• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Show me: photos an avg tourist may not take (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy that took the photo said it was taken from the boat dock of TTC and I have taken shots from there and that is the scene you get. Why would you say it is photoshopped? Enhanced perhaps, but I don't think it is photoshopped as far as cutting and pasting.

It's a beautiful picture, don't get me wrong! And I very well can be wrong about it. I just took a class on photoshop, so I tend to look for it more, I guess.
I have a couple of reasons as to why I think it is photoshopped though.
1. I have seen this exact picture with no fireworks in it. (and cropped I beleive)
2. The fireworks are in front of the castle, not behind and hte scale is really big. I don't know if they have fireworks over the lake or not, but these definately can't be wishes if they are falling in front of the castle and over the lake. (in my opinion)
3. The castles is very close to the train station and it seems too big for the spot it is in. Which leads me to think this is at least 3 pictures. One with fireworks put it, one of the train station and one with the castle brought in closer. The other picture I saw actually looks more photoshopped to me because it is bigger, and I swear I can see the connection points on parts of it.
Again I could be totally wrong. But the castle really seems to big for where it is at on the picture.

I do love the picture though!

The only thing that I can add is that the fireworks may very well be in front. If you click the picture, it takes you to a full size image on the OP's site. The photo is labelled from Hallowishes. In that fireworks display, there are fireworks shot from 360 degrees around the MK, including from the lake area and/or Main Street. This would put the fireworks in the right place for the photo.

Also, his EXIF data (which I've learned can tell you the specs of a photo including post processing, though I don't understand them all) doesn't seem to indicate anything else. As for the rest, I can't say for sure. Based on some of the amazing photos I've seen from some regular posters, I don't see why this can't be an original.

The only problem that I have believing that picture is an original is the size of Cinderalla's Castle in respect to the train station. If the castle was that size in comparison to everything else in the shot, it would put the castle WELL over the 198ft height that it is. Now is that to say that all of this photographer's shots aren't BEAUTIFUL? Absolutely not. And it may be that the photographer's insight is that most average photographers would not be able to take a shot and photoshop it like that, in which case, BRILLIANTLY done. But I can guarantee you there is some post-processing going on there to put the castle in that view. Just look at any other standard shot of the castle from the train station; you get all of main street USA and the flagpole in the shot, unless you zoom WAAAY in. IMO.

OK, I had to find out for sure and here is a shot I took from the about same spot and you can see the castle does appear that close.

Proof.jpg

I'm pretty sure this picture is phtoshopped. So in other words NO ONE could take it.

The guy that took the photo said it was taken from the boat dock of TTC and I have taken shots from there and that is the scene you get. Why would you say it is photoshopped? Enhanced perhaps, but I don't think it is photoshopped as far as cutting and pasting.

It's a beautiful picture, don't get me wrong! And I very well can be wrong about it. I just took a class on photoshop, so I tend to look for it more, I guess.
I have a couple of reasons as to why I think it is photoshopped though.
1. I have seen this exact picture with no fireworks in it. (and cropped I beleive)
2. The fireworks are in front of the castle, not behind and hte scale is really big. I don't know if they have fireworks over the lake or not, but these definately can't be wishes if they are falling in front of the castle and over the lake. (in my opinion)
3. The castles is very close to the train station and it seems too big for the spot it is in. Which leads me to think this is at least 3 pictures. One with fireworks put it, one of the train station and one with the castle brought in closer. The other picture I saw actually looks more photoshopped to me because it is bigger, and I swear I can see the connection points on parts of it.
Again I could be totally wrong. But the castle really seems to big for where it is at on the picture.

I do love the picture though!

The only thing that I can add is that the fireworks may very well be in front. If you click the picture, it takes you to a full size image on the OP's site. The photo is labelled from Hallowishes. In that fireworks display, there are fireworks shot from 360 degrees around the MK, including from the lake area and/or Main Street. This would put the fireworks in the right place for the photo.

Also, his EXIF data (which I've learned can tell you the specs of a photo including post processing, though I don't understand them all) doesn't seem to indicate anything else. As for the rest, I can't say for sure. Based on some of the amazing photos I've seen from some regular posters, I don't see why this can't be an original.

The only problem that I have believing that picture is an original is the size of Cinderalla's Castle in respect to the train station. If the castle was that size in comparison to everything else in the shot, it would put the castle WELL over the 198ft height that it is. Now is that to say that all of this photographer's shots aren't BEAUTIFUL? Absolutely not. And it may be that the photographer's insight is that most average photographers would not be able to take a shot and photoshop it like that, in which case, BRILLIANTLY done. But I can guarantee you there is some post-processing going on there to put the castle in that view. Just look at any other standard shot of the castle from the train station; you get all of main street USA and the flagpole in the shot, unless you zoom WAAAY in. IMO.

OK, I had to find out for sure and here is a shot I took from the about same spot and you can see the castle does appear that close.

It's called forced perspective... Disney use it in all their architecture.

Wow, I haven't been back to this thread since I posted the pic and didn't know I caused such a stir. First off, thank you for the comlements on the picture. I can say that I don't even own photoshop. The only program I use on my pictures is picasa. The picture is cropped as it was taken in landscape, and it is just one photo. I did enhance the color a bit, and I did straighten it. If you want to see where I took the photo from, click here and it will show you exactly where I was standing when I took this photo (and many other fireworks pictures). The photography site where I host my pictures has added a geotag feature, so I have tagged all of my disney pics. So, again, no - the photo is not photoshopped. It very much is one picture. If you want to see more of the fireworks pictures I took from that spot, click here. If you have any other questions about the photo, or where I took it from, feel free to ask or message me. I don't have anything to hide. After the fireworks were done that night, I took one 8-second exposore of the view, and this is what I got from it:
medium.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter