Should we keep CRT ressie for after PHM?

dminnie

DIS Veteran
Debating if I should push for us to keep a CRT ressie. Here are my random thoughts on it.
It's for around 1pm after PHM race. We also have ressies at BOG that evening. That's probably more than we want to eat after the race and 2 big meals way too close together. We've never been to CRT, but have been to BOG(that is where teen DD asked to go after she runs the race). CRT would be a surprise...not even sure if she wants to go there..or if she just never asked knowing how expensive it is. The food choices don't really look that great at CRT when I look at the allears menu...the cost seems ridiculous for one meal. And yet, so many people love the place. Are we missing something if we never go there? This is probably the only time we would decide to forget our sensibilities and pay that much for a lunch. I think I'm afraid of going there and then thinking "ok, been there done that..never again..not worth it" ...or will I just always wonder if it would have been worth it.

She hasn't mentioned it once that she wanted to go there. Maybe it would just be an expensive surprise that wouldn't mean much. We're already spending so much on that weekend. Someone give me a crystal ball.

It kind of sounds like you have almost talked yourself out of it anyway due to price and her not knowing anyway. Personally, with already having BOG and that being what she requested, I would cx for this trip. I wouldn't want to have both of those in one day. We have been CRT and enjoyed it, but more for the ambience....the food is just subpar. (at least the last time we went, which has been awhile to be fair)

pixiedust: for the PHM!!!

Yes, I think as I was writing it I was realizing that I was talking myself out of it. Just the price will make DH say let's not do it when we really discuss the details of the trip. I don't see anything on the menu that would really WOW her. She's did mention wanting to go back to Columbia Harbor House for the salmon there. It will just be that one day at MK, so we could go there for lunch. We did already get a nicer room than she is expecting, so there will be a nice surprise for her.

I'm so proud of her for doing her first 1/2 marathon...just want to make it a really special trip! She's just happy as can be that she's doing it at WDW. I'm probably over thinking the ideas to make it really special when it already is!

I totally understand making it special for her! That is really cool. Have you thought about something from Disney Florist (you can check out there website) or putting together your own little basket for her to have in the room? They even have gifts (of course they do...it's Disney! lol) for the marathons. Kind of pricey, but no more than a meal at CRT. Anyway.....just some thoughts :)

I think she will enjoy what you already have planned and the fact, like you mentioned, that she gets to run a marathon at Disney!! You should be proud of her!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter