should we go to Discovery Cove?

padawan_newt

Earning My Ears
We leave for Orlando next week and I just found out about Discovery Cove. We would do the not-swimming-with-the-dolphins package (our daughter is 5). Should we? It seems so expensive, and someone's trip report said the water was uncomfortably cold. If we didn't do DC, we would go to SW, at about 1/2 the expense. Opinions?

Considering the cost, I would skip DC until your daughter is old enough to swim with the dolphins. That was the part of DC that my daughter (8) loved the most, and still talks about.

Spend your time at Seaworld, they have alot of fun shows.

I personally think the cost at $80 without the swim is great. i mean your lunch is payed for and that is normally $10-$20 at a park. I would go there.

Remember the 7 day free admission to Sea World as well. ...

And that adds up!

I would do it.

My only rservation would be that your child is not wuite old enough to swim with the dolphins. Otherwise, I highly recommend Discovery Cove.

You couldn't go if you wanted too on such short notice. You need to make reservations in advance, and they sell out.
If you go on their web site, and act like you're going to book a vacation, a calendar will come up with the available days. Don't worry, it asks for the credit card at the end, and they won't hassle you after you enter your e-mail address. They're usually sold out 1 month into the future, sometimes even 2 months.

A 5 year old is kinda young for DC. At that age they won't really understand how big of a deal it is to visit this park, and they can't go for the dolphin swim and the water will be cold to them. Whereas my 10 year old daughter is the one who wanted to go after feeding the dolphins at SWF. She knew this was a big deal to go, and appreciated it. And after we got into the water, she didn't care about it being cold.

Yes, save your money and wait.

I personally think the cost at $80 without the swim is great. i mean your lunch is payed for and that is normally $10-$20 at a park. I would go there.
Did I miss some great discount? We are paying $109 for the ones who are not doing the dolphin swim. Incidentally we are going with me, my dh, and my 11 yo son who will be doing the dolphin swim, and my 9 yo son, my 6 yo daughter, my 4 yo daughter, and my 20 month old daughter. My mom and dad will be there too when the kids want to take a break from swimming and we don't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter