Show me: photos an avg tourist may not take (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I get for posting and organizing my server drive at the same time. Here it is:

tourist_photo.jpg

Thanks.

Where is this?

Where is this?

It's in the Cast Member building across the street from Downtown Disney - the one that looks kinda like a big hat. When I was a Disney Store CM, I was told they had a small store over there that sold some interesting Disney stuff.

If by interesting you mean candy bars and sodas that are still kinda hefty in price, then you'd be interested. They had a few things, but nothing that the World Of Disney didn't have. ah well.

The whole building is just HUGE. That's the middle part. I think it was some sort of unfinished Sundial type thing. I'm not sure cause DW doesn't want to walk back over there again.

It's in the Cast Member building across the street from Downtown Disney - the one that looks kinda like a big hat. When I was a Disney Store CM, I was told they had a small store over there that sold some interesting Disney stuff.

If by interesting you mean candy bars and sodas that are still kinda hefty in price, then you'd be interested. They had a few things, but nothing that the World Of Disney didn't have. ah well.

The whole building is just HUGE. That's the middle part. I think it was some sort of unfinished Sundial type thing. I'm not sure cause DW doesn't want to walk back over there again.

You mean you can actually walk over there and explore?

I just thought it would be a big corporate-office-type thing.

You mean you can actually walk over there and explore?

I just thought it would be a big corporate-office-type thing.

Well, kinda. There is a guard in the building. We just told him we were going to the store and they had no problem with it. Of course, I stopped to take some pictures here and there. They are far enough off the beaten path that they probably don't have too many Park guests wandering around.

But yes, for the most part it is a office type building. Not 'Disney Entertainment' for sure, but still a fun diversion.

Well, kinda. There is a guard in the building. We just told him we were going to the store and they had no problem with it. Of course, I stopped to take some pictures here and there. They are far enough off the beaten path that they probably don't have too many Park guests wandering around.

But yes, for the most part it is a office type building. Not 'Disney Entertainment' for sure, but still a fun diversion.

Well, I am all about finding out about things like these, just to know I've seen something new or different.

Thanks for the tip. Maybe I can check it out one day!

Where is this?

Oh, I've been there. it is across from DTD and is some sort of corporate disney building with a huge sundial inside ( shown). You have to ask the guard to go in. It was designed by a very famous Japanese architect, if I'm correct.
Lots of neat quotes on the stones as I remember.

... and where is this? :)

That is in the Emporium on Main Street in Magic Kingdom , WDW. In the shop with all the princess stuff. If you look up to the ceiling there are shelves with this period stuff on them. The ceiling in there is also stained glass. Here is a pic of that:

2793238680102049028S600x600Q85.jpg

Whew! I just spent the last 5+ hours clicking through all 121 pages of this thread and am duly impressed with a good portion of the shots posted... there is some real talent on the Dis! I thought I would contribute a couple of my fav's.

This shot of Spaceship Earth may not be terrible unique, other than the fact that you can no longer replicate it (the acrylic sculpture is gone) but I have always liked the composition and color. Circa 1984.

19850101_000000-31.jpg

And this is from last Christmas, a stitched pano of Germany at night...
20071203Germany.jpg

And finally, my favorite shot from MVMCP from last Christmas...
20071130231225.jpg

Can you tell I like night shots?

Welcome to the Dis, Shan-man. Your photos are great... I especially like the shot of Germany. How long did you leave the shutter open? The composition of the first one is great, too. Any more circa '84 shots of things that are no longer around?

Welcome to the Dis, Shan-man. Your photos are great... I especially like the shot of Germany. How long did you leave the shutter open? The composition of the first one is great, too. Any more circa '84 shots of things that are no longer around?

Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the compliments. I'm really enjoying the Dis!

The Germany shots were 8 seconds at f8.0 (ISO 100) with a tripod-mounted (naturally) Panasonic DMC-FZ20.

I do have several '84-'86 pics, but no others that well fit this thread's motif. Is there a good place to post pics of Horizons, World of Motion, et al?

I spent a few hours at Animal Kingdom yesterday. Below are a few photos that I think will fit into this thread.

2768476451_8a3eaed3e5.jpg

2769301120_2aa31bef87.jpg

2768445177_a84c565878.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter