Should we embroider our stroller?

Wcpedorc

Mouseketeer
My wife and I have visited the world a handful of times, but this past August was our first trip with our ds1. Well our first after he was born. We took our stroller a mountain buggy urban, and despite some warnings from the boards we did not find it to big, and loved the maneuverability. We did worry about it being stolen, since a friend lost theirs, which leads me to my question. Is it a good idea to have the canopy embroidered? We were thinking of last name and maybe a design. Any experience here? Please share. We did not pay a lot for the stroller second hand, but can't afford to replace it. Thanks

I wouldn't if you plan to sell it at all (and I would think a mountain buggy will always sell well). Just bring a bike lock and lock the wheels of the stroller together. That's what we do with our Bob. Just don't lock the stroller to anything else, just itself.

Well I only paid $10 for it so if it hurts the resale value we would be ok. We have a thrift store nearby and you can find some great deals. I would never be able to swing one of these on my church salary, thats why we are worried about losing it. I have heard that locking the wheels makes it hard for CM's to move them. Do you think it would deter theft?

If you want a way to embroider the stroller but remove the decor for resale, find someone with an embroidery design to do what you want on felt, then hand-stitch it onto the canopy. Much more removable than embroidering the stroller itself (and easier too, IMO) but still permanent enough to dissuade a potential thief.

Personally I wouldn't bother with the lock. It seems like it'd be a huge hassle for as much stop-and-go as is involved in touring the parks. I'd stick with some sort of creative, permanent or semi-permanent personalization and a little bit of faith.

We take our Mountain Buggy and we got it for a great deal. $25, gotta love flea markets! Anyway, we use a bike lock on our wheels. The stroller is light enough that I think the cast member just drags it if they need to move it. I know it's probably a pain on the cast members, but the thought of loosing it, yikes... If you can swing getting in embroidered it would be a great way to spot it.

I don't think I'd embroider a stroller. You can find less permanent ways to personalize it so you can find it easily.
We never had a stroller issue although once someone stole our ponchos from underneath our stroller!
Jerks!

We have used less permanent ways, like DISigner license plates, and a flag, we are looking for a more permanent way to avoid theft, I know people say it won't happen, but it did to a friend, and although we paid very little, we can't afford to replace it, so a $25 embroidery job, might make someone decide not to take it, and make us feel better. I think the other things that are less permanent could be easily removed if someone wanted to take it, right?

Embroider the stroller.
I have a baby girl and while it would be great to resell some of her stuff when she's out grown it, I also can't afford to replace things that get stolen or misplaced. You got your very nice stroller for a bargain, and you want to keep it. Put your name on it. My daughter's name is in/on everything that goes with her to playschool, not because I'm afraid of theft but because I don't want her things to get mixed up. If I resell her gently used clothes and toys and someone really doesn't want them because they have her initials inside, then I'm sure there's a charity somewhere that will happily take them. Our name is on all our camping gear, my husband's tools, luggage, and anything else that we would be sad to lose and have trouble replacing.

We have used less permanent ways, like DISigner license plates, and a flag, we are looking for a more permanent way to avoid theft, I know people say it won't happen, but it did to a friend, and although we paid very little, we can't afford to replace it, so a $25 embroidery job, might make someone decide not to take it, and make us feel better. I think the other things that are less permanent could be easily removed if someone wanted to take it, right?

Yes, they could but look at it from a potential thief's point of view... At Disney World, with literally hundreds of strollers lined up side-by-side, many of them fairly high end, why take the one that stands out when there are easier/less conspicuous targets available? It doesn't have to be foolproof; it just has to be a deterrent.

Colleen27 said:
Yes, they could but look at it from a potential thief's point of view... At Disney World, with literally hundreds of strollers lined up side-by-side, many of them fairly high end, why take the one that stands out when there are easier/less conspicuous targets available? It doesn't have to be foolproof; it just has to be a deterrent.

One would think, but our friends bob had lights on it. You don't get much more conspicuous than that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter