• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Showers at Discovery Cove

pixeegrl

DIS Veteran
Are they in abundance lol? Just wondering how long the line gets for them at the end of the day? DH will be stuck with all 3 boys and wondering how long the wait is for them :) and if we should get to them before a certain time i.e. is there a mad rush at the end of the day. Thanks! Can't wait for out August trip!!!!

Are they in abundance lol? Just wondering how long the line gets for them at the end of the day? DH will be stuck with all 3 boys and wondering how long the wait is for them :) and if we should get to them before a certain time i.e. is there a mad rush at the end of the day. Thanks! Can't wait for out August trip!!!!

On the ladies side there were 2 rows of showers so quite and few and we really did not have a wait for them and we stayed almost all day. I think they have 3 locker rooms if I remember right with the showers so I think your DH should be good. If one is really busy go find another one :)

We don't make any evening plans on Discovery Cove Days, so just sit in the chairs overlooking the dolphin lagoon until closing, enjoying our last beverage of the day. We've never had a wait when we head to the showers.

I've been twice and never had to wait, but I usually leave before closing. That being said, I wouldn't go as far as to take a 30min shower if I thought someone might need to get in.

Am I missing something? It never occurred to me that I would need to shower before leaving DC? Is it necessary? We are going in August and I was planning to just hang out 'til closing and then jump in the car and head back to our hotel (which is right across the street at the Renaissance).

Am I missing something? It never occurred to me that I would need to shower before leaving DC? Is it necessary? We are going in August and I was planning to just hang out 'til closing and then jump in the car and head back to our hotel (which is right across the street at the Renaissance).
No you don't have to take one. We used them because both kids were sand head to toe so this was the best way to get all the sand off them and out of the bathing suites. If you are across the street then you can wait until you get back to your hotel. If your going somewhere else right after or have a long drive back one or to your hotel you might want one. :)

No one will make you take a shower if you don't want to.

Me personally, I like being able to rinse all the water off (and like a PP said, all the sand) and I would shower after swimming in any public pool . I may sound like a germophobe here, but quite honestly, who knows what you have been swimming in all day long? :sick: I will stress that DC is amazingly clean, but when it comes to the end of my day, I will happily take that shower! :thumbsup2

I have hair that's very long (for an old girl ;) ) and its much easier to comb it out after a shampoo and conditioning treatment (and they have great hair care products right in the showers). Plus they have a huge supply of nice white fluffy towels all ready and waiting. I can't say enough about how nice the shower facilities are.....the best I've ever been in!

No you don't have to take one. We used them because both kids were sand head to toe so this was the best way to get all the sand off them and out of the bathing suites. If you are across the street then you can wait until you get back to your hotel. If your going somewhere else right after or have a long drive back one or to your hotel you might want one. :)

I never considered the sand. A rinse off might not be such a bad idea :lmao:

We did not shower before leaving. We went in August as well, and since it is so hot we actually dried just waiting for our photos and really didn't feel the need to get wet again before we left. We all showered when we got back to the hotel. I don't think waiting an extra 15 minutes to bathe made a difference, LOL. I do understand wanting to wash off the sand, but we were not sandy as we had been swimming and then standing in line. We were not playing in the sand.
We didn't actually bring any clothes with us to Discovery Cove. We came in our suits and left in them. :)

I actually think it's easier to get out of the wetsuits under the shower as well, unless it's completely dry already.

there were plenty of showers! we spent the entire day there so at 5pm there was no line and they had shower gel and shampoo, they also have outside showers to just rinse off if you get sandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter