Show Me Your Love for Spirit of Aloha!

DisneyMomChristine

Mouseketeer
There are so many negative reviews!!!
I haven't been since I was a kid, so when I just snagged a reservation, I got VERY excited that my kids will be able to experience it with me.

People who love it - let me know!

a big love it from us. We went in 2010 and my kids were 8 and 12. Now people talk about it not being authentic but if you've never been to Hawaii and probably we will never go you have nothing to compare it to. The cove area is beautiful. The dancers were enjoyed by my daughter and I and the fire dancer at the end was a huge hit with everyone (especially my son who was 12 at the time).
The drink wasn't as plentiful as at HDDR but we certainly didn't personally need any more than we got. The food was nice (not outstanding but this could be said for most WDW meals) with the exception of the dessert which was pretty bad (the volcano dessert).
We all really liked it. It is definitely something I would consider doing again and it makes a change from character meals.

We enjoyed it. They start with this "story" about a girl leaving home or something, which was kind of boring. But once it gets to the more traditional dancing it was much better. There is also a part early on when the kids can come up and learn a dance. The girls liked that. The food was good, not great (the meat was a little dry, but flavorful).

We have been to the real thing in Hawaii but my family still enjoyed this one and would go again. I think my kids were approx 9-17 at that time. We all thought the food was good and the show was fun. The only down side was the table we had. We were in the back and it wasn't the best view but we had free dining so we really couldn't complain about the table. I'm pretty sure your table assignment(within the cat.) mainly has to do with when you book ....we booked very last minute.

It's Disney fun. not authentic. Do it! We do it every trip. A buddy and I booked in the 90's. Nearly split a twelve pack during the show. That was before the love story thing started. Now the wife and I go and nearly split a twelve pack. Food's good, music's good, service is good and now the dessert is finally good. That volcano thing was just YIKES!

We love it too!!! Definitely plan on going again.

The show is corny but cute, and improves once the "story" largely drops out in favor of the different dance styles. The food was decent we were there, except for the volcano dessert, but they've changed the menu since then and I believe they changed the dessert and a few other things.

We'll definitely be back at some point when there aren't so many new-to-us restaurants at Disney that are calling our name.

I went as part of a family trip with 13 people. We really enjoyed it. The food was pretty tasty and there was plenty of it! And the show was a little goofy but cute and enjoyable. We had a great time. I don't think I would go frequently, because the show would get old/boring, but would definitely recommend it!

We loved Spirit of Aloha! That may be one of the best times we had at Disney. The show, the eating, and the drinking were all so enjoyable! I look forward to going again.

We went a couple of weeks ago - four adults and a five year old and we all enjoyed the show. The biggest problem was that the older woman who did a lot of the speaking could not be heard by most of the guests. The dancing was fun and the fire guy was amazing, even if the storyline of the show was corny! The food was tasty and there was a lot of it, and the wine was drinkable, although not great. One nice thing after the show was walking along the beach and looking at the waterbirds. A nice peaceful way to end the evening.

We loved it. We thought the food was good and as others have said, the show is a little corny at the beginning, but it gets better as it goes on (and the fire dancers at the end are amazing). It's not something we do every trip, but it is a show we would see again.

Glad to see these reviews! We are going in August as my 7 yo DD requested it & I was a bit nervous. I hope we enjoy as much as you all have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter