Show and tell me @ the new mickey strollers!

Iott Family

DIS Veteran
Guests are talking about the umbrella mickey stroller you can buy on WDW property. How much are they? What do they look like? Pictures anyone?

Thanks for sharing!

The only ones we saw on property were the red and black Kolkraft umbrella strollers. They don't have anything "Disney" on them. Here's a pic
DSCF1945.jpg

They cost $40, and I've seen the same stroller online for $40 that included a stroller bag and cupholder too.

hth

Thank you for the responses! I am actually a little bummed that there is nothing truly Disney about these strollers. I was hoping it would have WDW or mickey and gang to signify its purchase from WDW. How nice would it be to have a piece a the magic to bring home and stroll around the babies in!!!

Again, thank you!
Cari

one nice thing I noticed about this stroller is that it has cusiioned handles and they are tall enough. Not like a regular inexpensive umbrella stroller where you have to stoop or bend over to push it. Not quite as deluxe as a euro style umbrella one but does not have the price tag either. Cheaper than several days of renting at the park and a great savoir when you figure out after you get there that your non stroller riding 5yr old needs one.....

I wanted to share that I purchased dd a Disney umbrella stroller at KMart to push her dolls in (she is a very tall 8 year old -7 when purchased) It is a nice stroller and I think we paid about 13 for it. Just FYI! I think it has Pooh on it but Kmart has a lot of Disney merchandise.

My daughter is 6 but only weighs 35 pds so weight is not usually an issue but she is 45 in tall.Just wondering if anyone has used it for a taller/older child.

If you google hauck disney pushchair...you can find a minnie themed one and a pooh themed one. I believe they are out of england but you may be able to get in the us..Have no idea of the cost

The strollers are coming out in different colors now ... I saw a purple and black one the last time we were there. We didn't get the bag, but it came with a cup holder.

They aren't bad, but I haven't used it for a taller child. Sorry I couldn't help out more.

Thank you for the responses! I am actually a little bummed that there is nothing truly Disney about these strollers. I was hoping it would have WDW or mickey and gang to signify its purchase from WDW. How nice would it be to have a piece a the magic to bring home and stroll around the babies in!!!

Again, thank you!
Cari

Hey Cari:
My sil sent me an e-mail with this link today knowing I would get a kick out of them.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=118135&fromPageCatId=110234&catNavId=118134
They look very cute but may not be appropriate for all kids as they don't recline and you would have to add a mesh bag and or cup holders.

They are very cute though :) I love the eeyore:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5854452

TJ

Hey Cari:
My sil sent me an e-mail with this link today knowing I would get a kick out of them.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=118135&fromPageCatId=110234&catNavId=118134
They look very cute but may not be appropriate for all kids as they don't recline and you would have to add a mesh bag and or cup holders.

They are very cute though :) I love the eeyore:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5854452

TJ

Ohhh my! How perfectly adorable! I love these

Thank you for sharing!!!!!:hug:

My daughter is 6 but only weighs 35 pds so weight is not usually an issue but she is 45 in tall.Just wondering if anyone has used it for a taller/older child.

Our ds is around 48 inches and he road in one back in May. His legs were scrunched up quite a bit but they weren't under his chin either. He is a tall bean and while he didn't use the stroller all the time it was nice for those times when he wanted to keep going but his legs just didn't want to cooperate. :)

I think the best thing about the Kolcraft they have at WDW is that it reclines! I love that option in a umbrella stroller. Even my DS who is 4 and doesn't ride in a stroller at home, rides in one at WDW and always falls asleep in it. I hate seeing all those kids in the umbrella strollers sleeping with their heads hanging! They must wake up with a stiff neck! Then the parents would try to stroll around with the bottom half of the stroller in the air! OK I admit I did that with my first child, but got rid of that stroller quickly!LOL

Are the disney strollers available at all the parks? I was going to bring ours from home, but if I don't have to drag it on the airplane i won't.

Are the disney strollers available at all the parks? I was going to bring ours from home, but if I don't have to drag it on the airplane i won't.

No - the ones for sale at Disney are the ones shown in post #2 by All4fun.

TJ

I found one at my local Goodwill Store for $5! I had NEVER seen an umbrella stroller that reclined! The handles are higher for tall parents! (Thank Goodness!!) It is GREAT!

It was my lucky day!

I actually bought my Kolocraft online before Disney started selling them. I have used them on 3 WDW trips - my boys were 2 1/2 the first trip, and 3 1/2 on our last trip. They were 40" tall on the last trip and we had no problems using the strollers. They have held up really well, and we plan to use them again in JAN. My favorite thing is that the handles are long enough that we don't have to stoop over to push them...very comfortable. I've had other umbrella strollers that actually gave me backaches from having to lean over so much. My dh is 6' and he is also comfortable pushing the stroller (I am 5'4"). Mine came with the cup holder and mesh bag...you could always just add a cheap mesh bag from WalMart to it.

One thing I would suggest is to put some kind of really visible marking on your stroller so that it's easy to spot when you are looking for it. A lot of people are buying and using them now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter