Should we just drive to Hoop De Doo?

dudalu

Earning My Ears
We are going to be at Disney World next week on our first trip and are staying at Coronado Springs. We will have our own vehicle there, so would it be a lot faster/easier just to drive to Fort Wildnerness for the Hoop De Doo show verses taking the buses and boat at Magic Kingdom?

Thanks for your help!

If I recall how people say you have to get there, you'd have to park then use the internal campground transportation? You cant just drive and park close to the HDDR..

We are going to be at Disney World next week on our first trip and are staying at Coronado Springs. We will have our own vehicle there, so would it be a lot faster/easier just to drive to Fort Wildnerness for the Hoop De Doo show verses taking the buses and boat at Magic Kingdom?

Thanks for your help!

Until our upcoming trip. If not doing a park beforehand though then yes I would suggest your own transportation. If doing the MK beforehand then just take the boat from the MK to FW:thumbsup2

Until our upcoming trip. If not doing a park beforehand though then yes I would suggest your own transportation. If doing the MK beforehand then just take the boat from the MK to FW:thumbsup2

I would completely agree with DisneyNutz. It can be a pain to get too if not at MK. But if there, then take the boat.

The previous poster is correct. You cannot drive to the Hoop De Doo location. You must park near the front desk area and take an internal bus to the show location. No private vehicles are allowed inside Ft. Wilderness other than to park at campgrounds or cabins.

The previous poster is correct. You cannot drive to the Hoop De Doo location. You must park near the front desk area and take an internal bus to the show location. No private vehicles are allowed inside Ft. Wilderness other than to park at campgrounds or cabins.

Yes, this is also correct. You have to park at the main parking lot and take the internal bus transportation to the event.

Hi,

The boat ride from the MK is a nice enjoyable one - about 12 monutes - and the dock is a real short walk fom Pioneer Hall, home of the Hoop. After the show, walk out the door and turn right. Disney now has busses there to take you back to your resort, without having to go to the front of Ft. Wilderness.
Have a great time at the show!! We always do.

Peg and Bob

Hi,

The boat ride from the MK is a nice enjoyable one - about 12 monutes - and the dock is a real short walk fom Pioneer Hall, home of the Hoop. After the show, walk out the door and turn right. Disney now has busses there to take you back to your resort, without having to go to the front of Ft. Wilderness.
Have a great time at the show!! We always do.

Peg and Bob

That sounds great and easy! I hope they continue having the buses available.

We were just at Hoop de Doo the other night. (First time seeing it, by the way, and we loved it.) Although staying in the park at SSR, we decided to drive. You do have to drive to a parking lot in Fort Wilderness and from there, you take the bus.

We happened to think this was a pretty easy way to get there from our resort, since the alternative was to take 3 buses (one to Downtown Disney or a park, one to Fort Wilderness and the one in Fort Wilderness to Pioneer Hall. Just one small warning if you drive. Once you get to the parking lot, it is hard to tell if you are in the right place. It is fairly remote and there were not many people around. We just headed for the lights of the bus station and figured it out from there.

You'll have a great time!

We were just at Hoop de Doo the other night. (First time seeing it, by the way, and we loved it.) Although staying in the park at SSR, we decided to drive. You do have to drive to a parking lot in Fort Wilderness and from there, you take the bus.

We happened to think this was a pretty easy way to get there from our resort, since the alternative was to take 3 buses (one to Downtown Disney or a park, one to Fort Wilderness and the one in Fort Wilderness to Pioneer Hall. Just one small warning if you drive. Once you get to the parking lot, it is hard to tell if you are in the right place. It is fairly remote and there were not many people around. We just headed for the lights of the bus station and figured it out from there.

You'll have a great time!

You could have gotten it down to two - the bus from SSR to MK and then the boat to FW - -when you step off the boat there you are literally steps away from the HDDR building.

Liz

Just a note about the boats...following the end of HDDR, the line to board a boat is HUGE! You can expect to wait a while unless you are one of the first in line.

We always let the kids play in the playground right by the beach to miss the crowd for the boat

here is a map
http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/FWMap.pdf

you are parking in the Output Depost.

so you need to take a bus - that says Settlement - ALWAYS ask the bus driver. they can tell you which bus will get you there faster. To ge to Hoop de Doo.

now coming back you need one that say Depost.

don't know about the resort buses ALWAYS been there. first this is not a big area and there are way too many resort buses to even fit. (my opinion).

so I would also ask the front desk - if they have transportation to the Hoop De Doo show. It certainly can't hurt to ask. If they are picking up - they may be bring too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter