Should we get a touring plan?

patty57

DIS Veteran
We will be at WDW Dec. 24-28. DS 17 and DS 15 sleep late. I know we should be at the parks at rope drop, but we won't. It will be late morning or early afternoon. In the past, we haven't had a touring plan and have done most of the rides we want during the late EMH at the parks without much of a problem. We've even gotten away with this over New Years before. Will a touring plan be helpful for people who get to the parks late, or only those who get there early? :thanks: for any help with this.

Patty

As you pretty much stated, most of the structured touring plans have you getting there at rope drop.

You might try RideMax which lets you create your own timed plan, but that program does not support plans during the EMHs except for at MK, I think (and it might only be morning EMHs at MK - I can't remember).

I think it would be kind of crazy to go during those dates and not arrive at RD, but that's me and you said you've done it before, so I guess it works for you.

Hey Patty;

I've been to WDW 18 times....and I've "Never Ever Rope Dropped" (Hence "NERD")...

Our most recent visit was July '08 with (then) me, DH, DS16, DSD15, DSD14..

We did ....as usual...one park per day...and saw everything we wanted to without Rope Drop.

Teens are SO much easier to visit WDW with...no 'melt downs'...you can do Single Rider....and skip most of the "long line" small kids attractions....AND be there ALL DAY.... we also take advantage of "Extra Evening Magic Hours" which to some on disboards is a "no-no"...to each his own...

I'll be happy to give you our touring plans (For Free)...which worked great for us...with kids the same age group ... From there...you can find out other options and alternatives on disboards and make the best plan that suits you......

Have a Magical Visit!

Mary

The only thing I would worry about are the parks reaching capacity. I would assume Christmas day will be packed!!
That being said, I have never made it to rope drop either. We have done a few early breakfasts, but that is about it. We like to sleep in a bit and not be on the go the whole time. I do have a general idea of which park we will be at and on which day. I also have a general idea of what rides and attractions to do at different times.
I have used RideMax before and I love it! It really helps for those late start mornings especially!

During those dates I would definitely prefer to have a touring plan. It will be super busy those days.

www.touringplans.com is a subscription service, but it's like $9 bucks for a year and well worth the investment, IMO. They have several plans that start in the late morning, afternoon, and evening, so there might be several plans that would be of help to you.

Don't the parks often reach capacity during that week? I'm not sure you'll even get in if you're not there at rope drop. (Oops, missed dreamergirl's post saying the same thing.)

Hey Patty;

I've been to WDW 18 times....and I've "Never Ever Rope Dropped" (Hence "NERD")...

We did ....as usual...one park per day...and saw everything we wanted to without Rope Drop.

Teens are SO much easier to visit WDW with...no 'melt downs'...you can do Single Rider....and skip most of the "long line" small kids attractions....AND be there ALL DAY.... we also take advantage of "Extra Evening Magic Hours" which to some on disboards is a "no-no"...to each his own...

I'll be happy to give you our touring plans (For Free)...which worked great for us...with kids the same age group ... From there...you can find out other options and alternatives on disboards and make the best plan that suits you......

Have a Magical Visit!

Mary

I would love to see these touring plans too!!

On another thread, it was said that the parks close for capacity between Christmas and NYE. I was hoping that applies mostly to MK on Christmas Day and NYE... what about DHS or Epcott during the time between? Anyone know?

Off topic to Yourmaire83: we our foster parents for Basset hounds, and we have our own Basset Baby too. Hugs to Beauford!! :thumbsup2

Hey Patty;

Have a Magical Visit!

Mary

Sent you a PM. :) Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter