• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Show me the "bottom of your do list"- am I pool day bound for good?

YoMickey

Mouseketeer
Ok, so you've been to the world 10+ times. You've done your bucket list. You've done your friends bucket list. You've found every hidden mickey twice. You give your fast passes away because it's more fun to make someone's day than actually ride it again. Our favorite thing to do now is meet great people by the pool and just talk about life.

We've done Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Star Wars weekends, Epcot Flower/Garden. We've eaten at almost every restaurant including most signature dining except for Victoria and Albert's and the California Grille.

What we have not done is Halloween, Food and Wine, or New Year's Eve.

What else is there? Make a top 20 list and then DELETE the top ten things so I can only see the second half of your list. You can include family traditions, shows, photo spots....anything that makes your trip a little more special.

We've gone from a 7-9 day trip with 1-2 pool days to a 7-9 day trip with 6-7 pool days. We spend the majority of or time walking around eating and drinking our way through world showcase an the Boardwalk area.

Our AP's expire in June and at this point we may never get them again, at least not for a few years.

Looking forward to any and all responses- :3dglasses
Thanks-YO

1. Fish at FW. It is nice, relaxing, and you still have the Disney magic around you.
2. Drink around the world? Make TShirts for the cast members to write what types of drinks you had at each country.
3. Create your own scavenger hunt for each other around the world.
4. Make sure you do a history day, talk to CMs about the history of their attraction and visit everything from the original days.
5. Look at things in a different way. Go up to the castle and look at the detail.
6. Take very close pictures of items and see if the other one can guess what they are.

Just some fun things.

I go multiple times a year. Last year I spent 45 days in Disney. Since January i've spent 20 and i'm leaving again on Friday for another week. the last trip I took I bought all the "imagineing" books and brought them with my and went through all the details of the rides/lands with the books. Even though I had read the books multiple times in the past, it was a different experience being there and reading them. We don't ever have plan when we go anymore. We just go and do what we feel like doing. It's not uncommon to for us to hit 3 parks just for 3 different rides and thats ok with us. we already have seen it all before as well. For us its just a reality escape. I have also been known to spend a whole day in the parks and not ride a single ride! go and enjoy!

Do the campfire at FW
Visit each hotel lobby and take pictures, or walk around the grounds at each hotel
Visit the food court at various resorts
Rent a personal watercraft on bay lake (can you still do this?)
Play mini golf
Rent a bike on the boardwalk
Have a boat day where you only are allowed to take boat transportation into each park.

What about all the backstage stuff? Have you taken all the tours? I am debating taking a quick spring trip just to do a few that I have yet to do. I think the steam train tour is next on the list! :cool1:

We have been 20+ times and have eaten at all of the TS except for a few crappy ones, LOL. We've also gone at all times of the year and have stayed at all of the deluxes and DVC resorts.

So my listof things we do to keep it fresh:

1. Having a private event/scavenger hunt arranged through Gifts of a Lifetime
2. Renting a private cabana at Typhoon Lagoon and spending the day there
3. Spa treatments
4. An evening at DTD with La Nouba and dinner
5. Parasailing at the Contemporary
6. Segway Tours (2 of 3 of them are very good; skip the Nature Inspired one)
7. Victoria & Alberts-we go almost every vacation and it is still worth it
8. Take pictures of each other in every Epcot country wearing a stupid hat (yes, each country has at least one)
9. Find all of the pressed penny machines
10. Fireworks cruise (we prefer the Illuminations one but Wishes is good too)

1. Go during Food & Wine and snack around the World, but only at the special stands.

2. If offered, go for a carriage ride at Fort Wilderness/Wilderness Lodge

3. Go to hotels you have never been to and ask to see the rooms/suites.

4. Take the helium balloon ride at DTD.

5. Do the wine flight that is offered in World Showcase. When we did it, we were given 2 types of wine at each stop. We did France, Italy and Germany.

6. Go parasailing at the Contemporary.

7. Play "Where will you be?" Get on the first bus that comes along and see where you end up. This is best started at a theme park or DTD since you will have the biggest range of places to see.

8. Beaches and Cream - have the Kitchen Sink! (I've always wanted to do this!)

9. Play mini golf.

10. Movie on the beach at the Y&B Club (and you can always pick a pearl at the booth that's right there if you're getting bored with the movie!)

We have gone once a year since 2001. Early on it was just about getting stuff done, there is a lot to do!

Now we try to add something that we've never done before in addition to our favorite stuff.

In June we are going to spend 1 night on the Premium Package so that we can do some things that we have never done before. We will be doing a Bass Fishing Excursion, Around the World Segway Tour, Backstage Safari Tour, eat at Fulton's, Hoop Dee Doo Revue and Cirque (the last 2 we have done but it was way back in 2002, so it will be "like new"). The best part is that all of those things will be covered under our 1 night of Premium benefits. Yes we will have 2 fairly busy days, but it's gonna be fun :yay:

We are also adding new restaurants to our list: Jiko, Cape May Buffet, Yak and Yeti, and La Hacienda.

If there was 1 thing that I would love to do it would be to do a Hidden Mickey trip where I just concentrate on those. I don't want to carry the book around with me everywhere though and my memory isn't good enough to remember them all. Wonder if there is an app for those???

1 Visit every resort
2 Swim in every resort pool
3 Watch Wishes from the balcony at Poly
4 Ride a watersprite
5 Take a backstage tour
6 Food and Wine
7 MNSSHP
8 Eat a turkey leg
9 Go during value season with free dining :)
10 Not eat one chicken strip the whole time (yes I have kids)

We're headed for trip 45 this fall......many things have changed throughout the many years....but we've seen everything and done what we wanted to along the way and anymore it's all about the resort and relaxing.

We've narrowed down our resort, 10+ stays at Wilderness Lodge and don't even think about any other resort.

1. We enjoy the breakfast buffet at Trails End in FW
2. We enjoy a pizza and a few pitchers of beer at Crocketts Tavern again
FW.
3. Lounging the day away in the Florida sun, cooler full of iced adult
beverages at the WL pool.
4. Taking a nature trail walk over to FW
5. More time at the pool, catching the evening movie on the beach.
6. Night time pool swims, adult beverages, pleasant pool music....
7. The end..

Your thread is at the heart of Disney's transformation from theme park to resort destination and why so many people travel so far to WDW - even if they live near Disney Paris or even the original Disney Land.

In Disney "like' cue us guests:

1. Behave: while at Disney - we even insist our kids behave..."don't bother those people"
2. We like the other guests - "love that pin - where did you get it?' You can't have those conversations at your local super market-but you'll talk to a complete stranger in line for Peter Pan...
3. Learning can be fun and magical - Even when you pull the kids out of school-you learn right along with them. "I have a brilliant beyond brilliant idea!"-Hallie; The Parent Trap
4. The resorts and pools are absolutely fun...see the above three and combine them with the fact that you can enjoy sun and some warmth ten months a year...
5. We all become custodians - ever witness another guest pick up a random piece of trash at Disney? Happens hundreds of times a day...because we "love" that piece of Disney
6. Did you give up your seat for that pregnant lady - the guy carrying two toddlers -and the stroller, the party of twelve with the one person in the three wheeler? - We are more civilized...(usually) and we model being good stewards towards one another
7. You can shop without buying...I enjoy simply visiting all of the shops in the World- usually because the A/C is on, but many times I become inspired to re-think my office, or even colors in my family room...
8. Flowers, flowers, flowers. I am not sure the annual budget on fresh flowers, perrenials, annuals, water features, etc...but when you see an early morning crew completely renew a flower bed at a resort- or remember the flowers that used to be at the entry of any of the theme parks, or in the flower vase at your resort...simply refreshing
9. Have a Magical Day - Welcome Home . Yup. I know, you know, they know...but it sure is nice...my dog welcomes me home too, and Disney understands that we like it...
10. Laughing with versus laughing at...ever watch America's funniest home videos and then get mad at yourself for laughing at someone who was "scared" thinking- that may have not been very nice...at the world there are hundreds of opportunities to smile with, laugh with, and move in cadence with (sir, the line moved) other humans from continents near and far, with varied political views, strange personal relationships, and beyond me how they are all related family reunions...there all cheerleaders? Who can possibly be left in Brazil?
Hey kids...
We just spent four days at Animal Kingdom Lodge and Seven Days on the Magic...not one day in a Park...I didn't miss it.

We have gone once a year since 2001. Early on it was just about getting stuff done, there is a lot to do!

Now we try to add something that we've never done before in addition to our favorite stuff.

In June we are going to spend 1 night on the Premium Package so that we can do some things that we have never done before. We will be doing a Bass Fishing Excursion, Around the World Segway Tour, Backstage Safari Tour, eat at Fulton's, Hoop Dee Doo Revue and Cirque (the last 2 we have done but it was way back in 2002, so it will be "like new"). The best part is that all of those things will be covered under our 1 night of Premium benefits. Yes we will have 2 fairly busy days, but it's gonna be fun :yay:

We are also adding new restaurants to our list: Jiko, Cape May Buffet, Yak and Yeti, and La Hacienda.

If there was 1 thing that I would love to do it would be to do a Hidden Mickey trip where I just concentrate on those. I don't want to carry the book around with me everywhere though and my memory isn't good enough to remember them all. Wonder if there is an app for those???

Nice! How much will the one night be-what resort? Just wondering if this would be a good idea for our 15th. THX.

Ok, so you've been to the world 10+ times. You've done your bucket list. You've done your friends bucket list. You've found every hidden mickey twice. You give your fast passes away because it's more fun to make someone's day than actually ride it again. Our favorite thing to do now is meet great people by the pool and just talk about life.

We've done Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Star Wars weekends, Epcot Flower/Garden. We've eaten at almost every restaurant including most signature dining except for Victoria and Albert's and the California Grille.

What we have not done is Halloween, Food and Wine, or New Year's Eve.

What else is there? Make a top 20 list and then DELETE the top ten things so I can only see the second half of your list. You can include family traditions, shows, photo spots....anything that makes your trip a little more special.

We've gone from a 7-9 day trip with 1-2 pool days to a 7-9 day trip with 6-7 pool days. We spend the majority of or time walking around eating and drinking our way through world showcase an the Boardwalk area.

Our AP's expire in June and at this point we may never get them again, at least not for a few years.

Thanks-YO

Take someone who's never been.

The difference is amazing when you start thinking about things you want someone else to experience.

After 40 years going Walt Disney World, we are actually taking a break. Going to just hang at Vero Beach instead (DVC). Other than the MNSCHP, we've done it all. The good thing is it took 40 trips to need that break. LOL....we'll be back in 2012!:yay: Maybe Hong Kong, Paris?...... :cool1:

:goodvibes
What else is there?...

Thanks-YO

We went through same thing, and we finally realized that we should go to Hawaii instead. Still go back to DW when it's time for more than sun, eating and drinking, and we appreciate it more now when we do. :goodvibes

All good suggestions....thank you all. I will make a relaxed effort to add a few of these to my lazy trip.:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::thumbsup2

Some things still on my list (since my kids are small some will stay there for a while):

Photo session at the Grand Floridian
Grande Marnier Orange Slushie
Cirque
Fireworks Cruise
Hoop Dee Doo Revue
Tours, Tours, Tours
Platinum Plan for a whole trip
Stay in a Tree House
Stay in a Grand Villa

We go several times a year but the girls are only now 3 and 5 so we do new stuff with them every time we go.

Our Sept trip was all about the 3 year old reaching 40 inches. This trip is all about the 5 year old reaching 48 inches.

We alternate between deluxe dining and quick service ~ so now we try to only do deluxe dining once a year.

We love flower and garden and this trip will try to take a picture with all 75 character topiaries.

I can't see us getting bored until the kids are bored. :)

Well, we've still got a lot on our Disney Bucket List left to accomplish, so here are some of them....

1. Go to MVMCP again, and this time know what we are getting ourselves into! (we were given tickets the day of the party on our very first trip to WDW...)
2. Do the Kim Possible missions at Epcot
3. See all the country films in Epcot
4. Take a Segway tour
5. Play mini golf
6. Do Sum of All Thrills
7. Spend a day taking pictures without feeling rushed
8. Take the time to walk around all of the resorts
9. Have Dh get a haircut at the barber shop
10. Eat at Victoria and Albert's

Outside the World, but close by two of our favorites are:
1) Checking out the excellent Titanic attraction on I drive or if you are in town on a Saturday splurging on their special dinner with actors in costume that lets you see the attraction too.
2) Trying indoor sky diving in a Wind Tunnel at sky venture on I - drive. We did this with an extended family group ages 13 - 74.

Actually, though, it sounds like you are ready to try a new vacation destination. I've done 22 trips to Orlando since 1971. These days, though, our main family vacation is always somewhere else and I typically just come to Orlando for a mini trip annually (3 nights / two days)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter