• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

showing photo id for children

wegakempf

Earning My Ears
Some of our tickets have indicated must show ID for the kids. What do they want you to present for children 17 and younger? Their school does not issue student id's so not sure what we need to come up with. Any suggestions?

tickets for what?

If you mean flying you don't need ID for kids under 18 UNLESS they are flying on a special childs ticket like free under 2 then you need the birth certificate.

The only time I really had to show ID for them was when after they turned like 11ish.. and it was only when I was purchasing or renewing their Fl resident AP's.. I think it was because it was a Fl Resident Pass too.. or I doubt I would have been asked. I always carried their school ID card with me.

Some of our tickets have indicated must show ID for the kids. What do they want you to present for children 17 and younger? Their school does not issue student id's so not sure what we need to come up with. Any suggestions?

how old are you children.. if they are young, they will not be asked... if they are a bit older, they may be asked. I don't know of many middle/junior or high schools that do not issue ID's. In fact, where I am, some elementary schools issue them too. I know our State issues a State ID for anyone who wants to get one.. even adults who do not drive.

I think the "Give A Day" tickets require a birth certificate for under 18.

I think the "Give A Day" tickets require a birth certificate for under 18.

Yup.

Although, GAD only asked for a "copy" of a birth certificate.

But, the former "Free on Your Birthday" promotion required and actual "state original" birth certificate... copies were not enough.

We got our tickets for Universal today and they stated on the tickets, must show photo id for the kid tickets. My daughter is 10 so this is why I am asking. I understand "most" school do issue student id's, but again we are in a very small district and they do not receive id's. Thinking I am gonna just call the park and ask to be on the safe side. Thanks everyone.

We got our tickets for Universal today and they stated on the tickets, must show photo id for the kid tickets. My daughter is 10 so this is why I am asking. I understand "most" school do issue student id's, but again we are in a very small district and they do not receive id's. Thinking I am gonna just call the park and ask to be on the safe side. Thanks everyone.

Universal?

Heck, who knows what kind of shenanigans those guys will try to pull on an unsuspecting public...

Good luck with that.

;)

children under 18 years of age florida res. or not as lon as the child is with an adult who of course would have an id. No problems

AS long as the child is with an adult. You will have no problems

tickets for what?

If you mean flying you don't need ID for kids under 18 UNLESS they are flying on a special childs ticket like free under 2 then you need the birth certificate.

We've flown with our under two's lots and lots of time and I've never once been asked for photo id, not even with our almost twos.

We've flown with our under two's lots and lots of time and I've never once been asked for photo id, not even with our almost twos.

If they had their own paid-for seats, that makes sense. If they were lap-babies, it doesn't make sense, b/c that's only for under 2, and they need to prove it.

OP, if the tickets in question are for Universal, there's a Universal forum here...they'd know!

If they had their own paid-for seats, that makes sense. If they were lap-babies, it doesn't make sense, b/c that's only for under 2, and they need to prove it.

OP, if the tickets in question are for Universal, there's a Universal forum here...they'd know!

:confused3 Am I confused? I'm not sure why this doesn't make sense.

We've taken over ten air trips with our kids in the last 5 years, always with one under two, always a free lap baby, and not once have I been asked for a birth certificate, ID, passport, or any other form of ID, even with the larger-than-average almost two year olds. They do ask which is the lap baby, but that is all.

I'm not lying, that's the way its been for us! We've flown from TVC, FNT, PLN, DTW and ORD into MCO, SFO, SMF, etc. A mix of large and regional aiports, and we've never once been asked or looked at twice.

:confused3 Am I confused? I'm not sure why this doesn't make sense.

We've taken over ten air trips with our kids in the last 5 years, always with one under two, always a free lap baby, and not once have I been asked for a birth certificate, ID, passport, or any other form of ID, even with the larger-than-average almost two year olds. They do ask which is the lap baby, but that is all.

I'm not lying, that's the way its been for us! We've flown from TVC, FNT, PLN, DTW and ORD into MCO, SFO, SMF, etc. A mix of large and regional aiports, and we've never once been asked or looked at twice.

I think Molly's point is that they CAN ask for a birth certificate or passport for proof. I would never assume they'd take me at my word and risk not being let on the plane. My SIL had an issue their TA and the airline didn't catch until they tried to fly home from Mexico....their DD turned 2 during the trip and needed a seat to fly home!!! Obviously they had to have a passport so no fudging her birthday. Apparently Mexico (unlike Disney) DOES penalize you for growing up! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter