Shower Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob1459

Mouseketeer
Has anyone changed the shower head in your room temporarily with a filtered showerhead to remove the hardness and smell of the water?

I come from well water with a softener and the water is horrible in Florida. It also sucks to shave with the water as well. The razor doesn't glide as easily. I saw a filtered shower head at Lowe's and was thinking of trying it out.

Really? I think it sounds like a bad idea. I don't think people need to mess around switching out plumming in their resort rooms. All I would need would be the next person in a shower where some ding dong didn't put the shower head back on right.:headache:

NOT saying the OP is a ding dong, but we all know not everyone is careful. Or would even care, quite frankly. And I would bet if you asked Disney, they would tell you it wasn't allowed.

Really? I think it sounds like a bad idea. I don't think people need to mess around switching out plumming in their resort rooms. All I would need would be the next person in a shower where some ding dong didn't put the shower head back on right.:headache:

NOT saying the OP is a ding dong, but we all know not everyone is careful. Or would even care, quite frankly. And I would bet if you asked Disney, they would tell you it wasn't allowed.

I am sure there are some ill equiped people out there, but for me its worth it if it works and I will bring the tools to do the job right. I would not want to ruin the next guests experience.

Sorry, I can't imagine any hotel being OK with this.

If filtered shower water were a make-or-break thing for my vacation, I'd look for a hotel in the Orlando area that offers that, instead of modifying the hotel's plumbing to suit my taste.

I tried a filter on my shower head at home and found it really decreased the water pressure a lot. So much so, I took it off because it took forever to rinse the shampoo out of my hair. In a hotel where water pressure can suck to begin with, I think it would really affect that and you might not like it for that reason alone.

FWIW - it was super easy to install. You just unscrew the shower head and screw on the filter, and screw it back on. Although mine is older and I needed a wrench to get it off, and it's definitely not worth all that hassle in a hotel room.

Sorry, I can't imagine any hotel being OK with this.

If filtered shower water were a make-or-break thing for my vacation, I'd look for a hotel in the Orlando area that offers that, instead of modifying the hotel's plumbing to suit my taste.

I am not looking for "Filtered" water, but to make the water softer...and its not major plumbing..Just the shower head.

I tried a filter on my shower head at home and found it really decreased the water pressure a lot. So much so, I took it off because it took forever to rinse the shampoo out of my hair. In a hotel where water pressure can suck to begin with, I think it would really affect that and you might not like it for that reason alone.

FWIW - it was super easy to install. You just unscrew the shower head and screw on the filter, and screw it back on. Although mine is older and I needed a wrench to get it off, and it's definitely not worth all that hassle in a hotel room.

Thanks for the heads up..I didn't think about the pressure.

If you ask the resort, they'll likely say no. The housekeeping staff may or may not report it; if they do, you may or may not be asked to put the original showerhead back.

If you decide to replace the showerhead, be very careful not to leave any visible damage or marks. Disney resorts have been known to assess a fee if a guest leaves tape or marker residue on a window, I can only assume they'd do the same if there were any damage done to the showerhead.

Looks like a previous thread. Did you post this before?

Regardless, hotelier hat on, as a guest you have no, repeat, no authorization or right to change plumbing, electricals, or any other such item in your room. That is all property of the hotel and a guest may not modify any of the infrastructure. In most hotels, tampering with anything like that is grounds for eviction and banning from the hotel.

That's the same answer as a previous thread and still valid.

One option for the OP is to contact the hotel ahead of time and tell them this is something you want. Due to the FL water, the hotel may have water filters of their own at their disposal they can put on for you, or if they would allow you bring your own, they may have their maintenance department screw it on so as to avoid any damage from the guest doing it. I used to work at a luxury hotel, and most anything would have been permitted within reason and with the hotels permission, as long as it didn't permanently alter the room and our employees were the ones to do it. It was always all about pleasing the guest, even if it means out of the ordinary things.

if they do, you may or may not be asked to put the original showerhead back.

I can pretty much guarantee that they won't ask the OP to put it back. There are too many liability issues. They could, however, charge him to have a professional replace it. I'm guessing it would be a hefty fee.

I can pretty much guarantee that they won't ask the OP to put it back. There are too many liability issues. They could, however, charge him to have a professional replace it. I'm guessing it would be a hefty fee.

Oops, you're absolutely right. That'll teach me to post while I'm at work. :upsidedow

If the hotel wanted the showerhead replaced, they'd no doubt have their maintenance guys do it and charge the OP.

Let me ask the OP this -

If you had a guest come to your home and not like the water and just replaced your shower head with whatever he brought with him, then left with replacing it but it didn't work, what would you do?

Now, you say you know exactly what you are doing and that's good. But think about this in your home. No one told you what they were doing, they just did it.

How would you feel if, I, a complete stranger, just did this in your house (I realize I would never be in your house but imagine it). I just did it. No word, no notice. I just changed it and changed it back. Do you really think it would be the same? Exactly the same? No changes whatsoever?

I don't understand why people think that paying money for a stay in a hotel entitles them to change the room that much.

Just how long are you in the shower that the smell of the water overpowers you?

Wow........Its a showerhead people...As simple as changing a light bulb..I am not changing the plumbing, putting in new windows, or painting the room.

BTW..I really didn't ask for anyone's opinion if it was right or wrong..just if it was done before..

Thanks for everyone's input.

Just how long are you in the shower that the smell of the water overpowers you?

Its the hardwater that bothers me..Very hard to shave and my skin is real dry after the shower. Like I said earlier..I come from a well water water system that has been softened and filtered..You just get used to that type of water.

Wow........Its a showerhead people...As simple as changing a light bulb..I am not changing the plumbing, putting in new windows, or painting the room.

BTW..I really didn't ask for anyone's opinion if it was right or wrong..just if it was done before..

Thanks for everyone's input.

Plz don't take this the wrong way but if u mentioned this u must have known or thought twice about it. :teacher:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter