Showcase of citrus

jm106

DIS Veteran
I bought the Living Social Deal for Showcase of Citrus. It recommends reservations in advance. Does anyone have input as to how far in advance?
We will be in Orlando June 29-July 2 (with No WDW or US.)
I hoped to arrive early so we can be back at the pool when its very hot. How long should I expect to spend there? Thanks

Worried, is Showcase of Citrus not a good stop? Hoped someone has input- Should we skip it?

As JaxDad mentioned, we have been twice....first in 2013, then again in 2014. I wouldn't pay full price for the attraction ($25 per adult), but half off through Livingsocial or Groupon makes it a very good value.

We made our reservations the day prior in both cases. They had no problem accommodating us, though peak times might be a different story. We went in August.

We bought tickets off Groupon for our upcoming trip. our kids are huge Monster Truck fans (heading to Monster Jam in 2 weeks!), so I think they'll enjoy a drive on a "Monster truck" :) I've read really good reviews for it online. The monster truck swamp tour takes about 1 hour. How long you spend at the actual Citrus Farm after that is up to you, they have a u-pick and other little things you can do there. For us, we plan on doing the 10:00 am tour. Picking some oranges from the u-pick after, then heading home. So probably being there for 2-3 hours.

Thanks. I'm glad to see it was ok. I'm sure the kids will like it. This is such a different trip. I'm trying to get into these "other" Orlando options.

Yep! we too about 2 hours. It was a fun ride and the driver was a great guy. Cute shop there too. We also would have never paid full price, but it was a nice change that the whole family can enjoy.

This sounds fun! We are going to be out there for 10 days in June, with only four park days planned. Sounds like this could be something fun to do. I'm going to check the Groupon site. Thanks!

Wonderful. I'm glad it's short so we can spend the rest if the day at the pool. I bought on a whim then started to second guess. I still have it in my mind that we could just do one day at MK or US that day but I'm trying to not go there

I haven't done the swamp buggy ride but we live locally and go there to pick oranges. Very nice set up!

We enjoy it. They have a little playground behind the store. All kinds of citrus to self pick at reasonable price if you are interested.

Once we went in February and the sweet smell of orange blossoms was almost overwhelming.
Last time we visited we saw 3 snakes in the citrus groves so remember it is Florida...land o' reptiles and such.

Last time we visited we saw 3 snakes in the citrus groves so remember it is Florida...land o' reptiles and such.
I thought that was the point of a swap ride lol. I'm not afraid of snakes and reptiles o(unless it's an unsafe situation) or bugs. my kids would enjoy seeing them.

I thought that was the point of a swap ride lol. I'm not afraid of snakes and reptiles o(unless it's an unsafe situation) or bugs. my kids would enjoy seeing them.

As long as you're seeing them from the safety of the monster truck, its pretty cool. I would think if you came face to face with a potentially poisonous snake in the orange grove itself, while you are enjoying some fruit picking.....it may not be such a neat experience :scared: . Some of those Florida snakes are extremely dangerous.

Cows? My kids are accustomed to seeing them but not eating oranges. I am sure there are plenty of critters and things to look out for. We will use caution but we do expect to see them.
Not sure we would bother picking oranges because we are on a 2 week road trip and I wouldnt want to be carrying bags of fresh fruit into each stop. I figured we would just get a few to enjoy.

Showcase of Citrus is just up the road from us. I know a lot of people enjoy spending a few hours there every now and then. I haven't gone because they fly a Confederate flag, and I won't knowingly support racists. I'm sure not everyone who works there is a racist, but if a business flies that flag, I won't go there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter