• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should we just cancel?

Rides aren't the most important. I do love everything down there. I definitely will be taking advantage of standby lines when necessary. Its always come in handy just being me and my mom when they take a party of two ahead of others on certain rides. Plus we made a FP+ for Mickeys PhillarMagic and now that I think about it, that's probably one of the only things we don't need a FP for. So we probably won't use that.

You can change any and all FP+ reservations you made.

Seriously you're a week away and you're considering canceling because of FP+ :scratchin... sounds a little dramatic to me :rolleyes2

After all the anticipation you've built up how could you cancel :confused: You haven't even tried FP+ yet, maybe you will like it!! :idea:

I agree with the majority on here who say to back away from the FP+ threads. I had to do that myself a few weeks ago when I got so sick of all the negative comments about FP+ that I saw on just about every board I visited here. It seemed that some people have taken this issue up as their own personal agenda to complain about any time the term is brought up (or even hinted at).

Look, everyone knows someone who you warn others about to NOT bring up a particular subject - politics, religion, the space program, Obamacare - because they know that will spark a rant from hell that will go on forever and you won't be able to get away from it. On the DISboards it might be a good idea to put FP+ in the same category as resort mugs and pool hopping. :laughing:

I used FP+ last October when I stayed on site. While I had the opportunity to also get FP's with my ticket at the time, I found that it wasn't necessary. I enjoyed being able to choose my FP's on the bus rides to the park AND the ability to change my FP's using MDE whenever I wanted to. I considered this a welcome nod from Disney to those of us who are paying more to stay onsite and I am (as always) grateful for the opportunity to even be able to afford to go to Disney at all.

Your trip will be fine and you may even come back raving about the new FP+ program. Enjoy your trip! :thumbsup2

Thanks guys. This is probably the most positive stuff I've heard about FP+ since they started the system.

Just one question, I just changed up our HS FP+ reservations and since we have our Magic Bands already, that should automatically be generated into them?

Just one question, I just changed up our HS FP+ reservations and since we have our Magic Bands already, that should automatically be generated into them?
That, my friend, is the best part of FP+. It's all automatic. :thumbsup2 You can change it as much as you want up until the actual time for your ride/reservation arrives. ;)

I can't wait for my 60 day window to open so I can schedule my ADR and FP+ for Illuminations on my first night there. I'm not getting in until the afternoon so FP+ is going to be my lifesaver for Epcot that day.

Thanks guys. This is probably the most positive stuff I've heard about FP+ since they started the system. Just one question, I just changed up our HS FP+ reservations and since we have our Magic Bands already, that should automatically be generated into them?

The change is noted in your "file" of information. Your MagicBamd links to this file.

You can make in the park changes at any Fp+ kiosk...CMs with iPads are located there and can assist you.

STOP reading the FP+ posts on this board.

If you insist on reading them, be selective.

Most reports I've read from people who have actually USED FP+ are generally positive.

There are things they like about it, there are things they don't like. But, isn't that like anything else in the world?

Back away from the Theme Parks board and have a great time on your trip!!!
THIS. Seriously. FP+ is NOT that bad, and if you use it to your advantage (arrive early, ride what you want, schedule your FP+ for later on in the day when the parks are much busier) it really is very convenient. If I compare a lot of the posts on this board to what I experienced when ACTUALLY using FP+, it's hard to believe they are even talking about the same thing.

Just the idea of someone cancelling a trip over this when you haven't even tried it is sad. Don't be so afraid of change. Just keep an open mind! It's NOT that big a deal, I promise. You might even like it... :thumbsup2

Bullseye said:
Seriously you're a week away and you're considering canceling because of FP+ :scratchin... sounds a little dramatic to me :rolleyes2

After all the anticipation you've built up how could you cancel :confused: You haven't even tried FP+ yet, maybe you will like it!! :idea:

Totally agree. Go and have fun.

DisneyAllyC said:
We leave in a week. All this stuff about Fastpass + is getting me down. I don't even want to go now. I've been waiting for this trip since July. I don't want to let this ruin it. If the standby lines are shorter, can we just use them instead?

Is cancelling a week before your trip even realistic? If it is and you wouldn't lose money, than personally if it was me, yes I'd look at other destinations or other things to see/do around Orlando, but for us cancelling a week prior has never been an option.

We used the FP+ and we had an awesome trip. I would ignore any thread that is negative about the new system. Some people do not like change.

I would suggest making your fp+ selections for the afternoon. In the morning, we found the standby lines pretty short.

Have a great trip.

Please don't cancel. We were there Feb 4 - 15 and we both LOVED the magic bands. They were so convenient and made life a lot easier than rifling through bags/purses/wallets for cards. FP+ wasn't bad, it was kind of nice not having to run all over the park to get your next FP. I did end up changing things quite a bit at times, but didn't run across any major issues. It was also nice being able to hop to HS in the afternoon and have a TSM FP without having to be in the park at 9am to get it. FP+ has some things to be worked out, especially for those that park hop but it was not the nightmare that it is portrayed to be! I have a friend who just doesn't use it because she just uses the standby lines. Go, relax and enjoy!

OP....Used MB and FP+ for our 8 night, 3 generation trip last month. I'm going back next month for a 4 night stay with my DSis using MB and FP+. Obviously, we've had no issues other than DSIL having to stretch to use his MB to enter the parking lot at our resort. I have the same problem using the drive up drop off at my local library::yes::

We were able to ride what we wanted and adjust on the fly when needed. My only negative is that I don't like having FPs for only one park per day. I like to park hop. But the positive is that we felt no pressure to make it to rope drop--we already had our FPs for the day and just choose to use the MDE app to fill in with attractions with shorter wait times.

We leave in a week. All this stuff about Fastpass + is getting me down. I don't even want to go now. I've been waiting for this trip since July. I don't want to let this ruin it. If the standby lines are shorter, can we just use them instead?

Honestly, I do not understand why anyone would cancel what's probably going to be an amazing vacation with their family because of what anyone said on an internet message board.

Some of these threads can scare the bejeezus out of a person! I haven't used FP+ yet, and I do have some concerns (especially the tiering part), but there are a couple things to really be excited about!! Not having to walk-run with people pacing you left and right to get a Soarin' FP (or, hey, actually being able to sleep in a little on Epcot day!!). Not risking death or dismemberment to get in on a little Toy Story Mania on DHS day...oh, I could go on and on about how relaxing it might be not to be the FP runner!

There's some cause for concern and we won't know till we experience it. But definitely still go on your trip, and HAVE FUN!!! :thumbsup2

I don't understand... you want to cancel your entire trip because of FP+, which you have never even used?

:rolleyes:

Come on people... just go and have fun. FP+ has NOT ruined Disney. So tired of hearing this garbage.

Ally instead of canceling your trip, you should cancel this thread.

Don't obsess about FP+ sweetie, you're going to have a great time! :cloud9:

and we're all going to be at work...wishing we we're you :wave:

We were there Feb. 12 - 18th, President's Day crowds and all. Used FP+ and loved it! Loved the ease and convenience of Magic Bands as well.

The Haters are scaring the heck out of people, just because they can. Don't let it get to you. Maybe you won't like FP+, but you will still have a good trip. But plenty of people do like FP+ just fine, even though they are shouted down by the negative voices on the DIS. Most of us who liked it don't bother to post about it because all we do is draw their fire, but we are out here still!

We were able to make FP+ changes the night before and the day of, multiple times on the busy holiday weekend, and were always able to get a time and a ride we wanted. Even the tiering can be dealt with if you just make a good plan.

Haters gonna hate...go and have a Magical trip! :cheer2:

Thanks again everyone. You've all been far more helpful than the haters. I'm just going to go with reasonable expectations and avoid using FP kiosk altogether. I'm happy with our selections so we don't need to change it.

Then you are being "Selective" in your reading... Even people who are very "Pro" FP+ are now grasping and saying the reason the negative FP+ reviews, reviews not speculation, are so numerous is because people are more likely to complain then to write how awesome something was/is. The negative reviews very much outweigh the positive.

Well, not really, in MK maybe, but with tiers in the other 3 parks, not at all. Unless you don't plan on riding any Tier 1 rides I guess.

But for the overall consensus, I would generally agree, you can still enjoy Disney, in fact many of the negative FP+ reviews have said they still had a good or great time, but they just don't like FP. Many of them have said they will not return until there are changes to FP, but many of them will continue to return as well.

Disney is still a great place, no doubt, and you can have a great time. But, if you sit down, and recognize that its not worth the cost for you, No one should blame you. For a lot of people, who are concerned with doing rides/attractions, FP+ is a major downgrade. If rides are your thing, if they are the prime reason you go to WDW, I could very much see you cancelling, if they are only part of a mix of things you like, I wouldn't worry as much about it, though you might decide afterwards that you might take a break, or not return to Disney .... I am sure you will enjoy this trip.

Very well said!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter