Should we go to Pirate and Princess Party?

Emily'sMom

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone-- I have been torn about this. Don't know if I should go. I want go, but my DH thinks it won't be worth it. Also my kids are 5 yrs and 2 yrs. and I am thinking the PPP is pretty late. But my DD loves all the princesses and I don't want her to miss out on something fantastic. So....

Is it worth it just for the rides alone?
Are the lines for the rides long?
How can I convince DH that we should go?
Why did you like the PPP?

Thanks!!

I haven't been to a PPP but I have been to MNSSHP. We were able to get in a 4:00 with just our party ticket. We rode almost all the rides we wanted to before 7:00 so once the party started, we could enjoy the special events. Once the party started, rides were almost all walk-on. Our DS3 and DS4 were able to keep up until about 10:30. If you decide to go, HAVE FUN!

taking kids, 5, 5, and 10 by myself--on the fence, as well about this. I am going to wait until I see the reports from the earlier Aug. trips. If it was almost certain to be nearly walk-on to rides, then I would go--just for that.

But, with a 2 and 5 yr old, I would probably skip it--unless the 2 yr old could take a good nap that afternoon. If you had antoher adult with you, you could split up and one go to P&PP and other stay home with 2 yr old--that would be ideal.

If you had antoher adult with you, you could split up and one go to P&PP and other stay home with 2 yr old--that would be ideal.

That is what I was thinking. If you DH does not want to go then he could stay at the resort with DS and you and DD could go. I enjoyed the party.

this is exactly what we're trying to figure out!

We have a 3 year old and a princess obsessed 6 year old. We were unable to get reservations for any princess character meals...so we are considering the P&P party to try and up our dd's chances of spotting Cinderella.

My kids stay up until all hours of the night often when we're not at home...so that probably wouldn't be the issue for us. I'm just not sure what the P&P entails and if it is geared more toward adults than children.

That is what I was thinking. If you DH does not want to go then he could stay at the resort with DS and you and DD could go. I enjoyed the party.

I haven't been (yet) going next week but I would definitely think about taking the 5 yr old for a mommy and me night and let the guys have their night.

Liz

I know it's not here, but somewhere else at Grand Floridian--this is usually easier to get--is that one book solid, as well? Also, there is a Princess Room at Mickey's Toontown----find out when it opens and go--they have 3 princesses and you get to meet each and have your picture taken with each, plus you can bring your own camera.

THere are a lot of special things at the PPP - fireworks, parade and castle showare all different! And there are other special features with Jack Sparrow and Princess Jasmine. I am taking my 2 DDs ages 5 & 6 - it will be alot of fun and we are not going to go to a park the next day.

Yes, that is booked also for all 3 nights we'll be in the area.
We even tried getting a table for 2 for just dd and I (and dh and ds would find something else to do)...but it was still not available.

The only thing available was CRT during the P&P party...which would cost more than twice the normal rate because you have to pay for P&P admission also.

I am going to keep calling in case there are any cancellations...but I will definitely try to find her in toontown. Who should I ask for the schedule each day? Someone at the resort...or the park?

post a question or search on this BB specific to the princess room---it probably opens up about the same time every day. As I recall, it might not be open when the park opens (maybe more like 11 AM??). There were 3 princesses---Cindy, Snow White and Aurora when we went.
When are you going? Have you posted over on ADRs wanted canceled, trade--you might get lucky with someone canceling.
Also, Princess Storybook has 48 hr cancel policy---if all fails, start calling 1 week before you go and call EVERY day--there might be some who finalize plans and cancel so as not to be charged to $10 no-show fee. Also, call each 48 hrs before---some WILL cancel out at the last minute.

In my opinion, it worth going strictly for the fireworks show "Magic, Music, and Mayhem". This may be hands down the best special event fireworks show Disney has created.

^agreed. The fireworks are AMAZING. Also, if it's anything like the first PPP, each room is dedicated to a princess: one room had cinderella, prince charming, suzie and pearla. Another had aurora, philip, minnie, and daisy. The last room had Snow White, The Prince, and Dopey.

Yes the fireworks are wonderful! We are two adults who have unlimited acess to the parks and both thought it was well worth the extra charge for us to attend PPP. The lines were minimal, the atmosphere was great, the fireworks as I stated above were out of the world and the entertainment was equally as wonderful. IMO if you go I wouldn't wait in lines for the candy, beads, etc we thought we wasted much of our time doing that and wouldn't in the future.

post a question or search on this BB specific to the princess room---it probably opens up about the same time every day. As I recall, it might not be open when the park opens (maybe more like 11 AM??). There were 3 princesses---Cindy, Snow White and Aurora when we went.
When are you going? Have you posted over on ADRs wanted canceled, trade--you might get lucky with someone canceling.
Also, Princess Storybook has 48 hr cancel policy---if all fails, start calling 1 week before you go and call EVERY day--there might be some who finalize plans and cancel so as not to be charged to $10 no-show fee. Also, call each 48 hrs before---some WILL cancel out at the last minute.

Thanks - I will try that
We will be there August 27th-29th, and can't do the storybook one as we aren't planning on going to Epcot this time. (and from what I've read...Cinderella isn't guaranteed to be at that one anyway...right?)
So we really need to hope for 1900 park fare or CRT to open up.

I will go look for the wanted/cancelled/trade thread now.

Thanks for your help!

I missed out on this in the winter as I'd just visited WDW in December of last year. So not only are the kids and I doing the P&P party in August but we're doing it TWICE! :banana: :banana: :banana: All of the reviews I've heard about the party are awesome and I can't wait to see and videotape the fireworks!

My kids were 20 months and almost 5 when we went in February 2007. They loved it. We were able to see characters, hit the dance parties and walk right on Splash Mt., Big Thunder RR, etc.. We are going back in Jan 2008 and intend to do the Pirate and Princess Party again. Just nap your kids mid-day and they should be fine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter