• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shower seats?

tseitel

DIS Veteran
We will be at the BC this October. I'm using a TA for the 1st time. Our last stay in 2013 we were at ASMo and at reservation time I requested a shower chair for my mom, and the resort provided one free of charge. This time I asked the TA to request, and she reported back to me that she was told they do not provide, & was given the number to an outside vendor that I could rent from. IS this correct? Or is this just another case of getting an uninformed cm? She will not be in an accessible room, if that makes a difference Thank you

I was able to get a shower chair when we stayed in a studio at BLT. I just called housekeeping. I also got a larger one from housekeeping at the Boardwalk. I was in a 1 bedroom there, with a shower stall, but I need at least a grab bar!

They don't reserve them ahead of time - they are first come, first serve. If you want to actually guarantee that you will have one, you need to rent one through an outside company. That is why your trVel agent was hold they don't do it.

So, your choices are rent one ahead of time and be sure you will have one in good condition or request one from Housekeeping when you get there. Our personal experience is that the ones from Housekeeping may or may not be in the best condition - check for loose screws/bolts before using it.

Look in post 2 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread located near the top of this board.
Scroll down near the end of the post to see the equipment rental companies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter