• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Show me your MVMCP pictures

I loved reading this thread!!! Can't wait til I can go at Christmas! Hoping for 3 more years when Mom retires. (She can't take vaca in Nov and Dec)

This a great thread. We will be going to MVMCP for the first time this year and these pictures are really getting me excited.

Picture416.jpg

Picture397.jpg

Picture431.jpg

Picture440.jpg

Picture435.jpg

100_1831.jpg

100_1723.jpg

Oooooh, I'm getting goose bumps just looking at these beautiful pictures! I'll be there for the first time ever this December!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Wow, I love these pictures and I so miss the MVMCP!! We have been twice and I really want to go back. Maybe in 2009!! Thanks for posting:thumbsup2

I'm so freakin excited for MVMCP! Why does it have to be over a year away?!?! GREAT pictures, keep them coming. :santa:

Thank you for sharing these pictures with us. I will be down there when Christmas deocorations are up... but they won't have the MVMCP while we are there for Thanksgiving! :sad2:

Dh and I are going to our first MVMCP on Nov 10, we can't wait!! :yay:

99% (my estimate of course) of the MK decorations that you'd see at MVMCP stay in place from November through New Years. A few items are out just for the parties and then during Christmas week. Specifically, you may have noticed the railroad engine in the little park around the flag pole. Items are added to each corner of that park during the parties. Sometimes there are lighted candy canes about 6 feet tall placed in lawn areas around Main Street and the castle. Sometimes there's additional signage and lights.

Of course the cookies and hot chocolate are party-only. Snow on Main Street and the rolling snow flake projections are party-only until Christmas week.

And the big tree moves - well. just once. In recent years, before the parade taping the first weekend of December, the big tree is located in the rose garden area near the castle. Then after the taping it's moved to the location at the head of Main Street.

You might notice in some pictures of Main Street at Christmas time that the garlands that are draped across Main Street are missing. These are removed for the parade taping. Perhaps someone else can post how long they're absent.

So in true WDW fashion, nothing is just set in place and left to the "whatever". There's constant change.

Hi everyone. I love these pictures! We haven't bookd MCMCP (yet!). I am really trying to understand exactly what happens. Is it just a parade? I mean, I get in DW nothing is 'just'. We have a 3 and 4 yr old (or they will be at the time). We thought maybe they would be too tired.
ANyway, just wondering if there was a cut and dry explanation of what happens and all. :)
Thanks!!

Hi everyone. I love these pictures! We haven't bookd MCMCP (yet!). I am really trying to understand exactly what happens. Is it just a parade? I mean, I get in DW nothing is 'just'. We have a 3 and 4 yr old (or they will be at the time). We thought maybe they would be too tired.
ANyway, just wondering if there was a cut and dry explanation of what happens and all. :)
Thanks!!

MVMCP is a ticketed event at the Mk, so you have to buy a ticket to enter. There are lots of characters out, a special (and fabulous) fireworks show, and "free" cookies and hot chocolate throughout the park. Because the number of people is limited, the crowds just aren't there. As the night goes on, the rides become walk-ons.

OP - we went last year on the Friday before Thanksgiving. We had our winter coats on and we're used to Chicago winters. We would have been okay in a fleece and a sweater if we hadn't had the coats. Even my kids put on knit gloves before the night was over. It wasn't that chilly the rest of the week. I'd go prepared for anything and decide what to wear that day.

Thanks!!

There are number of things that happen at MVMCP including Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade (twice nightly), Holiday Wishes (different from the regular Wishes), Mickey's Twas' the Night Before Christmas, Celebrate the Season Show (on the Castle stage), Belle's Enchanted Christmas Storytelling, Character Dance Parties, the characters are dressed in Holiday atire, there are rare characters that make appearances (Bulleye's and Abu for example, also many of the Princes will be out with the Princesses), Snow on Main St USA, Carolers on Main Street, Holiday music in the air and all the rides are open. They sell a limited amount of tickets (at least compared to a regular day's admission). Lines are usually not as long (we walked on to Buzz with no line then stayed on because there was no one waiting to get on. BTMR was a 3 minute wait. Pirates was a walk on. The longest lines were for the characters, especially those in the Toontown Tent.

We've been twice. First time with out then 3 and 1 year old and the 2nd time 2 years later with our 5, 3 and 1 year old. I would definitely do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter