Show Me Your Smolder! October 2012 B-Day TR NEW 4/1 Trip Wrap Up & NEW PTR LINK!

Ok, now I really want to see how the Walk the Dinosaur goes. :lmao: Paxton's version is cute. :goodvibes

I think the only time I was in Restaurantosaurus was when I was looking for a restroom on my way to a FP run to Dinosaur.

Fun update! Love the Mountain Rescue tshirt!

:lmao: Sorry, you won't catch any YouTube videos of me performing the dance any time soon!!

Restaurantosaurus was okay for what it was, a restaurant with your typical Disney staple foods. DH did like the mac & cheese hot dog though. :thumbsup2

Cool! I've still never seen her. But that's probably because we don't spend enough time at AK.

:cough:MattHochberg:cough:

I haven't tried either of those. I'm still stuck on Flame Tree and I can't see that one changing. :rotfl2:

I just can't get myself to Flame Tree. Not a fan of barbeque really! So I guess Pizzafari is to us as Flame Tree is to you!

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

So it's kind of like your personal, IASW, but with dance moves?

That's a pretty accurate way to describe it, actually. :rotfl::rotfl:

I love hearing people say something like that when I'm in the parks, because I know I won't likely ever have to worry about them being in a line in front of me. :rotfl2::lmao:

Yes! Hey, if you want to wait in a 70 minute line while I use my FP and wait less than 10, BE MY GUEST!!

So, I take it he won't stay asleep if you move him? That is brutal. DS is pretty good about staying asleep, so we always want him to fall asleep in the stroller or the car.:rotfl:

Oh my goodness, NO. What will happen is he will take a nice snooze in the stroller or the car until we stop moving, and then he will be wide awake! That's what happens in normal life, he may have still napped after a week in Disney World and just plain being exhausted, but it's not a risk I'm willing to take! By keeping him up for that 20 minutes it took to get him out of the park and back to the room, he napped for 2 1/2 hours! :cloud9:

Ha, I figured you were referring to the Was (Not Was) song. My friends and I loved that album in college ("What up Dog?"). We actually shot a video for one of their other songs -"Spy in the House of Love".

Can't watch Paxton's video here, but I can picture it. Must be the same cycle of songs they use in the Boneyard. Wonder how much the Was brothers get in royalties. Did you guys take Paxton to the Boneyard at all? DD loves the boneyard, even though it is a hot and sweaty place. We've somehow manage to stop her from getting across the bridge to the dinosaur dig, as we don't need her digging in the dirt. She's never noticed it's there!

One of my few and favorite souvenirs is from WDW is a baseball hat from Everest that says "Expedition Everest Summit Team" but has no references at all to Walt Disney World and worn spots on the rim. I love souvenirs that aren't obvious about being from Disney World. That shirt would quality if it didn't still say DAK on it. Too bad, I would pick one up.

Ha, I figured you were referring to the Was (Not Was) song. My friends and I loved that album in college ("What up Dog?"). We actually shot a video for one of their other songs -"Spy in the House of Love".

Can't watch Paxton's video here, but I can picture it. Must be the same cycle of songs they use in the Boneyard. Wonder how much the Was brothers get in royalties. Did you guys take Paxton to the Boneyard at all? DD loves the boneyard, even though it is a hot and sweaty place. We've somehow manage to stop her from getting across the bridge to the dinosaur dig, as we don't need her digging in the dirt. She's never noticed it's there!

One of my few and favorite souvenirs is from WDW is a baseball hat from Everest that says "Expedition Everest Summit Team" but has no references at all to Walt Disney World and worn spots on the rim. I love souvenirs that aren't obvious about being from Disney World. That shirt would quality if it didn't still say DAK on it. Too bad, I would pick one up.

Too funny that you liked the band! Honestly, until I started writing this post, I had no idea who even sang that song.

We skipped the Boneyard this time around because it just looked too big and intimidating! However, I think this trip we will give it a try and let Paxton have some time to run around and go nuts in there. I might even let him dig for bones!

I like stuff like that too, so I can appreciate that. There was another similar style shirt but in blue, and I can't remember if it says anything about AK on it? That one might be an option for you instead! :thumbsup2

I'll have to tune back in later to see Paxton's video because I bet its a hoot!

Love the EE shirts you got. Sort of like a ski patrol shirt, but much more dangerous. :rotfl:

LOL to the lady's comment about the EE FP line. Wishful thinking, I'm sure.

More great family shots.

Aren't little kids weird with their eating sometimes? I remember the only time my oldest son had a good appetite was (1) when he was getting sick and (2) during a growth spurt.

My daughter and I LOVE the song 'Walk the Dinosaur'! And Dinoland! It is our favorite part of AK.
The dancing was really cute. I love the sneeze break!

That cup is so cool! I must have totally missed it when we where at the parks.

:cough:MattHochberg:cough:
Well, I do enjoy the Studios more than most, but at least I can pronounce Pecos Bills. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Oh my goodness, NO. What will happen is he will take a nice snooze in the stroller or the car until we stop moving, and then he will be wide awake! That's what happens in normal life, he may have still napped after a week in Disney World and just plain being exhausted, but it's not a risk I'm willing to take! By keeping him up for that 20 minutes it took to get him out of the park and back to the room, he napped for 2 1/2 hours! :cloud9:
That isn't any fun. We have the opposite issue with DS actually. He'll be half way out of it until we get home (back to the room on vacation) and then it is like the change in scenery just wakes him back up. We will typically drive a little bit out of our way just to give him a few more minutes to fall asleep in the car if he is still awake. He'll normally wake up when we move him, but if he really was asleep in the car, he'll go right back to sleep when we lay him down.

Paxton dancing was adorable!!

I used to love Restaurantasaurus, and was seriously looking forward to going there on our trip - then they took my favorite item off the menu (the shrimp po' boy). I was really bummed out by that.

Paxton dancing is so cute. He is ridiculously adorable!!

I love EE! That lady is crazy if she thinks the FP line is longer! :rotfl:

I have a very similar t-shirt to the one you guys bought! I have the navy blue version though. I think I bought it during our honeymoon! I almost bought the red one this year but decided not to since it's so similar to my blue one. AHaha anyway, point is, I love those t-shirts!

Thank goodness you guys were able to keep Paxton awake until you got home! I could imagine it would be difficult to get him down for a nap if he conked our in his stroller/in the car! I've been known to sing really ridiculous songs when I used to nanny a 2 year old to keep him awake in the car after trips to the zoo! :thumbsup2

I heard a woman say, "Look at all the Fast Pass users, I bet it is shorter to go the normal way!" I laughed at that as I breezed through the FP queue and boarded a train in less than 10 minutes.

Sometimes it looks really long because people get there 5 minute before their return time and they hold them up in the line. Then it hits time and they all take off.

Ha ha, I totally remember Everybody Walk the Dinosaur!! And the little dance moves!!

Paxton was super cute doing the dance in the video :goodvibes

I still have yet to see Divine :sad2: One day -- maybe -- fingers crossed.

(In my best 6 year old whining voice) Awwwwwww, come on! :rotfl:

No budging on this one, Dave! :p

My daughter and I LOVE the song 'Walk the Dinosaur'! And Dinoland! It is our favorite part of AK.
The dancing was really cute. I love the sneeze break!

That cup is so cool! I must have totally missed it when we where at the parks.

Haha Thank you, the sneeze was one of my favorites too, although I can only imagine how much cuter the dancing would have gotten if he hadn't sneezed! :lmao:

We saw the cups in a few different places but kept forgetting to purchase it. Since we don't stay onsite and get the resort mugs anymore, we try to buy the parks souvenir mug when we can. :thumbsup2

Well, I do enjoy the Studios more than most, but at least I can pronounce Pecos Bills. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Me too. It's Peecos, right? :confused3:lmao::rolleyes1

That isn't any fun. We have the opposite issue with DS actually. He'll be half way out of it until we get home (back to the room on vacation) and then it is like the change in scenery just wakes him back up. We will typically drive a little bit out of our way just to give him a few more minutes to fall asleep in the car if he is still awake. He'll normally wake up when we move him, but if he really was asleep in the car, he'll go right back to sleep when we lay him down.

He was really great about it on our first trip with him, but as he got older, he got to the point of not really being able to move him without him waking up and staying up. It's really awful! There have been times we are just driving home from the mall and I'm singing obnoxiously and tapping him on the foot to keep him up until we get home and can put him down for a proper nap!

Paxton dancing was adorable!!

I used to love Restaurantasaurus, and was seriously looking forward to going there on our trip - then they took my favorite item off the menu (the shrimp po' boy). I was really bummed out by that.

Thanks! :goodvibes It's one of my favorite videos of the trip because it's so hard to catch him doing anything cute. He usually stops as soon as the camera comes out!

It stinks when Disney gets rid of your favorite thing on the menu! DH and I felt the same way when they got rid of the fish & chicken baskets at CHH. But at least we can get around that by ordering one of each and sharing.

Paxton dancing is so cute. He is ridiculously adorable!!

I love EE! That lady is crazy if she thinks the FP line is longer! :rotfl:

I have a very similar t-shirt to the one you guys bought! I have the navy blue version though. I think I bought it during our honeymoon! I almost bought the red one this year but decided not to since it's so similar to my blue one. AHaha anyway, point is, I love those t-shirts!

Thank goodness you guys were able to keep Paxton awake until you got home! I could imagine it would be difficult to get him down for a nap if he conked our in his stroller/in the car! I've been known to sing really ridiculous songs when I used to nanny a 2 year old to keep him awake in the car after trips to the zoo! :thumbsup2

Aww, thank you! :goodvibes

I know, I wonder if that lady tried to test her theory and ride through the standby line? Because it didn't seem like it was budging much!

No kidding, DH and I spent a LONG time in that store staring at both shirts and trying to decide between them, but we both eventually decided on the red one for some reason! The blue one is really great too though.

Been there, done that! I have sang Wheels on the Bus at the top of my lungs to keep that kiddo awake in the car on the way home when it's almost naptime!!! :lmao:

Sometimes it looks really long because people get there 5 minute before their return time and they hold them up in the line. Then it hits time and they all take off.

So true! Especially now with the end time enforcement, it seems like people are crowding the FP area waiting for their window to open so they don't miss it. It's kind of annoying, if it's not your time yet, move out of the way so people with a valid FP can go through!

Ha ha, I totally remember Everybody Walk the Dinosaur!! And the little dance moves!!

Paxton was super cute doing the dance in the video :goodvibes

I still have yet to see Divine :sad2: One day -- maybe -- fingers crossed.

:lmao: I don't know if I will ever forget that dance, it is so burned in my memory!

We have always stumbled upon DeVine by accident in the park, but I bet you could ask a CM when and where to be so you can see her. She is so amazing to watch!

I'll have to tune back in later to see Paxton's video because I bet its a hoot!

Love the EE shirts you got. Sort of like a ski patrol shirt, but much more dangerous. :rotfl:

LOL to the lady's comment about the EE FP line. Wishful thinking, I'm sure.

More great family shots.

Aren't little kids weird with their eating sometimes? I remember the only time my oldest son had a good appetite was (1) when he was getting sick and (2) during a growth spurt.

I told DH, don't I look like I could really be part of a Mount Everest rescue team? :lmao: Yeah right!!

Yes, wishful thinking indeed. I hope she didn't try to test her theory! :upsidedow

Feeding a toddler has been one of the most frustrating experiences of my life! The problem used to be him covering his mouth and literally SCREAMING no when we tried to put a bite in. Now it's like we can't feed him enough most nights. A change for the better though, that's for sure. I used to stress out about him not getting enough calories, so this growth spurt is definitely a welcome change! :thumbsup2

Day 8 Continued: Saturday October 27th

When I left off, we had spent the morning at Animal Kingdom and had returned to Bonnet Creek for a nap. DS woke up around 4, a little later than we had typically been letting him nap because we were planning to stay out at the park a little later too and wanted him to be well rested.

We parked around 4:30 and took the monorail over. There were some Photopass photographers out by the train station, so we stopped for a quick picture before entering the park.

Photo0738_Four_By_Six.jpg

Our first stop was to pick up more SotMK cards for DH at the old fire station.

3237_Copy.jpg

As we were leaving with our new packs of cards, we stumbled upon the Flag Ceremony that happens at 5 pm. We had come in on the middle of it while in Disneyland, but since we were catching it from the beginning this time, I wanted to stay and watch.

3241.jpg

If you are in the park at this time, highly recommend you check this out! It's a really special moment that I don't think very many people know happens.

After the ceremony, we made our way to Adventureland. The park was pretty packed already because it was one of the only non-party nights so a lot of people were there with the same agenda as us, I assume, to see MSEP and Wishes. However, we figured Jungle Cruise or PotC might have a manageable wait. Wrong! JC was at 50 minutes and PotC was at 35! Had it been just myself and DH, we probably could have braved a 35 minute wait for Pirates, but not with DS. So we did the next best thing and let him play around the pirate goodies near the Pirate's League. He loved it!

3245_Copy.jpg

3247.jpg

3252.jpg

Once we got him away from there, we decided to try and play a game of SotMK in Frontierland, but there were long lines at the portals there too, and DS was not being too patient with us for playing. We realized the riverboat was just about to leave, so we thought that might be a fun distraction...until we noticed a smell emanating from DS. He had gone #2 and been so nice as to leak out onto his jeans! We ran down just as they were closing the gates and begged them to let us off to take care of the diaper emergency, and luckily they did.

So now we were 3 for 3 on missing rides, so what to do? Have some dinner, I guess. We were in Frontierland, so the logical choice was Pecos Bill's! This is what Frontierland was looking like that time of day.

3255.jpg

We tried getting DS a kids burger with fries and applesauce, but he wouldn't touch the burger and only ate the sides. DH and I both got burgers too, and took advantage of that toppings bar! Yum!

With still plenty of time before the nighttime happenings and obviously long lines all around, we were kind of at a loss for what to do. We decided to head over to Tomorrowland and hope we could at least go for a ride on the TTA! As we approached, we came across the dance party happening and stopped to see if we could get DS to dance any, but he mostly just enjoyed watching everyone else.

3256.jpg

3258.jpg

After a few minutes at the dance party, we turned to board the TTA (Peoplemover, whatever!) and actually had to wait in a line, albeit a short one. Still something we have never encountered on that attraction!

3261.jpg

DS wasn't too crazy about some of the dark parts of the attraction, but otherwise he seemed to enjoy the relaxing ride around Tomorrowland as much as we did! DH took at least 100 pictures while we were on this ride (not kidding!) so I had to choose just a few to share.

3269.jpg

Dance party!

3278.jpg

When we passed this, DS pointed and yelled, "Rocket!" We didn't even know he knew that word!

3290.jpg

Pretty Castle! But OMG look at all those people in the hub!!!

3295_Copy.jpg

One of the best images of Progress City DH has managed yet!

3308.jpg

He was just as excited to pass it up the second time!

3312.jpg

His first "big boy" ride from up above

3319_Copy.jpg

Can never get enough pictures of that beauty, right?

3344.jpg

As we were exiting the TTA, DH and I started wondering out loud how DS would do through a showing of one of our favorite attractions, Carousel of Progress. It's kind of on the longer side, and there is really no escaping it once it starts without messing it up for other people inside. But with no real other options and the theater loading in less that 5 minutes, we decided to brave it.

3378_Copy.jpg

3380_Copy.jpg

3385_Copy.jpg

3386_Copy.jpg

3390_Copy.jpg

3392_Copy.jpg

We were both so impressed with how well DS did!! A couple of times he tried to wiggle down onto the floor, but other than that, he was awesome! I think he actually maybe enjoyed it like we do, so it must be in the blood! lol

After a few more minutes at the dance party, we took our last look around Tomorrowland and started making our way to Storybook Circus.

3401_Copy.jpg

Continued in next post...

After leaving Tomorrowland, we made our way over to Storybook Circus to check things out at night. Unfortunately, the sign was not working properly, but you get the idea, I guess.

3422_Copy.jpg

The line was too long to ride, but doesn't Dumbo look beautiful at night now with the water feature along the bottom?

3429_Copy.jpg

3439_Copy.jpg

Since we couldn't ride Dumbo, we decided on another sure thing and headed over to the train station. By the time we walked up, they had stopped boarding, but we decided to wait anyway. DH got this photo of the train before it pulled off.

3447_Copy.jpg

We had a lovely conversation with the CM working there while we waited for the next train. She used to live in the greater NOLA area, so we were familiar with a lot of the places she spoke about. She really liked DS too!

3451_Copy.jpg

Soon enough, it was our time to board. Now that we knew we could take the folded stroller on board, we decided to do that since we wouldn't be taking the full circle tour this time. We said goodbye to our CM friend and boarded the train.

3459_Copy.jpg

3463_Copy.jpg

Love this kid!

3464.jpg

At the Main Street station, he was very intrigued to see another "train" (the monorail) while actually on a train!​

We exited the train at the Frontierland station and went down to find a spot for the parade! We have always watched from Main Street, but we knew by this time it would be absolutely packed there. We want DS to experience the parades, but we are just not the type that can plunk down to save a spot an hour+ in advance for it, so we took our chances on Frontierland. We actually ended up with a great spot right in front of a popcorn stand across from Pecos Bill's. Since there was not much space between the stand and the rope, no one could stand behind or get in front of us.

DS did well with the wait, especially supplied with goldfish crackers and juice!

3473_Copy.jpg

Finally, the parade got underway, and DS loved it! His favorite part was just waving at all of the floats, but he also enjoyed the lights and the music.

DS watching the parade(Sorry the quality is not the best, it was really dark and YouTube "fixed" it for me!)

3479_Copy.jpg

3496_Copy.jpg

3505_Copy.jpg

"What do you think of the parade, DS?"

3507_Copy.jpg

"OMG, MOM, IT'S AMAZING!!"

Actually, I think that look was in response to seeing this.

3526_Copy.jpg

3539_Copy.jpg

3560_Copy.jpg

3569_Copy.jpg

3571_Copy.jpg

3582_Copy.jpg

3584_Copy.jpg

3588_Copy.jpg

3592_Copy.jpg

3597_Copy.jpg

3605_Copy.jpg

Continued in next post...

As the MSEP continued, my favorite part of the whole night happened. First Snow White came right up to him in the stroller for a kiss!

3615_Copy.jpg

3621_Copy.jpg

3623_Copy.jpg

3627_Copy.jpg

Then the rest of the Seven Dwarfs followed and Sneezy happened to notice DS with a straight face. He used his fingers at the corners of his mouth to show DS that he should smile, which got a giggle from DS!

3634_Copy.jpg

3672_Copy.jpg

3677_Copy.jpg

3689_Copy.jpg

3700_Copy.jpg

3717_Copy.jpg

Once the parade was over, we followed the masses trying to get to Main Street either to watch Wishes or exit the park. It was a complete madhouse!! It actually got a little scary on that bridge between Adventureland and Crystal Palace, but eventually we made it out without anyone getting hurt and we stopped to find a spot further back on Main Street to watch Wishes.

3737_Copy.jpg

Nighttime Castle!​

I was really excited for the fireworks, but wasn't really sure how DS would feel about them since he has never really seen them before. He was asleep when we saw Wishes on our first WDW trip, and we missed all fireworks completely with him in DL. We put his earmuffs on and hoped for the best.

3755_Copy.jpg

3763_Copy.jpg

3772_Copy.jpg

3786_Copy.jpg

3836_Copy.jpg

3858_Copy.jpg

3877_Copy.jpg

3884_Copy.jpg

3926_Copy.jpg

So how did he like them? Well, he really didn't. He didn't freak out or cry, he just really wasn't interested. He might have just been too tired to appreciate them, I don't know. He wanted me to hold him when they started, and halfway through he pulled his earmuffs off and put his head down on my shoulder with his face turned into my neck, so he only saw the first half.

As soon as the last firework went off, we left the park and headed for the monorail station. The Express side looked packed, but it moved quickly and we were on the second monorail that passed through the station after we had made it onto the platform. We arrived back at Bonnet Creek at 9:45 and gave DS a quick bath before putting him to bed in the second bedroom. This was great, since we had to start packing...It was our last night at Bonnet Creek. But the trip was not over yet! We still had one full day ahead of us. So we packed as much as we could that night so we wouldn't have as much to do in the morning. Then DH and I hit the sack. Another late night, but another early morning awaited us!

UP NEXT: Can we make one more Rope Drop on this trip?

Aww, I love those little videos of Paxton dancing at Restaurantosaurus and watching the MSEP. He is so adorable!

You got some pretty nice pictures of the MSEP and from Wishes!

I have not seen the flag retreat but my sister said that it was pretty cool. It just seems like we are never at the MK at that time. Maybe one of these days we'll catch it.

You have great pictures of MSEP!!

We skipped it this time. It made me sad because DS and my mom have never seen it. Maybe next trip.

Aww, I love those little videos of Paxton dancing at Restaurantosaurus and watching the MSEP. He is so adorable!

You got some pretty nice pictures of the MSEP and from Wishes!

I have not seen the flag retreat but my sister said that it was pretty cool. It just seems like we are never at the MK at that time. Maybe one of these days we'll catch it.

Haha Thanks, he definitely keeps us laughing!

The pictures are all DH. And he took SO MANY. We were scanning through them fast in Picasa last night, and it was like watching a video of Wishes! :laughing:

If you ever are in the park at that time, you should check it out. It's so patriotic!

You have great pictures of MSEP!!

We skipped it this time. It made me sad because DS and my mom have never seen it. Maybe next trip.

Thanks! Credit for the pics goes to DH, who is always happy to play cameraman so I can enjoy with DS.

Hopefully next trip you can see it! It was our 2nd time seeing this parade, and I really like it. I was never much into the parades, but since taking DS, it has kind of become a staple of our Disney trips now.

The park was pretty packed already because it was one of the only non-party nights so a lot of people were there with the same agenda as us, I assume, to see MSEP and Wishes.
That's the worst part about going during party season. Those rare nights that you can actually see MSEP are insanely crowded!

Is it loaded??? :rotfl2:

He had gone #2 and been so nice as to leak out onto his jeans! We ran down just as they were closing the gates and begged them to let us off to take care of the diaper emergency, and luckily they did.
Well, they didn't do it for you, they did it for everyone else. :lmao::rotfl2:

DH and I both got burgers too, and took advantage of that toppings bar! Yum!
Can't go wrong with Peeeeecos Bills! :thumbsup2 :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

When we passed this, DS pointed and yelled, "Rocket!" We didn't even know he knew that word!
Little Einsteins? :confused3

We were both so impressed with how well DS did!! A couple of times he tried to wiggle down onto the floor, but other than that, he was awesome! I think he actually maybe enjoyed it like we do, so it must be in the blood! lol
Awesome! I'm glad it worked out!

As the MSEP continued, my favorite part of the whole night happened. First Snow White came right up to him in the stroller for a kiss!
And that's why it pays to go to Frontierland where it is less crowded. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter