Show Me the Cupcakes!!!

I'm not sure if the boardwalk bakery has the smores cupcake but roaring forks at the wilderness lodge has them when I was there less than a month ago.

Had a quick stay at the Beach Club last week, and none of their cupcakes looked particularly special, so I didn't try any. However, after a california grill dinner, we picked up cupcakes to go from Contempo Cafe. When we were there in April they had a Red Velvet, some yellow lemon cake (forget the exact name), and the super awesome caramel dos leches. When we went last week, they still had the red velvet, but the other two were replaced by a "strawberry lemonade" (Strawberry cake with strawberry-lemon icing with a piece of fresh strawberry on top, did not try it), and a chocolate peanut butter cup cupcake, which was chocolate cake, with peanut butter icing and a more intense peanut butter filling, with a fun size reese's on top.

I asked about the Caramel cupcake, and they called over the cupcake person, and I asked about the caramel cupcake I had in April, and he said he wasn't there in April, so he had no idea what I was talking about. The Reese's cupcake was very good, but not as good as the OMG caramel one. The Red Velvet is a solid red velvet, but not necessarily go out of your way for. In general the contempo cafe cupcakes are on the sweet side, which may be a good thing (for me) or a bad thing (my wife doesn't really like them.)

I guess things like this can make advanced cupcake planning difficult. :sad2:

Dec-2011_1251.jpg

This is one of the best cupcakes I have ever had. It is the Holiday Cupcake, it came with our counterservice meal at Hollywood Studios Backlot Express. It is gingerbread cake with a cheesecake frosting. It was so good!!

:thumbsup2

Anyone know if the smores cupcake is back at Boardwalk Bakery? We're leaving in 2 weeks and my niece and I are on a cupcake mission! ;)

We were there last week and it was!

I wish I would've picked it instead of the one I picked. I got something that had an chocolate covered espresso bean on it (I can't remember the name!) and it was really dry and not that good :( Maybe it was because I got it on the way back from Epcot one night at like 10:00 and it had been sitting in the cooler thing all day?

We were there last week and it was!

I wish I would've picked it instead of the one I picked. I got something that had an chocolate covered espresso bean on it (I can't remember the name!) and it was really dry and not that good :( Maybe it was because I got it on the way back from Epcot one night at like 10:00 and it had been sitting in the cooler thing all day?

Yay!! My niece will be so happy that they have the smores cupcake! Must be a seasonal thing because someone had said that they didn't have them back in March. Makes sense...campfires are synonymous with summer and smores! ;)

Had a quick stay at the Beach Club last week, and none of their cupcakes looked particularly special, so I didn't try any. However, after a california grill dinner, we picked up cupcakes to go from Contempo Cafe. When we were there in April they had a Red Velvet, some yellow lemon cake (forget the exact name), and the super awesome caramel dos leches. When we went last week, they still had the red velvet, but the other two were replaced by a "strawberry lemonade" (Strawberry cake with strawberry-lemon icing with a piece of fresh strawberry on top, did not try it), and a chocolate peanut butter cup cupcake, which was chocolate cake, with peanut butter icing and a more intense peanut butter filling, with a fun size reese's on top.

I asked about the Caramel cupcake, and they called over the cupcake person, and I asked about the caramel cupcake I had in April, and he said he wasn't there in April, so he had no idea what I was talking about. The Reese's cupcake was very good, but not as good as the OMG caramel one. The Red Velvet is a solid red velvet, but not necessarily go out of your way for. In general the contempo cafe cupcakes are on the sweet side, which may be a good thing (for me) or a bad thing (my wife doesn't really like them.)

I guess things like this can make advanced cupcake planning difficult. :sad2:

That's the thing...they are constantly changing things up, even though they keep some of the old classics. But there is a bright side about being surprised too. Sometimes you stumble upon something by accident that you never knew about and you just fall in love! :)

I can't wait to try the butterfinger and the peanut butter chocolate cupcakes!!!!

There are several really yummy cupcakes at the food court at POP (they were huge like at Staring Rolls). We were there last April and I didn't discover them until our last day, but bought them to take to the airport with us. Can't remember the name of any of them (sorry), but they came in containers already and were easy to transport and my DGD and I absolutely loved them. If you're staying at POP, venture to the very back of the food court and they're in a refrigerated case back there.

Since reading a large portion of this thread, I will be doing some cupcake taste testing in Nov/Dec this year. I've always loved Staring Rolls. Their sandwiches are really good! Just wish they didn't close so early!

You can buy cupcake boxes and domes online as well. You usually have to order a minimum of 15 or so....but they should keep from year to year LOL (the boxes, not the cupcakes LOL). You can also check Michaels, JoAnn's or any other craft store and find a box with a cupcake insert...might be harder to find the 'extra large' sizes for Disney's extra large cupcakes, but worth a try.

I purchased some online last year, because we just needed containers to tote 1/2 cupcakes, since we eat some of it when we order it.....they worked well.

I'm not much of a cupcake fan but dd convinced me to try the strawberry cupcake on our last trip.I took one bite and OMG:dance3:I was in cupcake heaven!This is my favorite breakfast and snack at Disney now.I even canceled our breakfast ressies with cinderella just so I could have a cupcake instead.

I'm not much of a cupcake fan but dd convinced me to try the strawberry cupcake on our last trip.I took one bite and OMG:dance3:I was in cupcake heaven!This is my favorite breakfast and snack at Disney now.I even canceled our breakfast ressies with cinderella just so I could have a cupcake instead.

Where did you get the strawberry cupcake?

I got it at the contemporary cafe.It is wonderful!It has a strawberry filling with small strawberry pieces in it.The frosting is sweet so if you don't like sweet frosting I'd try something else .It isn't so sweet that it would overwhelm you though.The orange cream one is really good to.I got that one in the parks.I want to say from the bakery on Main Street ,but I can't remember.

They had a limited edition 4th of July cupcake. apple pie filling in cupcake topped w/ Carmel butter cream frosting. got it at Pizza Planet. wil try to post pic.

Here is a picture of the Capuccino Chocolate Cupcake from Pizza Planet at Hollywood Studios. It was my favorite dessert of our entire stay! I'm not a big coffee drinker, but it had a subtle coffee taste and the perfect amount of sweetness!

IMG_8722.jpg

We had this Capuccino Cupcake this week when we were at Hollywood Studios for the 4th of July Fireworks!!! It was delicious!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter