Should we see both parades at MK? All adults?

etoiles

DIS Veteran
Are both parades at the MK important/nice to see? We have no children and it is just me and my DH. I saw that there is a 3pm parade and then the Spectromagic parade later in the evening. That one looks beautiful with all the lights but I was wondering if we see that one if the one in the afternoon is completely different and also a must see.

Any views on this? If the 3pm parade is not a must see we would be able to take a break during that time or go on rides that might be less crowded during the parade.

;) My Dh and I do not have children and we do Spectro Magic (the electric, lighted parade) at least once each visit. If you have never seen it, it is definitely a must do--however, it is not presented every night. So you will need to check the calendar to see which night it is playing during your trip and plan accordingly. This parade is shown twice on the nights it shows. The 3 p.m. parade is more of a daily dance party (I think it is new for this year--someone will correct me here if I am wrong). I am sure the music and dancing is fun and you may be interested in doing it once--but after that move on and don't worry about seeing it again. You would be very disappointed if you missed Spectro Magic--there is not a parade like it anywhere. (except Disneyland):wizard:

DH and I have only been on adult only trips--if I can help you in any way just let me know :flower3:

Of the two, Spectromagic (in the eve) is the better show. The 3pm parade is geared more towards the kiddos, but it's still a lot of fun.

Perhaps it will give some perspective to know that we (2 adults) watch the 3pm parade once every couple of years (it rarely changes all that much), and watch Spectromagic every year or so. I think we don't prioritize them mostly because, as you said, we can ride a bunch of things during the parade, and also because it's so tough to get a good spot for the parade close to showtime, and we prefer not to spend our time holding a parade viewing spot for an hour or more beforehand.

Here's a youtube video of the 3:00 parade: Celebrate a Dream Come True

Here's some Spectromagic footage

two adults also - we do either of them about every 3rd trip. We see Wishes every trip. They are both worth seeing. Surely you are going at a non-peak time, which should mean you only need to plan about 10 minutes ahead to find a suitable spot - probably not on MainStreet, but you will find a good spot to view. Since Spectro is not every night, it will be a busier parade.

;) My Dh and I do not have children and we do Spectro Magic (the electric, lighted parade) at least once each visit. If you have never seen it, it is definitely a must do--however, it is not presented every night. So you will need to check the calendar to see which night it is playing during your trip and plan accordingly. This parade is shown twice on the nights it shows. The 3 p.m. parade is more of a daily dance party (I think it is new for this year--someone will correct me here if I am wrong). I am sure the music and dancing is fun and you may be interested in doing it once--but after that move on and don't worry about seeing it again.

You're actually talking about 3 different parades.

The dance party is the Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it! Street party. It's actually a lot of fun and a good chance to get some up close time with characters (but don't expect to get too many pictures as it's you and about 30 other people). However if your party isn't likely to want to get in the street and "Shake your tail feather" or join in a coga line then you could probably catch the first few minutes of MiSiCi then move on to something else. Right now it's shown 3 times daily so it's entirely possible you will run into it while crossing the park.

The 3pm parade is "Celebrate a dream come true". Its personally my least favorite of all the parades. It's slow moving and then there is this bizarre "dance break" where a lot of nothing is happening. It you've never seen it before and will never come to WDW ever again than I would give it a chance. But if you're short on time or are trying to choose between the parade and getting another ride on Splash Mountain in I would take Splah Mountain!

SpectroMagic is one of those classic Disney parades that kids and adults alike will love. I recommend that 100%!

I'm sure you all will have fun no matter what you choose!

You're actually talking about 3 different parades.

The dance party is the Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it! Street party. It's actually a lot of fun and a good chance to get some up close time with characters (but don't expect to get too many pictures as it's you and about 30 other people). However if your party isn't likely to want to get in the street and "Shake your tail feather" or join in a coga line then you could probably catch the first few minutes of MiSiCi then move on to something else. Right now it's shown 3 times daily so it's entirely possible you will run into it while crossing the park.

The 3pm parade is "Celebrate a dream come true". Its personally my least favorite of all the parades. It's slow moving and then there is this bizarre "dance break" where a lot of nothing is happening. It you've never seen it before and will never come to WDW ever again than I would give it a chance. But if you're short on time or are trying between the parade and getting another ride on Splash Mountain in I would take Splah Mountain!

SpectroMagic is one of those classic Disney parades that kids and adults alike will love. I recommend that 100%!

I'm sure you all will have fun no matter what you choose!

;) Knew somebody out there could set the record straight, thanks.

Thanks for all the info! I think we will stick with just the Spectromagic parade. Unfortunately we are going at a peak time (June 13-19) since I teach and I always have off the same time the kiddos do too.

If we are up to it and still in the parks at 3pm with no afternoon break then I think we will try to take advantage of the slightly smaller crowds and check out some nice attractions in the meantime!

The 3pm parade is "Celebrate a dream come true". Its personally my least favorite of all the parades. It's slow moving and then there is this bizarre "dance break" where a lot of nothing is happening.

Good description! A shame, because I loved the previous one. I'll skip this one in the future until they change it again.

Spectro? :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter