• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Show Me Your Fish Extender!!

My DH took a trip to the fabric shop yesterday and I was looking through the box of offcuts and managed to bad myself some free material.
I happened to visit my mother and know that she has a sewing machine (but she doesn't sew), so I asked to have it.

I was so excited with my freebies that I got to work as soon as I got home. My kids told me what they would like and I went to work. I have only ever used a machine maybe twice for basic cushion covers, and that is as far as my sewing skills go.
It did not start well as I couldn't get the setting right and it kept jamming (or what the term is). After attempt 12 my DH stepped in with a calmer head and YAY, he got the tension right (even though I read the manual and told him). He is was my super hero. :worship:

I did all the cutting and measuring last night and today started to build my FE. I even had a go at stitching our family name on a mickey (not the best stitching at all, but I am not a machinist).

Not completed yet as I want to put something on the pockets, just not sure what as of yet.

F665F1B8-orig.jpg

EE77991F-orig.jpg

Bit blurry, but I took them on my phone.

Ours was hand made by "non crafty bone in my body" self! LOL, We didn't have time to order one when we found out about our 1st FE, so I had to compromise... this is what I created, and my teen daugher loves it, so we decided not to order one, and keep this one.

ry%3D480

I'm not creative either... Kudos to all of you that made them, they look great! You can order real cute, personalized fish extenders on Etsy.com.

Ours was hand made by "non crafty bone in my body" self! LOL, We didn't have time to order one when we found out about our 1st FE, so I had to compromise... this is what I created, and my teen daugher loves it, so we decided not to order one, and keep this one.

ry%3D480

How creative! I love this:)

Very cute FE's! For those that made your own, is there a pattern that you followed? I am getting ready to make ours but not sure how to put it together.

What about staying concierge can you participate? I've seen pictures of the gates on the Dream, we are traveling on the Wonder in November and I'm "wondering" if I should get excited about participating or not. :confused3

you can participate and be concierge...sometimes the gate is open and we can put the items in your FE or if we see a worker sometimes they will let us in or we can take them items to guest services... so go ahead and sign up and start your FE gifts:thumbsup2 You will have lots of fun doing it

Now the question is, where do I set this up? My cruise seems to be one of the only ones without a thread! I don't mind starting the thread, but I don't want to be in charge of the gifting process. I'm a newbie!

Now the question is, where do I set this up? My cruise seems to be one of the only ones without a thread! I don't mind starting the thread, but I don't want to be in charge of the gifting process. I'm a newbie!

I'm assuming you checked the thread for your ship and year in the Cruise Meets section of this board. If there's not an active link there, just start a thread titled with the date and ship, and Irish John will make a link under your date in which to put your thread. You can PM him to make sure he see's it quickly. Once people start to join your thread, you can let them know you're interested in participating in a FE, but would appreciate it if a veteran could step up and organize it. :thumbsup2

Enjoy your first cruise! I'm sure you'll be addicted once it's over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter