• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Showering in the Spa

kimkreis

Mouseketeer
Ok I have seen a few posts where people say let one adult shower in the room and the other goes down to the spa.

Ok I always hated showering at the gym not because of privacy issues, but just because of not having all my stuff, forgettign soemthing, etc.

1. Which decks are close enough to the spa to make this feasible?
2. Do folks carry all their thigns or shower and head back to the room with drippy hair.

I know I know weird question but I am tryign to figure out how this all works and whether it would be a good plan for us.

I knew I would workout in the mornings, so I planned ahead at home.

I packed a small bags with the needed toiletries just for use at the showers in the spa. The night before I'd just throw in some undergarments and a swim dress. The showers have shampoo, soap, towels and robes.

I grabbed that bag every morning. Once showered, I dried my hair to a certain dryness and walked back to the room. There would be nothing wrong with walking back to your room with wet hair. The pools are on the same level....how would anybody know or care.

You know, I don't think I've ever seen a photo of the spa locker rooms posted on the DIS. ANYBODY HAVE SOME?

On the WBPC one of my tablemates used the locker room showers every day. Why didn't I grill her on the set up? :confused3 Why didn't I go up and check it out? :confused3 Guess 'cause I didn't know my NEXT cruise would be with my shower hogging sister! :lmao:

I work out at a gym at home and shower there, so I have a "gym bag" that I basically keep packed. I took the same bag on the ship, even though I knew that I didn't need some of the stuff in it. If anything, it was much easier than my gym at home because they are providing towels, etc....and if I forgot something, it was only a 5 minute walk away. (yeah, I could look like a slob for that long if I forgot to bring a clean bra....)

The showers in the locker room will have shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner in containers on the wall. They will have plenty of towels. Basically, you need to bring your hair stuff, deodorant, and clean clothes. There are the same hair dryers in the locker room as in your stateroom. Some people fix hair in the locker room, others go with wet hair back to their room.

The spa is on deck 9 forward.

Having never used the gym/spa on the ship (hey, I take the stairs at least, lol) I am wondering how this works. Does it cost money? I know the spa does, but what about the gym and showers?

We had three adults in our room, so I was grateful for the showers in the locker room! All I took with me was the clothes I was changing in to. Everything else is there for you: towels, robes, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. It was a lifesaver for getting ready in the evenings!

Melissa

The fitness center and locker room are free. There is usually a spa product available to sample in the locker room , on our recent cruise it is was a facial cleanser or toner. On another cruise, it was a facial masque.

many cruises - plan afternoon rainforest and shower in the locker room, dry hair a minimal amount, cruise deck 10 to dry if further and head back to the room to dress for dinner. decks are quiet - i enjoy this time.

So if we go to work out the shower that everyone is talking about is there?

Hmm - sounds good to me......

There is one large locker room the serves both the spa and the fitness center. The showers that we are talking about are in that locker room. There are also showers in the rainforest room, but those are available only if you pay the rainforest fee.

Thank you so much!

Guess Sis and I will go work out - yea right - one day and try the showers there :)

There are only two showers in the locker room. both have dispensers on the wall with shower gel, conditioner and shampoo.

One shower head has a waterfall effect (love that one) and the other has a large head with a rain effect.

It is not a very private area. It is adjacent to the waiting area for the spa (nice loungers where they have people wait to be called for their treatments).

Right across from the shower area there is a narrow shelf where you can put some stuff but a tote bag will not fit and you can't reach this shelf from the shower...You would have to step out to get anything from the shelf. I usually put a towel down first and then my bag on that so it does not get wet. I keep the bag right outside the shower so when I am done I can just grab whatever I need out of it. There is also some hooks to hang robe or towel.

I usually throw on a Robe or wrap a towel around me, gather my stuff and then get dressed in the bathroom stall. The shower is too steamy at that point to get dressed in and I am not one to drop my towel/robe and get dressed in front of others. I like my privacy!

I towel dry my hair (bring a brush or comb!!) and I walk back to my cabin with wet hair.

MJ

many cruises - plan afternoon rainforest and shower in the locker room, dry hair a minimal amount, cruise deck 10 to dry if further and head back to the room to dress for dinner. decks are quiet - i enjoy this time.

How do you plan for the rainforest and is there a daily fee or can you buy a pass for the length of the cruise?

How do you plan for the rainforest and is there a daily fee or can you buy a pass for the length of the cruise?

The daily fee is $15. not sure how much the week pass is. But, I found I really did not have time during the whole cruise to get there more than 2 or 3 times.

MJ

IN the past, the weekly pass has been $75. However, on our last cruise, they were offering 2,3, and 4 day passes at rates lower than the daily rate but not as good a bargain as the weekly (if you use it every day.) Reality is that there are only 6 use days on a 7 day cruise (you won't go the first day--too much to do, and they are giving tours in the rainforest). SO, the 7 day for $75 is really like paying for 5 days and getting 6. That's great IF you use it daily. If you miss one day, you would have been just as good paying the daily rate.

They also offered a "couples" rate (first time I'd seen this!). It was MUCH cheaper than 2 single uses, and rather offended me--once again, I'll pay more because there is only one of me. They did say that any two people can constitute a "couple." It could be 2 sisters, husband/wife, mother/daughter or whatever.

IN the past, the weekly pass has been $75. However, on our last cruise, they were offering 2,3, and 4 day passes at rates lower than the daily rate but not as good a bargain as the weekly (if you use it every day.) Reality is that there are only 6 use days on a 7 day cruise (you won't go the first day--too much to do, and they are giving tours in the rainforest). SO, the 7 day for $75 is really like paying for 5 days and getting 6. That's great IF you use it daily. If you miss one day, you would have been just as good paying the daily rate.

They also offered a "couples" rate (first time I'd seen this!). It was MUCH cheaper than 2 single uses, and rather offended me--once again, I'll pay more because there is only one of me. They did say that any two people can constitute a "couple." It could be 2 sisters, husband/wife, mother/daughter or whatever.

Do you happen to remember if the two people had to be in the same cabin?

Thanks

Do you happen to remember if the two people had to be in the same cabin?

Thanks

I don't believe that they did, since they were offering it to adult mother/daughter pair who commented that their husbands would never go (that's when the CM suggested the two of them and commented that it could be any two.) However, it had to be billed to one KTTW--the CM wouldn't split it and bill 1/2 to each.

Two questions: Could I take my daughter over to these showers so she and I could get ready? Or is for adults only? I thought the girls could go get ready and leave the boys (dh and ds) in the room to do their own getting ready.

Also, explain to me about the rainforest room. I know there are tile loungers arranged around some kind of a fountain. Is it heated in there like a sauna? Are there enough loungers for everyone? Do you ever get there and need to wait for a lounger? I went to a small spa in Vegas and there wasn't any room to lounge around the hottub so it was a waste for me.

Is the rainforest for men and women? What do you wear in there? Robes? Swimsuits, towels?

Thanks for any info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter