should we return to avis night before cruise?

kimba

Mouseketeer
We will rent from Avis (preferred) from MCO and are wondering if there is any benefit to returning the car the night before the cruise and using the Marriott shuttle in the morning to the port. I hear trouble with shuttles and also with rental car returns in the morning. Which do you prefer and why?
Sounds like when we disembark we will be in for a wait for a rental car back to WDW no matter what!

We have taken 4 Disney cruises and rented from Avis all 4 times. Dropping off is not an issue. We have never had to wait for a shuttle to the boat. Coming back is a different story. Plan on waiting any where from 10-25 mins depending on the number of ships in port.

You know, I've never had a problem with the pick up on the way back. It's always the day of embarkation. I've had to wait forever for a shuttle to the port after I drop everyone off and the car off. There is however a simple solution to this, a lot of people I know just grab a cab to the port or to the rental place. It's very cheap and MUCH faster I hear. I always contemplate it but still haven't gotten annoyed enough to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter