• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should We Share our BWV Studio with our 2 invited guests?

JMC

Earning My Ears
We are planning our first Christmas trip and as SSR owners were lucky enough to land studio reservations at BWVs. We will be in the BWVs for one week Dec. 23rd-29th, then we'll switch over to an SSR studio for the next week.

We've invited a good friend and her 13 y/o daughter to join us. They will be with us during the first week of the trip. So far, we've thought they would stay at a value resort and we would meet up every day (which they are happy to do). However, upon reflection, we're thinking that with the crowds, bus service and other logistical barriers to meeting up every day for park-going we might be better off all staying in the same room.

Is it crazy to think that three adults and a teenager could all stay in a studio for 5 days of vacation and not drive each other crazy? Or would the added benefits of not having to coordinate our meet-ups be worth it? I imagine if any one of us got cabin fever we could just wander around the resort.

Are there any seasoned DVCers out there with advice or experiences to share?

Nope. You're asking for trouble. I don't care how much you get along, being in close quarters like that brings out the worst in everyone.

NOT a good idea. :scared:
It is very easy to be in separate resorts and meet up at the park each morning - we did that for our Dec. '07 trip and it was actually much better than being in the same resort as our traveling companions. (I wouldn't even consider the same room.)

I couldn't share a room with my most favorite sister and her then 5yo son...and we weren't even sharing we had adjacent rooms @ Pop Century...and I felt like it was never over..................

I wouldn't put more than 2 adults in a studio. You have a queen bed and a double sofabed and 1 bathroom.

It is actually a question only you can answer since it depends on the personalities involved. However, I share adversion to such a situation that others have mentioned above.

I agree, it is not worth it to you or them, you could seriously end your friendship.

If there are problems and believe me there are always problems touring Disney with friends and family, there is no place for either of you to escape to. You will be stuck in one room.

Meeting up will not be that hard and you might enjoy some time away from each other.

There will be enough stress from being there on your first Christmas trip and dealing with crowds without adding to it.

I would never consider this arrangement. Not even for a minute.

So it looks like a unanimous vote. Sorry you asked??:thumbsup2;)

What an overwhelming unity of opinions!

We're taking everyone's advice and sticking with the original plan- i.e. separate accomodations.

If you're suddenly overwhelmed with a moment of warm and fuzzy feelings around the holidays, know that its the eternal gratitude of two fellow DVCers whose sanity (and vacation) you saved. :worship:

Absolutely NOT a good idea. Maybe we are weird, but DH and I would not even consider sharing a room with a friend and a 13 year old girl. There is no privacy for getting dressed, etc. other than the bathroom. Studios are pretty cramped with the sofa opened up. It is a good way to put a crimp in a friendship if problems arive and you can't get away from each other.

We're taking everyone's advice and sticking with the original plan- i.e. separate accomodations.

If you're suddenly overwhelmed with a moment of warm and fuzzy feelings around the holidays, know that its the eternal gratitude of two fellow DVCers whose sanity (and vacation) you saved. :worship:

:goodvibes I have a feeling you will have a wonderful vacation. :goodvibes:santa:

I think you've made a wise choice. Two families in a studio would have overwhelmed even the heartiest of Christmas spirits.

You made the right choice. If the Christmas crowds didn't get you, the cramped rooming conditions would! The only way I would do that is if you could waitlist and get a 2 bedroom somewhere.

I think my first reaction was to say "give it a shot--it's only five days." But the unified voices here make a pretty good case. This is a _vacation_-- you're already paying money to relax, so let both groups pay for rooms where they can unwind.

Good choice. Everyone needs a break from one another regardless of how close of friends you are. We usually go with a studio for me and DW, a one bedroom when we add my DD and a two bedroom when we add DS and DDIL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter