• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Show us what you got autographed

I believe the policy is one item per person. I can't imagine them not allowing all 5 children an item. I don't think you have to worry about it.

I hope so! I am sure going to try it. Worst case senario I guess we leave 4 of them and take the 5th one with us to get the autographs ourselves. But I really have a hard time seeing them tell me I have to leave one of my children out on this! Thanks!

I love the vinylmation idea but I do not understand why the white ones are $40.00 and the black are $15.00. Any idea where I can get cheaper white ones for the 9"? I will have to get 2

White vinylamtion was $29.96 with discount. I also ordered the Collage Photo Frame for $18.71 with discount. I hope there is enough room for autographs on that mat. Or I may just put pictures in the frame.

Free shipping if you spend $75.

That is super-cute! I've just bought a white mat from Michael's - an 11x14 mat for a 5x7 picture, so plenty of room!

We gave guest services the t-shirt along with five fabric markers we picked up at Target (we heard they stay on the fabric better than Sharpies and less smudging) in a large zip lock bag. We also put in a couple large bags of Hershey's kisses for the cast members to enjoy (in a separate ziplock bag inside the first one incase any melted). Make sure you put your name and stateroom number on the bag so they know where to deliver it!
The signed shirt and markers were returned to our cabin the last night.

Excellent idea to include some candy :thumbsup2. I just made a note to do that when I leave some photo mats to be signed :).

The last 3 cruises, I've done different Mickey Plates. I put the sail dates on the back. The girls display them in their rooms.:lovestruc

5664634_orig.jpg

Did you use Sharpies or another type of pen. I bought a tray - similar design to your plate at want to have it signed. Thanks!

Instead of using pillow CASES, I've had Pillow SHAMS signed. Since they are decorative, they rarely get washed and last almost forever. You can use any light color one and provide the sharpies in colors that go with your decorating scheme. They turn out GREAT!

Instead of using pillow CASES, I've had Pillow SHAMS signed. Since they are decorative, they rarely get washed and last almost forever. You can use any light color one and provide the sharpies in colors that go with your decorating scheme. They turn out GREAT!

anyone have suggestions on where to find inexpensive ones?

Where did you find those cute Mickey plates and what did they use to sign them? We cruise in a few weeks!

I picked up a white niner from DTD for our cruise(set sat sail on Sunday). I was thinking of building a case to display it and keep the dust off. Anybody tried that? Or you could just buy a case too I guess, but me being a carpenter I don't think that way.

All you DIS'ers that are not posting pictures must not be reading the thread title correctly. It says 'show us'...not tell us. I am of course only kidding. :P

Where did you find those cute Mickey plates and what did they use to sign them? We cruise in a few weeks!

I've found plates at Walmart, Target and eBay. There are some plates out there that are white and shaped liked Mickey's gloved hand. I've got those for our next cruise. I stick a baggie with a variety of sharpie colors (and a bag of chocolates) and they seem to prefer the black. On the white ones, I'm sure they will use the different colors. Here are some other's I've had signed.

2315800_orig.jpg

Linda

I've found plates at Walmart, Target and eBay. There are some plates out there that are white and shaped liked Mickey's gloved hand. I've got those for our next cruise. I stick a baggie with a variety of sharpie colors (and a bag of chocolates) and they seem to prefer the black. On the white ones, I'm sure they will use the different colors. Here are some other's I've had signed.

2315800_orig.jpg

Linda

Looks great! :thumbsup2

I hope so! I am sure going to try it. Worst case senario I guess we leave 4 of them and take the 5th one with us to get the autographs ourselves. But I really have a hard time seeing them tell me I have to leave one of my children out on this! Thanks!

I thought I read somewhere there was a limit of two per family. I have three kids. We'll see..:confused3

I love the pillow case idea, especially with the child's name embroidered on it. Here is my question...I've heard that they will only let you leave two items per stateroom to be autographed. We have 2 connecting staterooms and we have 5 children. Are they really strict with this policy? I'm sure that all 5 of my children would LOVE to have their own pillow case.

I do believe that's the official policy, however, if you explain/remind them very nicely you have more than 2 children they will do more than 2 items. This is from other posts I have read.

That is super-cute! I've just bought a white mat from Michael's - an 11x14 mat for a 5x7 picture, so plenty of room!

I have not read thru all of the posts so forgive me if someone already said this... Make sure you tape off the edges where the mat will sit in the frame. We had ours done in October and the signatures are too close to the edge and are cut off when framed.

Someone told me to do this and I completely forgot. I did mark on the back of the frame what I wanted the top to be - do you want a landscape or portrait print. I don't know what would work to tape if off since I did not try it but someone recommended the blue painters tape. You may want to do a dry run where you leave the tape on for a couple of days and then see if you can pull it off without ripping the mat.

Hope this helps

Not signed yet, but can't wait to take it with us!

I got it at Target for $9.99----it's solid white with a chalk board square on it, and I wrote in silver permanent marker on it....Our Disney Fund. I think it will be cool to have signatures all over it.

DSC01383.jpg

White vinylamtion was $29.96 with discount. I also ordered the Collage Photo Frame for $18.71 with discount. I hope there is enough room for autographs on that mat. Or I may just put pictures in the frame.

Free shipping if you spend $75.

I've seen the 11x14 white mat at Walmart for less than $9.00.

These are the two items we had signed on the last cruise - a tote bag and an apron. Hard to get a good photo of the apron.

DisneyCruiseLine-DREAM-2011200A.jpg
DisneyCruiseLine-DREAM-2011211.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter