shower doors or shower curtain?

If you end up with doors, get the kind that open with an actual hinged door, not the type that opens with one panel sliding behind the other. We have a sliding door and it's impossible to clean if you're not standing in the shower.

I sawy the curved rods at linens and things last weekend, and I was wondering how they worked.

We first saw these in a hotel. I loved them - they do an excellent job of making the tub space bigger and the curtain does not interfere with your shower.

i have a shower curtain now and love the ease of just washing it. we also have seen the curved curtains. i was glad to hear someone say they loved them. i also like the idea of bringing in some color. (our bathroom now has a lovely light blue (carolina blue) tub/ shower combo, sink and toilet). i am using white fixtures this time, and will use color in the accessories. the floor and walls will be neutral.

i love the look of the clear glass hinged doors. i guess it just boils down to the fact that i don't want to have to clean glass every day to make it look pretty. i also know that if it isn't cleaned it looks bad.

thanks for all of the input.

I'd go for the curtain. Much easier to clean and you can use it as a focal point to decorate around.

I have a beige plastic liner that I keep pushed all the way back, and it stays hidden behind the decorative curtain, which is really a set of curtains and a valance from Target.

Heck, I paid too much for my tile to hide it! I want that stuff framed! :rotfl:

I have one of each. I like the curtain better. It is cute, easy to change. And when the liner gets dirty, I just replace it. When the curtain gets dirty, I throw it in the washer.

The doors are ugly and a major pain to clean.

I have had shower doors - but hated the cleaning. When we redid our bathroom I was thinking of getting the doors but went with the curtain. It is so much easier to clean.

do you all use liners? I use a clear one, but it is constantly water spotted, so I need a new one. If you don't use a liner do you have a regular fabric curtain, and it doesn't leak, or a heavy duty, or vinyl type curtain?

do you all use liners? I use a clear one, but it is constantly water spotted, so I need a new one. If you don't use a liner do you have a regular fabric curtain, and it doesn't leak, or a heavy duty, or vinyl type curtain?

I use a beige vinyl liner, but you can't see it when it's not in use. My fabric shower curtain has never gotten wet.

I think I spent a whopping $30 on the whole set-up.

Here's a pic:

TubView.jpg

DF had a glass shower installed in his apartment about a year ago, and there are cracks and gaps in places you don't even think about (until they are full of dust, towel fuzz, hair :-)scared:), and dirt that you can't even explain where it could possibly have come from) and will find impossible to clean inside of. It's also a chore to get the glass sparkly clean, and it only lasts until the next shower.

I'd never have one. It's curtains for me!

Am_I_There_Yet: Just have to tell you again - I love your vanity. I'm still looking for the right one for our basement bathroom. I have yet to see one like yours.

Still no luck, huh? Did you ever call the manufacturer? It seems like they could tell you if any were still in stock somewhere.

I'm still keeping an eye out for something similar for you. I love shopping with other people's money! ;)

Can you post a picture? I never heard of this pattern. It sounds lovely.

Glue chip is a type of glass and comes in tons of different patterns.

I took stained glass classes a few years back, and the place that I took my course at, sold bunches of it.

I had the same place do the glass for my kitchen cabinet doors too.

Just look up stained glass supplies wherever you are, and ask if they carry it.

Still no luck, huh? Did you ever call the manufacturer? It seems like they could tell you if any were still in stock somewhere.

I'm still keeping an eye out for something similar for you. I love shopping with other people's money! ;)

I am all over Ebay searching for the perfect piece. Yes, I called the place you recommended and that piece in that collection is no longer available. I didn't push it any farther with them. You would think I could find something similar, but no. What length is yours by the way? We're a bit more restricted in size than we originally thought due to some shadow box wainscotting we did on the walls.

I put a door on ours. Two reasons. Dog and cat. I get to bathe them and with just a curtain I always ended up chasing a soaped-up, 100lb mad-dog through the house or one ticked-off kitty who seemed to be nothing but claws.

I am all over Ebay searching for the perfect piece. Yes, I called the place you recommended and that piece in that collection is no longer available. I didn't push it any farther with them. You would think I could find something similar, but no. What length is yours by the way? We're a bit more restricted in size than we originally thought due to some shadow box wainscotting we did on the walls.

Darn. Keep the faith!

It was the last thing I was looking for and I ended up decorating a whole room around it, and then ended up getting some more black furniture for my living room!

You'll find something eventually.

The dimensions are 39"W x 36 1/2"H

I would never have a shower with a glass door for one simple reason: my husband. He would never let me have a shower in peace without standing outside it ogling me. :sad2: He's such a perv.

:lmao: :lmao: That cracked me up cause it hit so close to home!! LOL

:lmao: :lmao: That cracked me up cause it hit so close to home!! LOL

We have a glassed-enclosed shower in our master, and my husband in all his juvenile splendour, likes to press his butt up against the glass when I walk in the room.

Of course, I never, ever do anything to retaliate. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter