Should we get 1 or 2 campsites?

stobaugh6

Mouseketeer
We are tent camping in November for 2 weeks. This is our first time to camp at Fort Wilderness. There will be 9 people in our group (2 adults and 7 kiddos ages 14, 12, 9, 9, 7, 3, and 2). We have 2 very large tents. I would like to just get one campsite, but I am wondering if the campsites are really big enough for two large tents. Should we go ahead and book 2 sites?? Or do you think 1 will be large enough? Thank you so much for the help!!:)

You are Ok with 1 site I have seen 6 tent and alot more people on 1 site

You may want to double check the max # of people on the site. Have you requested a loop? I was in 300 had a RV and family tent . Worked well. but I doubt you could get 2 family tents on the sand pad in this loop. Then the option for the 2nd tent would be on tent on the concrete.

Don't know about the tent only sites, just thought I would through it out there.

Slept on a cot for two weeks with a air mattress worked pretty well

you could consider a different type of site e.g premium as they are larger overall but you would be tenting on the concrete rather than the pad. We get our 35' camper + 17' car on a premium site easily.

you could consider a different type of site e.g premium as they are larger overall but you would be tenting on the concrete rather than the pad. We get our 35' camper + 17' car on a premium site easily.

How would one stake a tent on concrete ;)

How would one stake a tent on concrete ;)

Our tent is a dome, and it doesn't need to be staked. We can just assemble it, pick it up and move it where we want. Putting gear inside would help it stay put.

We've put it up like this before with no problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter