Should we do the Hoop-de-do?

TTA Deb said:
We've never done the Hoop-de-do. Our daughter really wants to go in June. Could someone please describe it? Would you recommend it or not? Thanks!

We took our boys (5/3) last week during our trip - it was the absolute highlight of our trip. I can't recommend it strongly enough.

Thanks for the information, everyone. Sounds like it's a very popular show, so if we can get a reservation, we're going to go! Deb

After reading everyone's thoughts about the HDDR we really want to see it. Just wondering if anybody has done it on Xmas day, because I'm thinking it might be kind of special to do something so memorable on xmas. I'm really having a hard time deciding where to have Xmas dinner, my other idea was at CG(timed to see the fireworks). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks to all your comments I am now considering it for our trip in June. Please tellme how does it feel to go at that time during the summer? Is it unbelievable hot at the restraunt? It is outside right? :confused3

GONETODISNEY said:
Thanks to all your comments I am now considering it for our trip in June. Please tellme how does it feel to go at that time during the summer? Is it unbelievable hot at the restraunt? It is outside right? :confused3

Oh my god no, it is not outside. It is in Pioneer Hall on Fort Wilderness campgrounds. The one thing I always remember about HDD, is that they PUMP the air conditioning in Pioneer Hall. It is always so blessedly cool in there. We always do the 5:30 show and it is usually stinking hot then. The HDD is a great respite after being in the park all day.

I had mixed feelings about making my surprise ADR's for my 10 & 11 year old boys. They both had a BLAST. Our trip was 6 months ago and they STILL sing the opening song. They LOVED it. They are helping plan our next trip, and it is on the top of their list of things to see. :cool1:

I guess it is worth the 2 SD for the DP then? We want to do CRT and this and I'm nervous about the DP...I saw a couple of posts that mention paying for the CRT OOP? Any thoughts on these two choices?

Ok we all, I am sure, have GOT to see this picture! You can't expect to come on here and tell us that and then no expect to show all!!!!

LBKMAMA said:
I guess it is worth the 2 SD for the DP then? We want to do CRT and this and I'm nervous about the DP...I saw a couple of posts that mention paying for the CRT OOP? Any thoughts on these two choices?

We used our two TS's on the dining plan. It was more than worth it. We were lucky enough that one of the days we were all so stuffed from eating like Vikings the days before that we didn't want a big meal one of the days.
(We also stayed concierge at WL, so we eat a small meal there one of the days!)

You can get a full meal at the counter service for a family of four for $40. I found that a CS meal was more than filling for me at dinner time.

It was definitely a highlight for our whole family last year! I would recommend it to anyone. The food was good and plenitful and the show was amazing!!!

We went last August. We are returning to Disney in November. When I was asked my kids where they wanted to eat this time, my 13 year old said he wanted to go back to the Hoop De Doo review. He said that was his favorite dinner of the trip. He liked the food and the entertainment. It's definately worth going at least once.

Max is my favorite cat! :love:

I believe they announce birthdays and anniversaries and special occasions.
:cool1:

It is a great place, you'll love it.

YO

I say it's a no miss. Kids ages 3,6,9,11,13 loved it and the food. We loved and my mom who is deaf, even loved it and was so glad we did it.

Yes!!!!! It is also a tradition for us. DS 10 tells everyone they have to go to it when they go. I love to see him laugh at the show and the waiters are a lot of fun also.

I would highly recommend it! I have been going to Disney since I was a kid, and this is still one of my favorite shows! Try to request the floor, if it is possible. You can also stay in the campgroud to enjoy the campfire and the water parade goes by the beach (at least it used to).

Try hoop Dee Doo!

I went to Hoop De Doo the first time approximately 20 years ago. I must have been 11-13 years old. The experience stuck with me - it was a great show, fun meal, fantastic experience.

I made it a priority to bring DH to Hoop Dee Doo a few years ago. A lot of what I remembered was from the old show, but the new exerience with DH was great!

I am sure my parents debated about spending the $$ at a pricey event, but years and years later, I still appreciate it, and was willing to go to to the expense to share it with my DH (who never had a WDW vacation until me?) many years later.

We just returned and went to HDDR for the very first time. We LOVED it and our teen boys laughed way more than they will acknowledge. We celebrated our anniversary there too. Although I mentioned it to the person when I made the ressies, they asked during the dinner that those celebrating an anniversary raise their hand. Of course we did...and all couples celebrating had to dance (at their own tables) while they played a song on the piano.

It was fun and truly memorable. Well worth the cost!

We had a ton of fun at HDH when we went on our first WDW trip this past September...and I went expecting the worst: I am cynical and hard to please! Met friends there, so there were 8 of us, in the big center table. The cast danced around us. The food was pretty good...the honey butter is yummy and I liked the salad, it was kind of a "garbage" salad, all tossed up w/agood dressing, very tasty...simple, but tasty, and the shortcake was good. The show was corny and cheesy, but the cast has a good repoire with one another and the audience. They kept it fresh, though I am sure they do a million shows! Their energy was very high. It is a must-do at Disney, in my opinion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter