waiting almost an hour.

We told them the truth. We just said that we had a reservation for 4, but actually there were 5 of us. There were no questions asked. At California Grill they said that we might have to wait a few extra minutes, but we were seated within 5 minutes of checking in.

We have the same problem. One night our party will be 5 rather than 4. I tried to increase and they had no tables for 5. Figure I will just show up anyway and hope for the best. Worst case scenario...DH, DD & DS can grab a table and eat, and DF and I will go grab CS and a ride. I asked about putting one of the kids on lap and the CM didn't think they would be OK with that...UGH go figure...I know, I know fire codes:headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter