Show me your organizers

Parkerpirates

Mouseketeer
I need some inspiration for document organizers! I know you ladies (and maybe gentlemen) have some creative ways to organize all your important cruise papers and copies of important documents! When you get all your cruise documents a month before you leave do you do anything special with those as far as fitting those into an organizer and packing?

I was thinking of making a cute cover page for a 1 inch binder and using a 3 hole punch to add papers to it. Or would that be too bulky for packing?

I just use a sturdy plastic pocket folder...sleek and simple. It's easy to put cruise papers/documents in and pull them out. It fits easily in my carry-on. It is able to hold the Navigators that I keep for the week on-board. The sturdy plastic pocket folder has done a great job through 10-plus cruises. :thumbsup2

I used a gallon size zip-lock bag. Pretty snazzy huh? :)

I put in our Disney Visa Rewards card, Disney gift cards, passports, hotel reservations, cruise docs, flight boarding passes, all of it. Then it went in my carry-on. Not very creative, but it worked well for me.

We use a Portfolio (cruising & WDW stays) that DW bought at Office Depot or Staples a few years back. It has 5 clear plastic sleeves on the inside. The first sleeve is for all resort related information, prior to cruising. The 2nd sleeve is the information needed to check in at the Port & any Travel Insurance paperwork. The 3 & 4th sleeves are for Dining reservations (Remy or Palo) & excursions. The last sleeve is for reservations back at WDW resorts & restaurants. Works pretty well for us

We shove ours into a manila folder that we hope we remember to bring along..... ;)

Tripit.com Pro or Kayak.com "My Vacations." Paper is heavy so I try to keep it to a minimum. -- Suzanne

I use a plastic accordion file folder for all my papers and door magnets. It looks kind of like these.
a4-size-pp-expanding-file-folder-14065518359.jpg

This thread has inspired me to raid our school supply cabinet. Great ideas! :idea:

i to use a plastic pocket folder with a section for each leg of our journey-flight to destination, hotel stay night before, cruise docs, hotel stay after, confirmations for reservations for any dinning and return flight home. as a p.p. mentioned it doubles as a holder for any items I want to bring home and not have wrinkled-navigators, napkins, photos, that sort of thing.

also, due to the fact they are so cheap, I keep all my travel docs in the folder when I get home so if I need to I can quickly refer back to things from that specific trip. they are lined up in a cupboard and I can get at them quickly if I have a question about something such as cost of that specific cruise or vacation. I don't scrapbook so this helps me keep things fresh and in order.

seems to me a binder would be a little heavy, a little bulky. the plastic folder I use would weigh less than 4 oz.

We just returned from the EBTA last month and I used a 1in three ring binder, I used tabs for our flight to Orlando, the hotel at WDW Orlando, the cruise and the cruise documents, the hotel in Barcelona the train from Barcelona to London (I used a plastic sleeve for the train tickets I printed out at home) and the hotel in London, it worked great for me.:)

1inch binder, with clear pocket on front for a fun "calendar" of our trip.

Dividers and pockets for all cruise, reservation, details day plans, flight, hotel and car renal documents.. And even park maps if required!

I don't find it bulky, slips right in my carryon with my ipad and kindle!

I use the fake leather travel folders I've gotten from CC or DVC. It zips and nothing falls out. But I do like the idea of a folder for each cruise with navigators and such in it. I don't scrapbook either and that would organize my post-cruise info better than I do now.. Thanks for the suggestions.

My tax dollars at work? Or are you home schooling? ;)

Now snagging work supplies...who hasn't grabbed the occasional glue stick?

:lmao: I used to homeschool, but I've always stocked up on school supplies when they are on sale. We keep them in a cabinet at home. So I was referring to our own stash. :hippie:

also, due to the fact they are so cheap, I keep all my travel docs in the folder when I get home so if I need to I can quickly refer back to things from that specific trip. they are lined up in a cupboard and I can get at them quickly if I have a question about something such as cost of that specific cruise or vacation. I don't scrapbook so this helps me keep things fresh and in order.

:wizard: You might have actually just changed my life. I always feel like because I have scrapbooked, I must continue. And I must save everything in order to make perfect scrapbooks. When all I really want to do is keep the knowledge to look back on. Archive it. I don't need a cutesy scrapbook; my family never looks at them more than once, and my own tastes change as to what looks nice. So I don't do it, hold on to the stuff, and just feel guilty all the time.

And now I suddenly found someone who has similar interests...and you're just doing it. Found a way to keep your stuff, without the need to scrapbook. Thank you. :yay::flower3::cloud9:

I used a gallon size zip-lock bag. Pretty snazzy huh? :)

I put in our Disney Visa Rewards card, Disney gift cards, passports, hotel reservations, cruise docs, flight boarding passes, all of it. Then it went in my carry-on. Not very creative, but it worked well for me.

Ditto on the gallon zip-lock bags. As much as I'm tempted by new-fangled organizers, I always come back to simple clear baggies. I had one for documents and one for small electronics.

:lmao: I used to homeschool, but I've always stocked up on school supplies when they are on sale. We keep them in a cabinet at home. So I was referring to our own stash. :hippie:

We've homeschooled for 4 years now and I'm still trying to use up the surplus I have from back when I had to buy supplies off the school lists. ;)

I use a plastic accordion file folder for all my papers and door magnets. It looks kind of like these.

I use one of these also. There are separate sections for flights, DCL, WDW, passports, and a misc section. At home it sits in the safe so I always know where the passports are and I can get to them quickly if I need to flee the country in a hurry. When traveling it's always in my Castaway Club backpack.

I like the digital picture idea. But if you have to have paper, then the accordion files.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter